• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I've always been #teampopplio but Brionne was kind of meh for me until I actually played the game and had one. It's definitely a real cutie and I think I like it more than Primarina.

i totally agree with you on Brionne. i chose Popplio at first for the LOLs/unloved factor but it grew on me fast. i do like Primarina a decent amount but Brionne is just cute as hell. Brionne is one of the cutest pkmn in gen 7 so far.

Dragon Pulse

When you've been soft resetting for about three hours just for a Rowlet with an Adamant nature... ;-;

Last edited:

BlitzGirl41

i totally agree with you on Brionne. i chose Popplio at first for the LOLs/unloved factor but it grew on me fast. i do like Primarina a decent amount but Brionne is just cute as hell. Brionne is one of the cutest pkmn in gen 7 so far.

Personally, I find Rowlet to be the cutest Pokemon...ever. But, I am biased about owls, lol. I just love how it turns its head, and the cute noises! It's the only starter this gen that I like; the rest, to me, are very ugly (but, again, my opinion).

Just got Primarina but yeah it is male cause sring for calm or modest was a pain. I just assumed I'd keep it and later breed it to be female after getting by the game. There's no point in Soft resetting for a female if I only got a female once out of 40 or so tries.

Except that you need a female Popplio line to breed with or you'll just end up with whatever pokemon in the same egg group that you used for the female.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Personally, I find Rowlet to be the cutest Pokemon...ever. But, I am biased about owls, lol. I just love how it turns its head, and the cute noises! It's the only starter this gen that I like; the rest, to me, are very ugly (but, again, my opinion).

rowlet is cute but im not a fan of his other evolution forms. 2nd stage is meh/emo and final stage is decent. i do like birds of prey alot too but i had to go for popplio this time.

So in a rush of blood i released my Popplio shortly after catching a Slowpoke, just to make the game a bit more challenging as starters just tend to be too Over powered. Been using Pikipek as my main mon and i don't regret it at all.. Except i probably kept popplio for trading lol.

shadowF

Does anyone know what moveset would be best for my Adamant Incineroar? plus item? for competitive battling.

Last edited:

XXD17

Draco rex
Does anyone know what moveset would be best for my Adamant Incineroar? plus item? for competitive battling.

Incineroar is a mixed bag...It's not particularly fast, but it's also not really bulky...it's physical offensive set is pretty much the way i would go. It get nice toys to play with like darkest lariat, flare blitz, EQ, leech life and U-turn so i would pick from those moves. As for item, choce band, choice scarf and maybe AV can work...or maybe a life orb set with leech life and flare blitz? All in all though, incineroar is pretty meh...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'm not a huge fan of Primarina, but I do actually like its shiny form. I dont know what it is..maybe its just the blonde hair that looks better on it than blue lol.

I like the shiny variations of all three fully evolved Alola starters honestly, especially Incineroar's shiny colouration hee hee. I'm not planning on soft resetting for a shiny Litten when I play Sun however since that seems like it would take too long. ^^;

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
Not going to lie, at first I did not like Incineroar the moment it was revealed through the leaks, but seeing it in game and using one a little bit (one from GTS), I am choosing it as my starter on Moon when I get it! :p It is actually a pretty cool starter! Powerful too!

Baggie_Saiyan

Not going to lie, at first I did not like Incineroar the moment it was revealed through the leaks, but seeing it in game and using one a little bit (one from GTS), I am choosing it as my starter on Moon when I get it! :p It is actually a pretty cool starter! Powerful too!

Just disappointed he didn't get a new HA. An ability that gave him fight Stab would have been great.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

Agreed! I was iffy on Incineroar and thought i'd choose Poplio for sure in my game, but I ended up choosing Litten. Incineroar is now one of my top favorite pokemon :p

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

I liked Incineroar from the start, although when we first got the fully evolved Alola starter leaks, I remember trying not to get my hopes up that Incineroar was real cuz many leaks tend to be fake and I didn't want to hype myself up for a potential disappointment. Thankfully this time they were real. :3

Genos

TTYD
I feel the same, hated it's design at first but man it is so powerful. Darkest Lariat is an awesome move to use. And it's Z-move, oh my god, it's absolutely spectacular. One of the best Z-moves. Now I love it's design and appearance in game.

I haven't had a good physical starter like this since Torterra. One of the best Alola Pokemon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.