• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ECM

I personally don't see that many people hating on Popplio. There are some but it seems that most just prefer Rowlet. It feels weird for me now that my favorite is the popular one. I mean first there was Bulbasaur, the last couple of games they were Chespin and Tepig, each of which seemed the least popular of their trio. I just go with what I like. That being said, I personally prefer Popplio over Litten, but I really like all three.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
He's honestly my 2nd choice after Rowlet. Not that I dislike Litten. I just prefer Rowlet because he's a bow-tie owl. Bow-ties are a thing I wear, owls are an animal I love.

I think all have potential, but popplio is a sea lion and is just precious.

Orphalesion

Litten is the middle-ground for the fanbase right now. Rowlet is by and far the most favorite because "birb"... (- _ -) ...

It doesn't have anything to do with "birb" or any other internet meme.

Rowlet is just ridiculously cute. It's a little hooting ball of fluff with a bowtie. And it's an owl. Everybody''s fond of owls.

....well except mice and shrews. ....are you perhaps a mouse or a shrew? *watches you suspiciously*

Last edited:

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
I really like how you hold up the starter that you chose.

knightwolf09

I really like how you hold up the starter that you chose.

I know it's adorable. I wanna see it happen with Popplio and see it's happy face of it being picked. Also Rowlet would look like your picking up a little ball, which is pretty cute too.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Man, I just want to pat Rowlet's soft ball head lol.

Megatron213

I'm gonna go litten first cause it's a cat lol with Rowelt second because of that turn the head around and look at the trainer that's funny and poppilio last because not a big fan but he's final evolution might save him...also I so hope litten turns into fire poison but I highly doubt it

esquilo09

I always choose my starters based on the votes of my family. For now my mom voted for Popplio, now I only need more three votes from my other relatives.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Hey, we reached 100 pages!

Anyways, here are my starter choices from past games:

Gen 1- Charmander
Gen 2- Chikorita
Gen 3- Mudkip
Gen 4- Piplup
Gen 5- Oshawott/Snivy
Gen 6- Froakie

Yeah, I'm usually a Water guy. But I'll probably be choosing Litten this gen, which will be good seeing as I've only chosen one Fire starter.

Gabriel Faria

Shall we dance?
I like all three starters, as usual. I'm very unsure on what to choose for my first run. At first I thought Rowlet, then Litten, but now I'm kinda liking Popplio very much, so it will depend on their evolutions.

Why are people so salty that people like Rowlet? Do you really feel the need to have your favourite starter be everyone's favourite to feel valid or something? ¬v¬

Out of curiosity, does anyone think Rowlet or Litten will be the fast one? Personally I'm thinking Rowlet because flying bird and tigers are better known for their sheer strength than their speed :v

Starrke

Fossil Maniac
Going by just the initial forms, I'm inclined to choose Rowlet in spite of the high likelihood that its evolution line will be Grass/Flying.

I'll reserve definitive judgement until the final evolutions are revealed.​

xai

Why are people so salty that people like Rowlet? Do you really feel the need to have your favourite starter be everyone's favourite to feel valid or something? ¬v¬

Out of curiosity, does anyone think Rowlet or Litten will be the fast one? Personally I'm thinking Rowlet because flying bird and tigers are better known for their sheer strength than their speed :v

I really hope that it's rowlet because it needs speed to make up for it's typing! Although they could get around that by giving it gale wings as it's HA, which would be a neat idea and suit it's barn owl theme nicely.

Going by just the initial forms, I'm inclined to choose Rowlet in spite of the high likelihood that its evolution line will be Grass/Flying.

I'll reserve definitive judgement until the final evolutions are revealed.​

It is grass/flying, it says so on the website (and in the trailer I think) :p

Last edited:

Seven of Arcanine

RK9 Unit Trainer
I gotta say, Rowlet is a clear winner for me. But I'll reserve full judgment when I see later evolutions. I felt the same for Turtwig, Tepig, Piplup and Fennekin. But only Turtwig's evolutions actually kept my interest.

I do kinda want to get Litten and name it Jiji, though.

knightwolf09

I'd say Rowlet will be the fastest. If anything, I think it will be the speedy physical attacker, which is useful for it's typing.

I'd say Rowlet will be the fastest. If anything, I think it will be the speedy physical attacker, which is useful for it's typing.

Especially if it gets Leaf Blade (which it likely will because throwing knife quill/leaves) and Brave Bird :D

Swagga09

Hey, we reached 100 pages!

Anyways, here are my starter choices from past games:

Gen 1- Charmander
Gen 2- Chikorita
Gen 3- Mudkip
Gen 4- Piplup
Gen 5- Oshawott/Snivy
Gen 6- Froakie

Yeah, I'm usually a Water guy. But I'll probably be choosing Litten this gen, which will be good seeing as I've only chosen one Fire starter.
Heres mine
Gen1- Charmander
Gen 2- Cyndaquil
GEN 3- Torchic
Gen 4- Chimchar
Gen 5- Snivy
Gen 6- Froakie

More than likely ill choose Litten, but something tells me Rowletts's final evo will be the best stat wise.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

I'm thinking Popplio will be the Speedy starter, given how the website mentions its speed. Along with that, I'm thinking that Rowlet will be more Defensive and Litten a physical attacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.