• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeAJ

So are most thinking Decidueye would be best as a mxied attacker? Would it be beneficial to use a speed reducing nature or do we think 70 base is too high for that?

Last edited:

GillianPuzzle

Physical Trainer
Shiny starters opinion:
So, what do you think of starters' shiny forms? I am thinking that Litten line probably have terrible shiny forms, white colour don't match well with red and grey on Incineroar. You can't even look its teeth until you get closer. Meanwhile, I found Popplio line's shiny forms really beautiful than normal colours, especially Primarina's yellow hair! I do think light pink, white, yellow and purple match very well on Primarina. Rowlet line's shiny forms were cool and, uh, average. But still not my favourite of three starters.

Notice: Before you judge shiny starters from just look at the pictures, why don't you see the shiny starter in the ACTION? Here is video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJg_oG0JtHU
Popplio line look better there, however.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Almost 90% chance that Popplio will be a boy. Welp this is 2016 so I guess Pokemon wanted to represent the times changing.
I'm pretty sure it's just because they don't feel like changing the gender ratio.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Shiny starters opinion:
So, what do you think of starters' shiny forms? I am thinking that Litten line probably have terrible shiny forms, white colour don't match well with red and grey on Incineroar. You can't even look its teeth until you get closer. Meanwhile, I found Popplio line's shiny forms really beautiful than normal colours, especially Primarina's yellow hair! I do think light pink, white, yellow and purple match very well on Primarina. Rowlet line's shiny forms were cool and, uh, average. But still not my favourite of three starters.

Notice: Before you judge shiny starters from just look at the pictures, why don't you see the shiny starter in the ACTION? Here is video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJg_oG0JtHU

I like how Litten and Torracat look shiny but after seeing shiny Incineroar in game I can safely say I don't like it. It looks much better in the sprites. Rowlet's line is my favourite out of them all and I can't wait to hunt for them. Popplio's line is disappointing to me. Popplio and Brionne because they have boring colours IMO while Primarina should have had a paler coloured tail IMO. Other than that it looks okay.

Gengarite X

Question: Do you need to watch the entire cutscene before knowing the gender of your starter? I really want a female Popplio, but that cutscene seems excruciatingly long.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Question: Do you need to watch the entire cutscene before knowing the gender of your starter? I really want a female Popplio, but that cutscene seems excruciatingly long.

Unfortunately.
Had to start entirely over cause I got a female Litten! I usually don't give a crap about genders but Incineroar is clearly a male so I don't want a female

BlitzGirl41

Almost 90% chance that Popplio will be a boy. Welp this is 2016 so I guess Pokemon wanted to represent the times changing.

Nope, not at all. Starter Pokemon have always had a higher chance of being male regardless of their design. It has nothing to do with societal advances in equality and tolerance.

robersj4

I went with Rowlet. I ended up with a quiet nature, which I figure is decent since it's speed is slow anyway. The cut scene is so long that I decided I was happy with what I got.

BlitzGirl41

As I still have to wait until I get off work to pick up my game, I at least want to mention that I purchased the 6" Rowlet plushie online...but I may not receive it until after Thanksgiving weekend, I'm sure. :( It's been out of stock in the GameStops near where I live, and found that I did save a dollar or two buying it from their site instead of the Pokemon site (the tax and shipping). Yes, I am a grown adult buying a stuffed animal, lol! Owls rule! ;)

SonDaan

Vive Le Vélo
Nope, not at all. Starter Pokemon have always had a higher chance of being male regardless of their design. It has nothing to do with societal advances in equality and tolerance.

But still, a starter never looked more feminine... ;-)

scififan21

I'll be happy with a male Litten because I want to nickname him Stitch. :)

shadowF

Shiny starters opinion:

Wow! So glad I am not doing a full Shiny Team this generation, the Incineroar shiny version looks bad ingame especially with its teeth showing. Incineroar is my favorite pokemon and I love how its regular color looks. I think Rowlet's line has the best Shiny form in my opinion. While the Litten line has the best general form.

Bus

Wow! So glad I am not doing a full Shiny Team this generation, the Incineroar shiny version looks bad ingame especially with its teeth showing. Incineroar is my favorite pokemon and I love how its regular color looks. I think Rowlet's line has the best Shiny form in my opinion. While the Litten line has the best general form.

I'm not a huge fan of Primarina, but I do actually like its shiny form. I dont know what it is..maybe its just the blonde hair that looks better on it than blue lol.

Man, I cant wait to shiny hunt! I like the idea of this new version of the horde mechanic; what is it called, the Ally Call? Call to Arms? The Oh-God-Help! Cry? Whatever it is, it should be pretty interesting what can be chained and found shiny.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Just evolved my Rowlett, and Dartrix's design looks better in-game to me than it did in the lead up to release. Not sure what it is about it, but I'm satisfied with my choice.

Graficcha

Team Magma Scientist

Didn't this video use this tweak to turn off the black lines that appear ingame? I'm pretty sure his teeth will actually be defined from his face poperly once the contours are properly displayed.

GillianPuzzle

Physical Trainer
Didn't this video use this tweak to turn off the black lines that appear ingame? I'm pretty sure his teeth will actually be defined from his face poperly once the contours are properly displayed.

Oh, I didn't noticed it at first! Thank!
Here's video on shiny starters' final evolution WITH black lines: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9CSwJnAaNw

It took me much more time to find this video though. So how's these shiny starters in your opinion? I think I like shiny Primarina the most, again.

Last edited:

Bowlbasaur

Just evolved my Rowlett, and Dartrix's design looks better in-game to me than it did in the lead up to release. Not sure what it is about it, but I'm satisfied with my choice.

I know exactly what you mean! I wasn't sold on Alolan Grimer until I ran into him in the wild but he won me over immediately! There's just something about seeing it on your own game lol.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
I'm playing Moon first and I went with Litten. It's so cute~

Status
Not open for further replies.