• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzGirl41

Guys a friend of mine studies Japanese. I asked him to translate the old corocoro scan where this famous secret was revealed. This is what he told me:
"Rockruff has a secret. Maybe the starters have a secret too".
Corocoro never really said that Rockruff and the Starters share the same secret, it only stated that also the Starters may have their own secret.
So bring your hopes down, cause no reliable leaker gave us informations about the designs of these other forms (not a single one, which is strange). We have the real evolutions, that's all.

It surely makes me wonder what this "secret" of the starters is in the first place. I actually wasn't very surprised by Rockruff's "secret", as it's not really anything new. Sure, we haven't had a Pokemon beyond Eevee that has an exclusive day and an exclusive night evolution, but it still follows the trend of past Pokemon whose evos are time-dependent. I do hope that the starters don't have split-evos, but that's just me.

1, we have a very credible leak of the starter evolutions. (Nitpick sorry) 2 yeah pretty sure most of us know the wording. 3 them wording it like that does not really change anything about split starter evo forms. 4 of course they don't have the same secret...... The starters evolving into a wolf or werewolf would just be silly.

Yeah people shouldn't get their hopes up, but the wording doesn't contradict split forms and split day and night forms exist now which gives them an edge over other hypothetical secrets the starters could be hiding.

'Very credible'. Only predicted Alola Forms and even then didn't use that exact term and alluded to them being purely aesthetic changes.

Don't get me wrong, I feel alternate starter forms are a possibility now but you shouldn't have to be spreading false information to prove your argument.

knightwolf09

'Very credible'. Only predicted Alola Forms and even then didn't use that exact term and alluded to them being purely aesthetic changes.

Don't get me wrong, I feel alternate starter forms are a possibility now but you shouldn't have to be spreading false information to prove your argument.

I don't think he was talking THAT leak.

goodpeople25

I was commenting on the "real evolution" thing, thus the nitpick. So yeah not that leak, I barely know much about that leak, the concept art I think we all know about by this point. (Edit: and my feelings on them being considered "real" for that matter)

Last edited:
Didn't the chinese leak mention the starters final forms? And so far that's been nothing but credible?

I was commenting on the "real evolution" thing, thus the nitpick. So yeah not that leak, I barely know much about that leak, the concept art I think we all know about by this point

My bad, thought you said we had a credible leak for starter split evos, not the Mallow Files.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RJ-k_EkPQg

Someone already linked some trailer's, but "Verlisify" goes over it and thinks it's mega evolution

I don't think it is, because it finishes with the Z-Move symbol.

There is definitely something special about it though
Ah, that thing. In another Japan trailer it showed the player grabbing a Crystal then going to that position, so I think it's just an animation that happens when you obtain a new crystal.

john90

1, we have a very credible leak of the starter evolutions. (Nitpick sorry) 2 yeah pretty sure most of us know the wording. 3 them wording it like that does not really change anything about split starter evo forms. 4 of course they don't have the same secret...... The starters evolving into a wolf or werewolf would just be silly.

Yeah people shouldn't get their hopes up, but the wording doesn't contradict split forms and split day and night forms exist now which gives them an edge over other hypothetical secrets the starters could be hiding.

I was clearly talking about split evolutions for the starters. With "real evolutions" I meant the archer, the wrestler and the mermaid, which are probably the only ones we will have.

goodpeople25

And I was just nitpicking the "real" for my first point. The entire rest of the post was talking about split evos as well and that we know the wording.

.Aerodactyl.

Anyone want to speculate on what their secret could be besides potential split forms? I think it's clear they have something, weather it's big like split forms or over hyped and small like "they can use z-crystals". I don't think they'd mention it at all if there wasn't at least a small something. It reads like one of those book synopsis questions they ask you that are obviously rhetorical. Mind you, I don't know if it's common in Japanese to bring up questions like this and then have it just be nothing.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Anyone want to speculate on what their secret could be besides potential split forms? I think it's clear they have something, weather it's big like split forms or over hyped and small like "they can use z-crystals". I don't think they'd mention it at all if there wasn't at least a small something. It reads like one of those book synopsis questions they ask you that are obviously rhetorical. Mind you, I don't know if it's common in Japanese to bring up questions like this and then have it just be nothing.

It wouldn't surprise me if they all have signature attacks in their final forms in the form of Z-Moves, rather than standard attacks.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I think exclusive Z-Moves could be it as well. TBH I'd prefer those over split-evos.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
I think exclusive Z-Moves could be it as well. TBH I'd prefer those over split-evos.

Seconded, the split evo thing would feel off to me with a starter. And who knows, maybe Rockruff's evo has a signature z-move as well! There's your shared secret!

Alolan Houndoom

I'm hoping for alternate forms for the starters, but only because I'm not a huge fan of any of the official ones, although Sirene is alright. I won't say that I expect to see forms, but it is certainly a possibility. We'll just have to wait and see!

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
Hmm, I still don't think exclusive Z-moves are the secret. Snorlax has an exclusive Z-move, and it seems odd they would make a big deal about the secret of Rockruff and the Starters being an exclusive Z-move only for them to reveal the secret Z-move mechanic with Snorlax.

If the secret isn't a split form or Z-moves, perhaps it could be plot related. I can't think of too many things they would have as a secret that would make sense and be guessable (as opposed to another super surprise by Gamefreak such as, "The secret is the Starters and Rockruff actually have alternate universe versions of themselves! Now after you pick your starter you can pick from an entirely different set of completely different starters later on, and you get Smoothpurr instead of Rockruff, too!").

Julia Artemis

Hmm, I still don't think exclusive Z-moves are the secret. Snorlax has an exclusive Z-move, and it seems odd they would make a big deal about the secret of Rockruff and the Starters being an exclusive Z-move only for them to reveal the secret Z-move mechanic with Snorlax.

If the secret isn't a split form or Z-moves, perhaps it could be plot related. I can't think of too many things they would have as a secret that would make sense and be guessable (as opposed to another super surprise by Gamefreak such as, "The secret is the Starters and Rockruff actually have alternate universe versions of themselves! Now after you pick your starter you can pick from an entirely different set of completely different starters later on, and you get Smoothpurr instead of Rockruff, too!").

Maybe.....there does seem to be some plot point with alternate dimension with the ultra beasts, so I think there could be some truth to that...perhaps.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

So exclusive z-moves that we already know a lot of other pokemon will have? That really isn't even a secret anymore since we've known about exclusive z-moves.

It has to be something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.