• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

B. Thunder Tiger

I just made it up a few seconds ago, but what about Tigroar.. I mean Beltigre sounds nice and all, but I honestly don't find it fitting to the character. That name doesn't sound like menacing tiger wrestler that will tear you apart. It sounds like a fancy tiger prancing around on stage. Tigroar sounds like it will rip you to shreds the moment it locks eyes with you.

Tigroar also fits, but its too basic and simple, whereas Beltigre is more fitting for a wrestler. Remember, wrestlers are still perform entertainment for people in the form of fighting on a stage, that being a wrestling ring, so it needs a fancy stage name. At least the word "Bel" refers to something related to Fire, along with the word "Beligerent", which is fitting for the Dark Type. Finally, the belt has the whole Ring of Fire reference down to a T. At least in my view anyways.

Akashin

Tigroar also fits, but its too basic and simple, whereas Beltigre is more fitting for a wrestler. Remember, wrestlers are still perform entertainment for people in the form of fighting on a stage, that being a wrestling ring, so it needs a fancy stage name. At least the word "Bel" refers to something related to Fire, along with the word "Beligerent", which is fitting for the Dark Type. Finally, the belt has the whole Ring of Fire reference down to a T. At least in my view anyways.

We're dealing with a Pokemon whose Japanese name means RoarFlame, roughly. A basic and simple name in English too would hardly be unreasonable.

Aetius

If Junaipa won't get Sniper as its HA, I'll be extremely disappointed. LOL
The names are...interesting.
Junaipa is my favourite; Gaogaen rolls the tongue a bit, but nothing impossible to pronunce; as for Ashirene, it sounds beautiful and I presume it comes from Ashimari and Siren. :D
I wonder what their typings are...
Even if Gaogaen will end up getting the Fire/Fighting type, I won't mind; I just love its appearance too much. XD

Last edited:

Sakuraba

They deleted the tweet, so that wasn't meant to be the reveal. I wonder if they plan to just officially reveal them anyway in the stuff we're supposed to get later and the TCG tweet was meant for later today.

So that's what happened. You lose energy for a couple hours and suddenly there's no more secrets.

That aside, it's not like we didn't know they were true already. Even before the datamine they were solid.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Grass GHOST - Decidueye
Fire DARK - Incineroar
Water FAIRY!! - Primarina

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Locormus

HA.. xD

Honestly, I think that you were projecting too much. "Ring of Fire reference down to a T", there was no Ring of Fire reference to speak off in the first place. Incineroar is great.

ebevan91

Could Ghost now be super effective vs. Fairy?

I'm only speculating because (Fire) Dark > (Grass) Ghost, (Water) Fairy > (Fire) Dark.

EDIT: Yeah Fire resists Fairy so it's not a complete balance.

Last edited:

Ver-mont

I'm only speculating because (Fire) Dark > (Grass) Ghost, (Water) Fairy > (Fire) Dark.

I don't think the second types balance themselves out.

Fairy wouldn't be super effective against Fire/Dark because it's not very effective against Fire. Neutral damage.

Locormus

Could be that they're still working out the kinks with the Fairy-type. But who knows, it might just be a general twist. Not everything has to make sense, see the Hoenn-starters for example, or heck, the original Kanto Trio.

I for one am not greatly relieved that we didn't get another Fire/Fighting-type Fire-starter, but that we now have at least one GenVII original Dark-type. THANK YOU GAMEFREAK. It's just sad that I now have to be conflicted between ****andit and Incineroar.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Wow, Grass/Ghost? I did not see that coming. I wonder why they changed it from Flying...

Anyways, I like these typings. Glad that Decidueye does not have that x4 Ice weakness.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Litten 3 is actually shorter than I thought it would be! Not that much taller than it's trainer!
It's 5'11. It's actually taller than I thought it would be. Since it seemed to be about the same height as the Machamp it was wrestling in the concept art, I was assuming it would be 5'03 like Machamp.

B. Thunder Tiger

HA.. xD

Honestly, I think that you were projecting too much. "Ring of Fire reference down to a T", there was no Ring of Fire reference to speak off in the first place. Incineroar is great.

Yeah, okay, I admit. I was wrong there. Still doesn't change my choice. Inciniroar is also great for a name. At least its not as confusing like the Grass Starter one. Still like Beltigre more to my personal view, but that is just me.

As for those going with Grass/Flying and constantly arguing it was going to keep that type...here's something nice to soften your pain guys.

Deal with it, Grass/Ghost archer owl! You got trolled! I will bet that had I suggested the Ghost typing myself, I would have been shot down in less than 1 second.

2dtyplosion

Thank god Incineroar is Fire/Dark i actually get to use him now. I also remember when people were saying Rowlets evo had to be /flying.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Yeah, okay, I admit. I was wrong there. Still doesn't change my choice. Inciniroar is also great for a name. At least its not as confusing like the Grass Starter one. Still like Beltigre more to my personal view, but that is just me.

As for those going with Grass/Flying and constantly arguing it was going to keep that type...here's something nice to soften your pain guys.

Deal with it, Grass/Ghost archer owl! You got trolled! I will bet that had I suggested the Ghost typing myself, I would have been shot down in less than 1 second.
Hah! xD

Anyway, yeah, I'm surprised by the Ghost typing. But it's better than Grass/Flying.

I will say I'm kind of unimpressed with their unique moves, though.

ebevan91

Thank god Incineroar is Fire/Dark i actually get to use him now.

I eventually play through the games enough to have used all 3 starters but I might be saving him for last.

Status
Not open for further replies.