• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

radjess331

Reptile Keeper
Well for Rowlet, it's like an archer assassin, and its wings almost kind of resemble a cape like something batman would wear. So it could be the night one.

Archer assassin? Batman cape?

His design is based on Robin Hood. XD

BlitzGirl41

I wouldn't really say Robin Hood specifically, he just looks like a generic archer in general.

Yeah, it is quite the archetype. Even Faramir and his men in The Lord of the Rings are portrayed as such in both the book and film of The Two Towers, with bows and hoods.

2dtyplosion

If the starters do end up having split forms and the leaked ones are the nightime forms, the daytime ones id like to see are. Rowlet to be grass/ground and maybe continue being fat. Litten to be either Fire/poison, or pure fire and be quadraped, and Popplio to be water/fighting and continue with the bubble acrobat thing.

Sabre_King

Seeing rockruff's evolution is making me lean towards each starter having two forms for their final evolution. If this in fact comes true then I wonder which form I will choose for each starter, I mean if the split forms do occur then I know I will train both for each line.

noakai

It makes sense we got at least one day/night Pokemon since they made such a point of making a big deal out of how the game is set to your 3DS time and Moon's is offset by 12 hours, so I think giving the starters day/night evolutions as another way to tie into that mechanic makes sense too. It's an interesting thing to change up what are usually the stars of the games.

Sabre_King

It will be interesting how the starters are marketed if the split evolution forms occur. I know with X/Y the the second forms were revealed the month before the games were out, while the final forms were revealed a couple days before release. I could see the second forms being revealed this month, while the leaked photos of the starter forms be released next month, which I agree with other posts could be the night forms (thus confirming if they are real or not), while the day forms be released a few days before the initial release. I say do it this way to build the suspense for as long as possible.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
The exact text says the starters have a secret as well, it doesn't necessarily say they share the same secret

Their secret could be something completely different

can someone link the original japanese text of this statement about rockruff and the starters and secrets please?

PokeAJ

I knew either the two different forms or evos for the starters rumor was true, glad to basically have confirmation. I think we can expect the forms of Pop3 and Lit3 we haven't seen to be a bit more masculine and feminine looking respectively.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
I knew either the two different forms or evos for the starters rumor was true, glad to basically have confirmation. I think we can expect the forms of Pop3 and Lit3 we haven't seen to be a bit more masculine and feminine looking respectively.

Nothing has been confirmed in the slightest. Don't build your hopes up before we know more.

Mallow being featured prominently in the anime promo page leads further credibility to the Starter evo images being real and being anime character sheets though.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Nothing has been confirmed in the slightest. Don't build your hopes up before we know more.
While maybe not confirmed, I would say that starter split evos are pretty likely now.

Seven of Arcanine

RK9 Unit Trainer

Mallow being featured prominently in the anime promo page leads further credibility to the Starter evo images being real and being anime character sheets though.

Yeah, that's what I keep thinking. I would be so happy if I had another chance at the final evolutions, because only Rowlet's is passable for me.

But I don't want to get my hopes up. It might not be true, and even if it is, I might not be any happier with the alternatives.

R_N

While maybe not confirmed, I would say that starter split evos are pretty likely now.

I've been meaning to ask, are there other leaks that mention split evos other than what was one of the big ones?

Because the one I'm thinking of is totally bunk since Rockruff's evolution listed there is contradicted by the one it actually is

knightwolf09

I've been meaning to ask, are there other leaks that mention split evos other than what was one of the big ones?

Because the one I'm thinking of is totally bunk since Rockruff's evolution listed there is contradicted by the one it actually is

So far, not many that do. But I bet there's going to be plenty of fake ones coming very soon that say they do.

shadowF

knightwolf09

Hope Litten's other final evolution is something like this:https://i.ytimg.com/vi/TYRmLftY8iE/maxresdefault.jpg

Now let's remember if the starters do get alternate forms, they're going to be like Meowstic. With similar body builds and face, but different features. Lugarugan is a good example how that works. So even if they get split forms, don't get your hopes up they'll look completely different as if they are two different pokemon.

shadowF

Now let's remember if the starters do get alternate forms, they're going to be like Meowstic. With similar body builds and face, but different features. Lugarugan is a good example how that works. So even if they get split forms, don't get your hopes up they'll look completely different as if they are two different pokemon.

So could Litten"s other final evolution form just be The heel wrestler but this time in all fours?

Wadeledge

Till all are One
So could Litten"s other final evolution form just be The heel wrestler but this time in all fours?

I'd assume, if that rumor is even true, and I have my doubts, it'd still be bipedal and probably a hero wrestler and maybe, just maybe...Fire...and...Fighting...

A thing to remember is that the Chinese leak and the leaked images aren't the same thing. The pictures came first, then the chinese leak is either legit, or piggybacked off the pictures. Also, the Chinese leak isn't the one that said there would be more than one form for the starter evolutions, that is a 4Chan rumor that has been mostly debunked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.