• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TyLogic

They're likely referring to the sound effect. The damage sound effect changes depending on whether a move is super-effective, neutral, or not very effective.

That said, it doesn't matter in the case of Nature's Madness, because it deals fixed damage, and fixed damage moves always use the neutral damage sound effect (since they cant score super-effective or resisted damage).

Oh yeah, I totally forgot it cuts the opponents HP in half. Thank You! :D

Well if that is the case then it most likely is a Fairy-type move based on Tapu Koko's typing. I doubt it is Electric. Most of all I hope it's not signature. They didn't really make that clear. They just said "A New Move... Natures Madness!" I think there is 50-50 chance it isn't signature. If not then there are so many pokemon that can use this, like Popplio3!

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Oh yeah, I totally forgot it cuts the opponents HP in half. Thank You! :D

Well if that is the case then it most likely is a Fairy-type move based on Tapu Koko's typing. I doubt it is Electric. Most of all I hope it's not signature. They didn't really make that clear. They just said "A New Move... Natures Madness!" I think there is 50-50 chance it isn't signature. If not then there are so many pokemon that can use this, like Popplio3!

My guess is it will be shared by the other Island Guardians as well. All of them are presumed to protect the envrionment of their islands, just like Tapu Koko does for Melemele, so it stands to reason that, should their habitats be threatened, they will unleash the wrath of nature upon their foes.

Ok so, in Pokemon Sun I might choose Litten, and for Pokemon Moon I might choose Rowlet.

TyLogic

My guess is it will be shared by the other Island Guardians as well. All of them are presumed to protect the envrionment of their islands, just like Tapu Koko does for Melemele, so it stands to reason that, should their habitats be threatened, they will unleash the wrath of nature upon their foes.

Well that'd be weird. You can't make a pokemon faint with a move like that right? But I see what your saying and I thought the same thing.

Popplio3 will get something though. Since it makes balloons out of water I was surprised it knew Water Gun instead of Bubble. Maybe they did that to make it different from Froakie? But it should be able to use Bubble Beam, right? And I hope they make a new Water-type move for those bubbley Water-types (The ones that learn Bubble, Bubble Beam, Water Pulse etc.). It'd be the bubble equivalent of Hydro Pump. And I can see Popplio3 with it. Or it could be a signature move. :D

knightwolf09

Well that'd be weird. You can't make a pokemon faint with a move like that right? But I see what your saying and I thought the same thing.

Popplio3 will get something though. Since it makes balloons out of water I was surprised it knew Water Gun instead of Bubble. Maybe they did that to make it different from Froakie? But it should be able to use Bubble Beam, right? And I hope they make a new Water-type move for those bubbley Water-types (The ones that learn Bubble, Bubble Beam, Water Pulse etc.). It'd be the bubble equivalent of Hydro Pump. And I can see Popplio3 with it. Or it could be a signature move. :D

I think Popplio does learn Bubblebeam. I think I've seen him use it in a trailer once.

TyLogic

Since when was it confirmed that Litten knew Leer, Lick, Growl, and Fire Fang? Shouldn't Scratch be on there too, or was that not officially confirmed?

goodpeople25

I think we got it from a japanese trailer. Can't remember exactly which one though, 2-3 back maybe. Just remember posts here translating it. Well I remember it being 2 normal moves a fire move and lick anyway.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
Aromatisse is plenty dazzling :p I know, Gengar gets it as well iirc. It's just some people tend to scream "but it doesn't have any obvious gems on its body!" when people suggest Dazzling Gleam sometimes.

I was reading through posts and was going to mention my marvelous friend gengar in response to that one you responded to, but it looks like you beat me to it. On my first playthrough of x I made a marvelous trainer vid with my gengar in which it was truly "dazzling" in coming to cheer up my poor alone-in-dark-woods trainer. It was very touching for a ~10second vid and I got lots of "nices" from passerby who watched it. One of the saddest parts about deleting my file to make a new one was the video's loss...

But anyways, I fully support the somewhat dubious spread of dazzling gleam on 'mons like gengar, and considering it does have such a spread, I would definitely be surprised if poppliovely didn't get it. It will be pretty funny if liften does too, though... Just imagine it shouting "fairy princess shining power!!!"

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
So is the general consensus that we will be seeing the starter mid forms on the 4th? Seems like an ideal time to show them off.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
So is the general consensus that we will be seeing the starter mid forms on the 4th? Seems like an ideal time to show them off.

I think it's fair to say we'll get them in October, but whether or not we'll get them on the 4th is debatable. I mean, they were first shown in CoroCoro last time, so maybe a mid to late month Trailer is more likely.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I wouldn't say it's the general consensus, but I do expect the starter mid-evos on the 4th.

Julia Artemis

So I'm wondering, say the connection between the starters and Rockruff isn't the split forms but Z move transformations (also assuming past starters will get this as well) would you be happy about this or nonplussed?

Orphalesion

So I'm wondering, say the connection between the starters and Rockruff isn't the split forms but Z move transformations (also assuming past starters will get this as well) would you be happy about this or nonplussed?

I'd be happy, I'm not the biggest fan of the split forms for starters. Though I'm not particularly interested in z-transformations either tbh...

Julia Artemis

I'm torn as well. I honestly like the idea of different forms of the starters so I want it to happen. And although I really disliked the idea of Mega evolutions, I feel Z moves is a better way to go about it since it feels less like Digimon and more like just a powerup move.

Charmander27

Very Melon
So, aside from Bruxish, I've liked every Pokémon revealed thus far in Sun and Moon. However, I didn't like any of the concept art starter leaks... at all. Something about them seems really fake and not right, but people are treating them as confirmed because of a girl with a flower in her hair in a Hawai'ian themed game. For all I'm concerned, it was a giant Bellossom until GameFreak says otherwise.

knightwolf09

So, aside from Bruxish, I've liked every Pokémon revealed thus far in Sun and Moon. However, I didn't like any of the concept art starter leaks... at all. Something about them seems really fake and not right, but people are treating them as confirmed because of a girl with a flower in her hair in a Hawai'ian themed game. For all I'm concerned, it was a giant Bellossom until GameFreak says otherwise.

You remember when Alolan Raichu was leaked? I was sure that was fake too, but look what we got. You shouldn't think something is fake because you don't like the design. You should know by now GF doesn't always give you things you like.

Last edited:

Akashin

I wonder if GF will explain why Bellossom in Alola have decided to style themselves after one of the Trial Captains to the point of growing hair identical to her's. It could make for an interesting Alolan Pokemon concept.

Sakuraba

I'm torn as well. I honestly like the idea of different forms of the starters so I want it to happen. And although I really disliked the idea of Mega evolutions, I feel Z moves is a better way to go about it since it feels less like Digimon and more like just a powerup move.

I said this in another tread, gonna say it again; Z-Moves Transformations are nothing but redundant. Why have two things that do the same ****?

Status
Not open for further replies.