• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm surprised that all of the starters are fairly slow. It doesn't really matter though. I'm just glad none of them are as weak as serpierior and meganium.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Scrafty has a hard time hitting anything hard though. Incineroar has higher HP, resists more types, and doesn't have a 4x to Fairy. It can actually use Snarl, and also has U-Turn.
But it is also weak to the ever present Rock and Ground moves that plaque both VGC and Singles... unlike Scrafty who again has the superior movepool. 90 base attack isn't bad when you have two insanely powerful moves in High Jump Kick and Knock Off

Plus 95/90/90 bulk cannot be understated especially that he gets Leech Life which got an insane buff (seriously 20 to 80 power?) he's arguably the bulkiest starter this gen with excellent recovery plus he gets pretty decent move-set with Swords Dance/Bulk Up he gets EQ, Flare Blitz and Darkest Lariat really he has 4MS
Leech Life isn't excellent recovery as it's based strictly on type weaknesses and resistances... It's a good move however thanks to the buff. Bug only hits other Dark types though, which likely aren't staying in against Incineroar in the first place. The Bulk is nice enough to probably give it some leverage however

Orphalesion

Since i don't feel like soft-resetting a whole lot of times I'm probably gonna get a male Primarina. And I'm completely fine with that?

Anybody else think that "Prince" is a good nickname for male Primarina? You know, after the singer.

Bowlbasaur

Since i don't feel like soft-resetting a whole lot of times I'm probably gonna get a male Primarina. And I'm completely fine with that?

Anybody else think that "Prince" is a good nickname for male Primarina? You know, after the singer.

That's an adorable name, I love it.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I've got quite the list of names for Rowlet/Dartrix/Decidueye: Ollie, Green Arrow, Clint, Hawkeye (Despite being an Owl), Robin Hood, 11th (Bowties are cool), Katniss (If Female and Hunger games were okay), Archer... Not even all of the names I've thought of

I Pink Elephant

Shiny Hunter

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Does it really matter how good a starter is for the sake of choosing one at the beginning though? I mean, the Pokémon games are easy enough that you can easily get through the single player if you pick the worst one.

Personally when I pick my starter, I base my decision on whether I like its final evolved form. I don't usually take stats or type into consideration. I was leaning toward picking Rowlet in the beginning, but my opinion changed when Incineroar's art leaked. :3

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Probably when an event distribution is announced, most likely.

In Japan exclusively I bet, seeing as Japan always gets so much events other countries never get

Gohankuten

Man I wish the cutscene wasn't so long between the point you can save for soft reseting starters. Makes it quite a pain trying to sr a female popplio but I will get her eventually.

Gohankuten

After about an hour if SRing I finally got a female Popplio so I am happy now. Was a tad unlucky with the nature getting Lonely(+Att -Def) but at least it doesn't lower Sp.Att or Sp.Def so it's still usable.

SonDaan

Vive Le Vélo
I'm getting the game on wednesday... Still figuring out a good moveset for Decidueye. Hard!

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
In Japan exclusively I bet, seeing as Japan always gets so much events other countries never get

There's the fact Japanese players will likely be breeding them and then releasing them onto Wonder Trade, like what they did when HA Unova starters got released there before the other countries.

Almost 90% chance that Popplio will be a boy. Welp this is 2016 so I guess Pokemon wanted to represent the times changing.

I agree. I'm down with gender roles so watch me be proud of a male Popplio should it be what my team gets.

Delmis

anyone know if the starters are shiny locked? i've been resetting for a shiny Popplio but honestly since the cutscene is so long i might just MM for it later
also what do you think would be a good nature for it?

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
anyone know if the starters are shiny locked? i've been resetting for a shiny Popplio but honestly since the cutscene is so long i might just MM for it later
also what do you think would be a good nature for it?

The starters are not shiny locked. For the nature I'd say Modest is the best for Popplio.

WolfStrider

Eeveelution Trainer
Add on to the previous question. The original three you pick from still have a chance to be shiny? If so, does it show in the cutscene or do you not find out until you can view them in your status?

Status
Not open for further replies.