• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I almost want it to be Roarflame, honestly. Almost. :p

I do find it interesting that Junaibaa has no trace of the word for "owl" (Fukurō) in its name though. Just "jun", meaning "falcon".

It kinda does look like a falcon.It's not unlikely that it's based on a falcon with some owl traits.And since falcons are my favorite animals,I'm kinda torn between Rowlet and Litten.Hmmm...hopefully,we can trade early on.

Oh,and I meant "laugh" not "have"...don't know how I did that.Edited!

TyLogic

"Oh, hey there buddy. What's your name?"

"ROAR FANG FLAME!!!"

"...."

Ok, so fang in Japanese is "kiba", which doesn't fit. Flame is "kaen", which does. So, at the moment, we at the very least have Roarflame.

GF has used various languages as origins for their Japanese names. I was just trying to cover my bases :)

It does sound pretty weird, however, if I'm correct, Wobuufet's name translates to something like "That's how it is", so it's not too crazy I guess...
So does that mean it would be Roaring Flame instead of Roar Flame?

Novembre

It's a possibility, but I hope not. If they reveal them today, then the starters final evolutions have a possibility of being the only thing revealed. (In terms of new Pokemon) I hope they reveal other Pokemon alongside them, like the TGC Sea Urchin.

I said I was too impatient to know Litten3 and Popplio3 second type, but I want to know more about new Pokémon in the same time. And I think you're right, it's better to know more about Pokémon we know nothing about! I don't really know the card game... Pokémon usually have only one type with cards? They reveal the final form but the second type is maybe a secret for the release...

In French, we probably got a ridiculous name, as usual...

Last edited:

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
It kinda does look like a falcon.It's not unlikely that it's based on a falcon with some owl traits.And since falcons are my favorite animals,I'm kinda torn between Rowlet and Litten.Hmmm...hopefully,we can trade early on.

Oh,and I meant "laugh" not "have"...don't know how I did that.Edited!

haha Don't worry, I could tell you meant "laugh".

So, Liften's name has gotten even better. "ga" means man, so his name is now officially:

ROAR-MAN-FLAME

I do find it interesting that Junaibaa has no trace of the word for "owl" (Fukurō) in its name though. Just "jun", meaning "falcon".

I think the name was meant to be Beltigre, although either that was false or that was Japanese-only. I personally want Nyabbi Beltigre, as it is a really neat name to me.

TyLogic

So, Liften's name has gotten even better. "ga" means man, so his name is now officially:

ROAR-MAN-FLAME

Or Roar Flame Man! That way, it kind of sounds like a wrestler name.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Don't be pessimistic.Fire/Dark or Fire/Steel are still posibilities.

Probably Fire/Dark. I'm not seeing any Steeliness out of it, though it is pretty metal *ba dum tiss*

Update on Junaipa: "nai" means "inside", while "pa" means "to release", likely referencing it shooting its quills as arrows.

Ashirene is still just "sea lion" and "siren".

That is all.

TyLogic

Don't be pessimistic.Fire/Dark or Fire/Steel are still posibilities.

Agreed, albeit, it almost seems expected.

I wonder if they will reveal signature moves for them. Also, (while it's unlikely) I kind of hope that they have different abilities besides Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent respectively.

lunis the ogre

Ogre of the gourd
Probably Fire/Dark. I'm not seeing any Steeliness out of it, though it is pretty metal *ba dum tiss*

Update on Junaipa: "nai" means "inside", while "pa" means "to release", likely referencing it shooting its quills as arrows.

Ashirene is still just "sea lion" and "siren".

That is all.

Do you make memes? Because I see your posts all over and you really need to make memes. You are a f(p)unny person.

I am so torn on starters, I really really like rowlet3 but not the rest of his line at all and that surprises me because I love owls. On the other hand I love every bit of litten's line so I am 99% sure I am sticking with litten. I hope it is fire/fighting because I love that combination for in game teams as it is usually very helpful with the amount of normal pokemon usually encountered early on. Granted with this gen, we may not see that many normals early on.

ROAR-MAN-FLAME

This is so funny. I am really tempted to name my Litten RoarManFlame now instead of Meowstache as I had previously decided.

TyLogic

This is so funny. I am really tempted to name my Litten RoarManFlame now instead of Meowstache as I had previously decided.

Meowstache? Is that a combination of meow and mustache? Tigers don't have a mustache, they have a mane. Does Litten3 have a mustache?
I hope not...

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Thanks, I try :)

Well I would be honored if you did. Translated names do make the best nicknames, though, like how Pikachu becomes Sparklesqueak.

Meowstache? Is that a combination of meow and mustache? Tigers don't have a mustache, they have a mane. Does Litten3 have a mustache?
I hope not...

When my friend first saw Litten way back in May she said it's whiskers looked like a Moustache, and she said that I should name it Moustache, but I said I have better - Meowstache. So it's more a thing for a friend.

Oh, and anyone is free to take the nickname ;)

Last edited:

lunis the ogre

Ogre of the gourd
When my friend first saw Litten way back in May she said it's whiskers looked like a Moustache, and she said that I should name it Moustache, but I said I have better - Meowstache. So it's more a thing for a friend.

As a fan of the handlebar moustache, I was hoping that they would stick with this "appearance" throughout the entire line and litten3 would have had a nice handlebar 'stache with flames on the tips. Make him sort of like an old style strong man since rowlet2 reminded me of an old school knife thrower seen at circuses and carnivals and popplio2 reminded me of flapper girl.

TyLogic

I can't really see it that well, but does anyone else think that Rowlet3's arrows look different?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I can't really see it that well, but does anyone else think that Rowlet3's arrows look different?

I see where you're coming from, but that's just the lighting. Look closely and you can see all the same details that were present in the leaked art.

Status
Not open for further replies.