• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakuraba

knightwolf09

I still wonder. Why did Decidueye's defense stat lower? I was good in defenses and suddenly got worse, in the one stat it needed to take hits better. It didn't even switch into anything.

noakai

I dunno about that. I think Decidueye has been well received by fans, but from what I've seen it seems like Incineroar is way more popular. I suppose that could change over time, but I think Decidueye lacks the edgy appeal that Lucario and Greninja had in terms of design at least.

Litten was way popular, but the reveal of its third form got it a TON of hate. People have been talking about how ugly it is and how much of a disappointment it is for literally months, since that very first leak that turned out to be true. So I really don't think it's nearly that popular. I expected Popplio to get a lot of hate but there seems to be a lot of support for how pretty it is along with people upset that a starter is so distinctly feminine.

Sulfurian

If speed is honestly extremely concerning, there are ways around it. Trick room, max speed+choice scarf user that locks itself into spirit shackle to trap walls or threats in, and then switch or spam it with arrows until they die because they're trapped on something they can't deal with.

That signature move is it's bread and butter. Yes you can run other moves on it, but they should be support moves or dark/flying coverage. Otherwise you're better off taunting what you trap or setting up with a hopeful agility or swords dance as they try to retaliate.

Gohankuten

I still wonder. Why did Decidueye's defense stat lower? I was good in defenses and suddenly got worse, in the one stat it needed to take hits better. It didn't even switch into anything.

I don't think it's that it's base Def stat got lower it just didn't increase while it's base Att, Sp.Att, and Sp.Def all increased.

shadowF

sorry but Im confused, with the leak stats on Decidueye what does this mean? Which of the starters will be strong on which area and which starter will be better than the rest?

Sulfurian

sorry but Im confused, with the leak stats on Decidueye what does this mean? Which of the starters will be strong on which area and which starter will be better than the rest?

It seems Litten is better for offensive, popplio for defensive but powerful offensively due to stab combo, and Rowlett is a mixed atracker with poor speed that requires good predictions and stragedy to work.

Sakuraba

It seems Litten is better for offensive, popplio for defensive but powerful offensively due to stab combo, and Rowlett is a mixed atracker with poor speed that requires good predictions and stragedy to work.

Kinda like an archer. It requires more brains than brawn and good positioning, instead of just running and shooting arrows like an idiot around the battlefield. That's really neat. I like Decidueye even more now.

GillianPuzzle

Physical Trainer
Ok, I know I'm pretty late, but I want to talk about Decidueye, especially its stats.

...So Decidueye is mixed attacker with really bad speed? I really was not expected Decidueye's stats to be like...these. Yeah. I'm pretty disappointing.
In the end, this signature move of Decidueye is pretty much pointless if it were to face an opposite that's way faster than itself. Whether or not its defenses are good against its weakness are questionable.

...This's it. I'm picking Litten. Sorry, but I can't find Rowlet's potential in all these mess.

Sulfurian

Ok, I know I'm pretty late, but I want to talk about Decidueye, especially its stats.

...So Decidueye is mixed attacker with really bad speed? I really was not expected Decidueye's stats to be like...these. Yeah. I'm pretty disappointing.
In the end, this signature move of Decidueye is pretty much pointless if it were to face an opposite that's way faster than itself. Whether or not its defenses are good against its weakness are questionable.

...This's it. I'm picking Litten. Sorry, but I can't find Rowlet's potential in all these mess.

Bulky trapper
Jolly/careful 252 hp/speed or 252/special defense Spirit Shackle/Roost/Taunt/Protect item: leftovers
All out attacker
Naive 252 attack/speed Spirit Shackle/Leaf storm/Sucker Punch (it gets it)/Brave bird(if it gets it) or uturn. Item: choice scarf/life orb

I can see potential here.

aerial_ace

Decidueye's stats are quite disappointing from what we can see it is quite slow and its defense is not too good either. Looks likea slow mixed attacker with good special defense and hp which doesnt sound too good competetively with its typing. Obvs we can see from the scan it gets priority move so that could be quite handy. I think spirit shackle will obvs be its niche and i think it could be quite handy. Also at the moment i' m praying for will o wisp because with that move and with potentiall access to roost it could be quite an annoying pokemon to take down and constant threat of mons being trapped could be quite useful. Now i really hope it will get a decent HA and good supportive movepool to be viable.( Watch gf giving decidueye shadow tag and making it signature move completely useless haha)

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Still weird though. Why that particular stat?

Well, archers aren't known to be massive tanks. Hence the defense staying the same instead of increasing.

palkia901

So, Primarina is a bulkier, slower Gardevoir with water soundbased pixilate, Incineroar is tecnically a swampert with intimidate, and Decidueye is just meh with really meh ability.

palkia901

Not sure but I don't think that was the case?? It'll get a STAB boost off of it though. Wonder when we'll actually get them =/

"Normal-type moves become Fairy-type moves". In game text for Pixilate.
"All sound based moves become Water-type moves". In game text for Liquid voice.

As you can see Pixilate does not mention the boost in the in game text, so we still don't know. However Liquid voice provides a surf which does not attack allies and goes through substitute, which is good. Even echoed voice + choise specs + pratically Mega Venusar Hp/sp.Attack/sp. Def is good now. Best HA among the three.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.