• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Missingno.Fan

I don't know what I should do. Incineroar looks cool in game, but I like Primarina as well. I want to use Gen VII Pokémon only on my team in Moon (I'm getting it first), and a lot of Pokémon I like this generatation are water or fairy type (Wimpod's evolution, Ribombee, Mimikyu, Wishiwashi, and Morelull's evolution). I originally thought I should take Popplio in Moon and do a monotype fairy run, but I want Lycanroc midnight on my team.

sketchersmeargle

I don't know what I should do. Incineroar looks cool in game, but I like Primarina as well. I want to use Gen VII Pokémon only on my team in Moon (I'm getting it first), and a lot of Pokémon I like this generatation are water or fairy type (Wimpod's evolution, Ribombee, Mimikyu, Wishiwashi, and Morelull's evolution). I originally thought I should take Popplio in Moon and do a monotype fairy run, but I want Lycanroc midnight on my team.

why not just choose Litten and then trade over with a friend, then restart the game and go with popplio and have your friend send Litten back over. That so you have both and Lycanrock and whoever else, possibly, Mimikyu and Morellul for type diversity, but who am I to say.

I played HG with a team that had Ariados, Ledian, Heracross and Scizor take up the blunt of it with Smeargle and feraligatr leading it.

And now it seems I'm doing it again with Vikavolt, Ribombee and Wimpod.

Missingno.Fan

why not just choose Litten and then trade over with a friend, then restart the game and go with popplio and have your friend send Litten back over. That so you have both and Lycanrock and whoever else, possibly, Mimikyu and Morellul for type diversity, but who am I to say.
Actually I'm going to get Sun eventually (either for Christmas or my birthday). I think I'm just going to use Litten on Moon and wait for Sun to use Popplio.

B. Thunder Tiger

What I love the most about Incineroar's overall name, is that the word "Incinerate" doesn't just refer to its fire typing, but also that the word "Sin" makes a clear sound whenever you say either word. Seeing as committing sins is seen as a form of evil, this in turn befits the Dark-type, seeing its known as the Evil-Type, even though Incineroar isn't really evil (no Pokémon really is), but people should get the point either way.

Note: Just so we are clear, I'm not saying the word "Sin" is in the name, but rather that the overall name incorporates the sound of the said word.

Last edited:

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS' DLC has concluded. There's no more coming. They're done.
Oh. I didn't know they'd actually said that at any point. I thought it just dried up for now, but there was a possibility for the future. That's a shame. I was hoping there might be another season of DLC events at some point to tide us over to Smash 5, considering they take so long to come out. Oh well.

Sakuraba

Yeah, only way this is going to happen is if Smash 4 gets an enhanced port for the Switch. Or I guess if Smash 5 eventually happens, but even if it does Generation 8 will probably be out by release and they'd rather advertise that (we never did get a Generation 5 playable character because it released in the deadzone between Brawl and 3DS/Wii U).

Shame too. Personally I'd like Decidueye because we don't have a Grass-type starter yet, but Water has Greninja and Fire has Charizard. And also because I am intensely biased towards Decidueye.

And I'd absolutely agree with Incineroar for Pokken... too bad it doesn't have Hawlucha to feud against. Guess Libre would have to do.

Unless we get a better version of Pokken (or better yet: a sequel) for the Switch with extra characters besides Darkrai and Scizor.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I've just got to say that I'm glad people are coming around to the Popplio line now (more so than before, at least). That little cutie deserves the love!

I46YXm9ZsA6PJJRjz1XL6a00Ax427v0RkKtL_xaCM349wFvOWmH-XrrCSWRisxw74Oc9Y9xQ1DieWxw=w1394-h760

shadowF

so is Incineroar a physical attacker or special attacker?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Darkest Lariat is physical. And I believe Litten's Atk is higher than it's Sp. Atk, so I'd bet in Physical Attacker.

Besides, Just look at him. No way that thing is special.

Yeah, it will lean more towards the Physical, but I'm guessing (based on Litten's stats) that it will have the potential to go Mixed. I'm thinking Fire/Dark Infernape, but with more of a Physical focus instead of perfectly balanced offenses and defenses.

Sakuraba

Yeah, it will lean more towards the Physical, but I'm guessing (based on Litten's stats) that it will have the potential to go Mixed. I'm thinking Fire/Dark Infernape, but with more of a Physical focus instead of perfectly balanced offenses and defenses.

Possible, given it uses Asian Mist and other tactics like that.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Yeah, and if that's the case, this thing (assuming it has the movepool to back up its stats) could be a real monster.

glacialcat

Hopefully this means it learns Gunk Shot or Sludge Bomb (if it can go mixed).

Fire/Dark/Poison is only resisted by Rock/Dark and Rock/Fighting types. Assuming it gets some good fighting-type moves (likely), that's perfect neutral coverage. Fire/Dark/Fighting doesn't do it alone, can't get past Dragon/Fairy, Water/Fairy, or Fire/Fairy.

Last edited:

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Fire/Dark/Poison is only resisted by Rock/Dark and Rock/Fighting types. Assuming it gets some good fighting-type moves (likely), that's perfect neutral coverage. Fire/Dark/Fighting doesn't do it alone, can't get past Dragon/Fairy, Water/Fairy, or Fire/Fairy without Poison.

Sludge Bomb seems possible seeing as we do see him spitting so nasty who knows what in the concept art. Gunk Shot...I think it's a strong possibility, but we'll need to wait for Gen 7 Tutors.

Sakuraba

Fire/Dark/Poison is only resisted by Rock/Dark and Rock/Fighting types. Assuming it gets some good fighting-type moves (likely), that's perfect neutral coverage. Fire/Dark/Fighting doesn't do it alone, can't get past Dragon/Fairy, Water/Fairy, or Fire/Fairy.

I can definitely see it getting Sludge Bomb. Maybe it'll get Poison Jab if it's pure physical. But Gunk Shot I'm not sure. It's a biiig maybe.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I can definitely see it getting Sludge Bomb. Maybe it'll get Poison Jab if it's pure physical. But Gunk Shot I'm not sure. It's a biiig maybe.

Gunk Shot seems likely to me. I mean...look at this:

trashcanmatch_288x288.jpg

Gunk Shot is basically just that.

goodpeople25

Uh sure let's go with that, it's a bit more uh... Clean(?) than (from what I understand to be) the reasoning behind most non posion types getting gunk shot.

Gohankuten

I kinda hope if Primarina has a good Sp. Att(it feels like a more special attack oriented than physical attack oriented) it gets dark pulse(or a new decent special Dark type attack) for coverage to give it neutral coverage when combined with it's STABs so it can have 4th slot for a support move. Though it doesn't seem like it would be suited for a sweeper position since it doesn't look like it would have the speed to pull that off though it might have the bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.