• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xai

Y'know, popplio could be water/fighting. If he's acrobatic, you'd have to be pretty athletic.

I'm leaning more towards water/psychic or water/fairy, but fighting would be cool too! Honestly though, I feel like popplio is the most likely out of all the starters to be monotype. I'd like a dual type to help differentiate it from samurott but idk if that'll happen.

NeoDude-5000

I claim Litten! Dream came true, a fire tiger starter at long last. Hopefully Litten evolves into a bipedal Fire/Fighting tiger in the end (I sort of see that happening).

I also kinda see Rowlet being able to evolve into a ninja owl, like Falcomon from Digimon Data Squad.

Popplio looks so adorable and I never actually fought a seal or a non-land water starter would work but it looks like they pulled it off.

Rowlet

All three starters are pretty well designed in my opinion but barn owls are some of my favorite animals so I'm for sure picking Rowlet

I'm hoping for a giant owl like the one in Avatar for the final evo

kaitain

And by the way...another fire feline? I mean again? After Fennekin, Litleo last generation? Now another cat, and probably another fire lion. Please stop.

Fennekin is based on a fennec fox, which is NOT a feline species.

Orphalesion

Man, so many people worried, about Lord-Master Rowlet's evolutions being sub-par, everybody having flashbacks to Fennekin? Come own, Delphox is not that bad...
But yeah, I agree: GF, you better not mess up with that one.

I definitely can see Poppolino evolving into something cool looking. the only starter that leves me cold is Litten, but I have a long history of being unimpressed by the fire starters, going back all the way to Kanto.

LeoP2008

Trainer/Coordinator
I know it's way too early to base anything off of color scheme just yet, but Fire/Dark would be my guess too due to the heavy amounts of black. And you're right, if I saw a whole bunch of pokemon with Litten thrown in, I don't think I'd be able to peg it as a starter. It would only be the 2nd pokemon with Fire/Dark typing so it's not like it's super common. it would be kind of funny though if the only two pokemon with that typing turned out to be a Cat and a Dog lol. So far, the only one I can give a final design guess on would be the seal since it gives me such a heavy clown design. I could see it becoming a Water/Fairy too. As for Mr. Owl, he'll probably be the first pokemon since Bulbasaur that starts dual-typed and remains that way until the very end; though I could see 'Psychic' as a possible final typing due to how Owls are usually considered incredible intelligent.

If Litten is Fire/Dark, I imagine we'll get some sort of connection between the two species (at least in the anime). If I had my way, however, I'd LOVE to see it become Fire/Poison. Perhaps we could get that manticore Pokemon we've all been waiting on ;) But, I'm certain as to whatever type it is, it'll be a tiger since the Fire Starters all follow the pattern of the Chinese Zodiac.

As for Rowlett (my current favorite), I have heard some speculate Rowlett will lose its Flying-type as it's could be based on an extinct species of flightless owl. Personally, I'd like for it to remain Grass/Flying as Grass/Psychic isn't the best type combination (at least in my experience). Honestly, Grass doesn't mix well with ANY type, defense-wise (sans Steel, which mixes well with everything).

My hope for Popplio is that it becomes Water/Fairy OR somehow Water/Electric (not likely but still).

As for how the types would interact, I could see Litten being Fire/Ground for the sake of how it affect the other two Starters. We could have a Grass/Flying (Rowlet) --> Fire/Ground (Litten)--> Water/Electric (Popplio). On top of the usual super-effective triangle, we'd get a reversed triangle of immunity!! I know it's a long shot but it's still a thought. :p

Last edited:

Nodame

Misty <3
Man, so many people worried, about Lord-Master Rowlet's evolutions being sub-par, everybody having flashbacks to Fennekin? Come own, Delphox is not that bad...
But yeah, I agree: GF, you better not mess up with that one.

I definitely can see Poppolino evolving into something cool looking. the only starter that leves me cold is Litten, but I have a long history of being unimpressed by the fire starters, going back all the way to Kanto.

Delphox and Empoleon were that bad, they ruined Fennekin and Piplup for me. Then again, The only final evolution I liked was Meganium so yeah, I guess I am used to disappointment.

Rika24

Fire Pokemon Trainer
Just saw the new starters and... i dunno, i'm a bit disappointed, the fanmade ones looked better. but i'm sure they'll grow on my after a while. right now i think i'll start with Litten, hopefully he'll have a cool final form (i was a bit let down by Delphox, despite loving her first two stages)

Not sure if Rowlet will stay Grass / Flying in its final form, but I hope so.
For Litten I think it shall became Fire / Dark, but not sure if it's a good idea.
Popplio will certainly became Water / Ice.

And by the way...another fire feline? I mean again? After Fennekin, Litleo last generation? Now another cat, and probably another fire lion. Please stop.

Fennekin is a canine though?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I wait to cast my actual judgment until we see the final forms, but for now I find Rowlet to be the most appealing of the three.

LeoP2008

Trainer/Coordinator

pokemonbw01

Who's the daddy? Me!
Here is what I think.

When I first saw Litten, I thought "Is this really a pokemon?" For some reason, Litten doesn't look like a starter to me at least. I mean look at Fennekin and Chimchar, Litten has a weird design and body shape imo. Will probably and hopefully turn into a Fire/Dark Tiger.

Popplio was just weird to me at the beginning, but now that I've seen the starters for so long, I find it cute and rather amazing. The water bubbles thing is actually fun. Logically, I would say it will become Water/ Psychic because of its ability to control bubbles and all.

Rowlet, although it lacks the starter feel too, is imo the most interesting starter for me. Thank Nintendo there are 3 starter birds of different types now. Wish fulfilled! Anyways, the head spinning 180 degrees thing and a new move for it! Its so cool! Grass/Flying makes it the second starter to get a dual typing in its first stage but its fine with me. Also, reading the full descriptions given of Rowlet and realizing that they have mentioned "It has no problem in darkness", my guess is that it could be a Grass/ Fairy or they might just make it a Grass/ Flying when it evolves.

And if I had to predict which starter Ash will get in anime, I would say Rowlet because of its ability to spin the head around to take commands from its trainer. Litten will probably be chosen by the rival.

Last edited:

Cradily17

I wait to cast my actual judgment until we see the final forms, but for now I find Rowlet to be the most appealing of the three.

I like Rowlet the most too. I'm definitely going to choose it regardless of what its evolutions look like. Litten is alright, and the seal just looks really goofy. But then again, the seal could end up evolving into something totally different.

And if I had to predict which starter Ash will get in anime, I would say Rowlet because of its ability to spin the head around to take commands from its trainer. Litten will probably be chosen by the rival.

Or he could just end up getting all three like in Best Wishes. That's a possibility.

Last edited:

knightwolf09

I can see Ash getting Popplio, mostly because the fun loving look and performer personality of it looks like a good fit for him. That and he's gonna have to catch the regions bird, so the bird starter might be redundant in a team.

KKS-Lapras

The stat spreads for the final evolutions is going to be very interesting this time, what kind of battling style focuses each one will get. I always choose the water starter, but this is the first generation where I seriously like one of the other more, Rowlet just seems so interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.