• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTharne

No it's because just like Rowlet, it was the most appealing design of the three. You had a derpy grass hedgehog-like creature, a derpy water frog, and a cute/cuddly fire fox.

Tell me what you think appeals to the fanbase the most.

No, no and no. For every discussion about new gen, every time people start to ask what starter will you take, the majority is always : "Fire starter duuuh". There is a reason for that.

I also don't see the derpiness in Chespin and Froakie at all. And Rowlet is the starter with the least expression on its face, he's just there with a blank stare into oblivion (and he's gonna kill everyone mwahahahahaha) #TeamRowlet.

Also types I want :
Grass/Flying
Fire/Poison or Fire/Ground
Water/Fairy

Last edited:
No, no and no. For every discussion about new gen, every time people start to ask what starter will you take, the majority is always : "Fire starter duuuh". There is a reason for that.

I also don't see the derpiness in Chespin and Froakie at all. And Rowlet is the starter with the least expression on its face, he's just there with a blank stare into oblivion (and he's gonna kill everyone mwahahahahaha) #TeamRowlet.

You just contradicted yourself by mentioning Rowlett. Look at the poll above the thread. Surprise, it's Rowlet who's winning. Rowlet has overall been the most popular Gen VII Starter pretty much everywhere.

And please, Gen V. Smugleaf was waaaaaaaaaaaaay more popular than Tepig.

B. Thunder Tiger

Ewww, keep that nasty anime trash out mah gams \(ewe)/

Out of curiosity, what typing does everyone want? Not guess, not think, just, want. Mines are Grass/Flying, Fire/Electric, and Water/Fairy 'w'

For me personally:

Rowlet's evos:
Grass/Flying

Litten's evos:
Fire/Rock
Fire/Ground
Fire/Poison
Fire/Dark

Popplion:
Water/Fighting
Water/Fairy
Water/Psychic

Class Zero

We have arrived.
You just contradicted yourself by mentioning Rowlett. Look at the poll above the thread. Surprise, it's Rowlet who's winning. Rowlet has overall been the most popular Gen VII Starter pretty much everywhere.

To be fair, Litten seems to be catching up to Rowlet in the poll..

About the poll though, and this is more to any mods that see this, would it be possible to change it to a format where you can change your answer?
Cos I'd say that the poll right now is possibly not indicative of the voters' current feelings, moreso their initial impression.. it allows no room for a change in opinion.

To be fair, Litten seems to be catching up to Rowlet in the poll..

Litleo isn't necessarily 'catching up' the poll numbers have been rarely consistent so far: Rowlet is most popular, Litten is second most popular, and not so far behind, and Popplio is the least popular and is further behind.

MrTharne

Thing is, Rowlet became a meme in less than 2h, this helps the fame and popularity. And even if we already have 136974 cat based pokemon (and Litleo last gen, I mean come on, Litten better be a tiger), Litten is still number 2 with 1/3+ of the vote, and when I see justification (not necessarily on this forum) it's a lot of "Litten because Fire type". Can't wait for the Sheep Fire Starter, it will be glorious.

Well Gen 5 was weird, all of them were pretty meh in term of reception, even more after final stage reveal (Grass/Dragon where are you ???). Maybe it's because I'm from the french community but people were having much more fun with Tepig and the fact that he's a pig fire type = Bacon.

knightwolf09

Grass/Flying

Fire/Dark, Fire (Still not buying the poison theory, just cause of some oil, or obvious cat stripes)

Water/Fairy (People already don't like it mostly because it looks like a clown, but making it a more nightmare fuel-ish clowns makes people like more? I don't get the world anymore.)

SageofTruth

Greninja Assassin
Grass/Flying (Hard to see the Owl becoming anything else, to be honest, so its hard to want something that doesnt seem possible...Maybe Grass/Psychic, but it depends on the design)
Fire/Poison (Would love a toxic fire cat that's maybe based on the noxious fumes or Sulphur that's spit up by volcanoes as opposed to molten rock)
Water/Fairy (I want a scary looking Water/fairy clown that strikes fear into the hearts of its opponents)

Yes if popplio becomes a fairy type, I would want it to be the first non whimsical and cutesey fairy created. (Note I mean an original design and not a pokemon that was made fairy)

Bus

Also types I want :
Grass/Flying
Fire/Poison or Fire/Ground
Water/Fairy

The fire starter hasn't been in the lead for polls for the last 3 generations. I may not have started commenting and making an account until recently, but I've been here since Generation 4 was being teased and I can you now that even back then the Fire starter was not the 'go to' guy. It wasn't the most liked Gen 5 or 6 either.

EDIT: Should probably clarify a bit lol. I've been lurking since Gen 4 was being Leaked, but I didn't make an account until 2013 and I dont comment too often (as you can tell by my low post count compared to how long I've been here).

Last edited:

Shraeder

It's Lit
The fire starter hasn't been in the lead for polls for the last 3 generations. I may not have started commenting and making an account until recently, but I've been here since Generation 4 was being teased and I can you now that even back then the Fire starter was not the 'go to' guy. It wasn't the most liked Gen 5 or 6 either.

EDIT: Should probably clarify a bit lol. I've been lurking since Gen 4 was being Leaked, but I didn't make an account until 2013 and I dont comment too often (as you can tell by my low post count compared to how long I've been here).

I'm 99% sure Fennekin was leading the polls when X and Y were announced up until the evolutions were revealed.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Fennekin was definitely leading for sure in the early polls. Tepig and chimchar were in the middle, but no fire starter ever has ever been the least popular.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I wonder why everybody thinks Popplio will end up being a clown.

It's more likely it'll stay a performing sea lion and take more inspiration from acrobats rather than clowns.

giu

Has anyone else seen these? A friend of mine posted these as the possible final evolution starter leaks. I'm waiting to confirm where he found these. The first two I wouldn't mind at all if they were the final evolutions, but the third...I really hope it's not the final evolution.

http://deenji.deviantart.com/journal/SUN-MOON-STARTERS-FINAL-STAGE-LEAKED-609320733

Sorry, they are obiously fake, and look terrible, monstruous, in a not good way.
Littlen is the only one ok, but somewhat bland.
Popplio will give me nightmares, is uglier than Jynx and Mr mime. Game freak would never do that for a starter.
Rowlet is something off, seem like it is ghost or dark, and not flying type.

I'm actually one of the small Hawaiian children that bought a copy of S&M when they had that special sale in fir the Japanese trailer.

While I don;t want to spoil the game too much. I can confirm the tying of the starter's final evolutions.

They are all Fire/Fighting.

Why not just pure Fighting? The three of them.

Or... why not pure fire? The three of them? It has been a long time we don't have a pure fire, There's just 11 starters with that type, is sooo original, no problem Littlen became pure fire :rolleyes:

knightwolf09

I wonder why everybody thinks Popplio will end up being a clown.

It's more likely it'll stay a performing sea lion and take more inspiration from acrobats rather than clowns.

It's mostly the big nose, make-up like white snout, and pierrot collar.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Lol the amount of people wanting fairy on everything, it reminds me of old gens when people wanted dragon on every starter.

Steel has been the only big exception starter wise, I sincerely doubt they would slap fairy on a starter, specially after how game breaking it is, psychic perhaps, fighting no doubt about it, dark ain't an issue but fairy is just the new dragon for unrealistic type splashing on starters.

You are telling me that you are pulling an azumarrill tier defensive and offensive typing on a starter? The game is going to be a cakewalk.

I stand with grass flying, fire rock and water fighting as endgame typings.

Lol the amount of people wanting fairy on everything, it reminds me of old gens when people wanted dragon on every starter.

Steel has been the only big exception starter wise, I sincerely doubt they would slap fairy on a starter, specially after how game breaking it is, psychic perhaps, fighting no doubt about it, dark ain't an issue but fairy is just the new dragon for unrealistic type splashing on starters.

You are telling me that you are pulling an azumarrill tier defensive and offensive typing on a starter? The game is going to be a cakewalk.

I stand with grass flying, fire rock and water fighting as endgame typings.

Ah yes, because Fairy is sooooo broken! Please, it doesn't matter what type it is if it doesn't have the stats. And considering it most likely wouldn't get Moonblast, it immediately becomes like, fifty times worse lol.

Master_Tyrell

Ah yes, because Fairy is sooooo broken! Please, it doesn't matter what type it is if it doesn't have the stats. And considering it most likely wouldn't get Moonblast, it immediately becomes like, fifty times worse lol.

Agreed! Fairy is not broken whatsoever and there's many factors that contribute to a Pokémon being incredibly good apart from their typing.

Also, that Azumarril example is not that great considering the attack power it has comes from Huge Power, an ability Popplio will not be having. So yeah, it won't be broken if it does become a Water/Fairy type.

knightwolf09

Only fairy type moves I can see Popps learning are, Baby-Doll Eyes, Crafty Shield, Disarming Voice, Play Rough, and Sweet Kiss. If it could learn Moonblast too, that'd be awesome. I mostly went with these moves because they fit a preforming sea lion.

PsychoIncarnate

Want to point out that by word of the webmaster himself, Serebii, that those leaked types found on the japanese Pokémon Sun and Moon site are highly likely NOT related to the starters at all. According to him, the reason that this is debunked is because of the Ground type being in the wrong order, breaking down the whole theory supposedly. If they were actually true in any form, they would have been listed as Grass, Flying, Fire, Ground, Water, Fighting, not Grass, Flying, Ground, Fire, Water, Fighting.

As such, this also means that Rowlet is very unlikely to drop its Flying and go Grass/Ground based on the types' order of this as people have been speculating for a while. That and Grass/Ground doesn't even make sense for a Burrowing Owl, because these owls can still fly. Burrowing Owls are not land-locked. That said, coming to the debate of Litten, I'm still convinced and have faith that Litten is going to become either a Fire/Rock or Fire/Ground type, all of which is based on my own theory/speculation I posted several pages back, which in turn wasn't based on those typings found on the Japanese site. The latter was just by coincidence.

With these leaked typings being highly unlikely to be related to the Starters at all, I can only guess this means its open season again regarding speculation around the Starters of Sun and Moon. For me, I'm sticking with my theory and speculation regarding Litten.

For anyone who wants to read the exact quote made by Serebii on NeoGAF, here you go - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1216594&page=91

I hate to say this, but it's NOT the wrong order if Rowlett evolves into a Grass/ Ground type

pokemonbw01

Who's the daddy? Me!
I hope that the Ground and Fighting types are not for the starters, but for new eeveelutions instead, which preferably get leaked next month.

Fire/ Dark and Water/ Fairy or Fire/ Poison and Water/ Psychic would make more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.