• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
Rowlet is more of a speedy pokemon than Popplio is. Popplio looks like the kind of pokemon to get slower upon evolution due to gaining size. Rowlet probably gets more speed when it's wings get bigger and is able to use them more often. Litten might be fast as it uses all four legs to run and maybe it stays on all four legs throughout evolution. Legs might get longer so Litten can run even faster.

I think it'd be really cool (and kinda funny) if Litten ended up being the fastest and going a king cheetah route. They already have stripes, they'd just have to make them thicker and blotchier.

Popplio seems kinda like a Special tank, tbh, and I can see Rowlet going more for a glass cannon type of deal (unfortunately. Darn you, Ice types!).

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Well in the Battle Royale with the starters and Pikachu. Pikachu was by far the fastest, even outspeeding Litten. Litten went second, Rowlet third and Popplio was the slowest.

I think Litten will always be the fastest of the 3 just from how much faster it seemed. And I think Rowlet's line will probably stay faster than Popplio's.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Mostly with it being black and tigers arent black.

But they have black stripes. And leopards aren't black either. The stripe pattern seems like a strong indication of a tiger to me. If it were to become a leopard, it would likely have spots instead of stripes.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
I'm now thinking that Litten's final evo will be slim with a lighter frame like the other fast starters, unlike much of the fan art which makes it out to be bulky.

While Popplio's fina evo will be bulkier, while some fan art makes it out to be slimmer.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I'm now thinking that Litten's final evo will be slim with a lighter frame like the other fast starters, unlike much of the fan art which makes it out to be bulky.

While Popplio's fina evo will be bulkier, while some fan art makes it out to be slimmer.

Honestly I don't mind if popplio becomes somewhat bulky as long as it has a fun and unique design, is different from samurott, and is decent in battle with a unique typing.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin f
Litten is my favorite! Mainly because it's a cat though, and I like cats.

Thinking that Rowlet is going to become a bigger owl similar to Noctowl and maintain its Grass/Flying type. I'm thinking Poppolio will go Water/Fairy or just pure Water. I can't really see it as anything else except maybe Ice. Litten I'm thinking will go Fire/Dark or just be pure Fire, but really, I'll be happy with anything that's not Fire/Fighting.

Also hoping Litten's evolutions get better names. :(

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
So I did some calcumalating with the starter's stats in their base forms. I set them all up with neutral natures and 0 EV's.

I compared them to the Popplio from the demo at lvl 8. It seems like Popplio has a good nature, or some EV's. Because it's stat total is higher the the rest.

One thing I did find interesting is that Popplio has the lowest attack of any starter even with the nature/EV's. It also has pretty low speed.

Last edited:

vladimirescu

Why would Rowlet have more bulk than Popplio when we already know that Popplio is the bulky on?
Geez, how many times do I have to say I didn't analyze the demo, I just watched it naturally. For the last time, this was just what I hoped based solely on design and my own preferences, not on the info in the demo. I'd rather see other people guess the stats now.

Remmie

Litten is now officially my favorite starter of all generation. Now, to see if it's evolutions will be awesome or disappointing. Fennekin was going great with Braixen until Delphox came, ruining everything. Hope they won't make the same mistake with Litten. Popplio better has some stylish design, like Dewgong. And Rowlet better be more badass than Noctowl, the other owl pokemon.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Actually, a black variant of Leopards does exist, as do Jaguars. They're alternatively named as Black Panthers:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_panther

Even if it is scientifically a leopard, I'm not sure anyone would call it a leopard if it didn't have the iconic spots. Regardless, the red stripes still basically confirm to me that Litten will evolve into a tiger.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I know this is very unlikely but here goes: If the three starters loses their ability for another in their final forms then I can see the following - Rowlet's final evolution with Thick Fat, Litten's final evolution with Speed Boost and Popplio's final evolution with Rain Dish.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I know this is very unlikely but here goes: If the three starters loses their ability for another in their final forms then I can see the following - Rowlet's final evolution with Thick Fat, Litten's final evolution with Speed Boost and Popplio's final evolution with Rain Dish.

Why would Rowlet get Thick Fat? Owls aren't known for having fat in any way, and nothing about Rowlet's design suggests that it will become fat. Also, Popplio with Rain Dish doesn't really have much of a basis right now either, as it has no "dish" to catch rain in.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.

Yep, not happening, owls have almost no body fat at all.

You must really hate the ice/fire weakness to "wishlist" this.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Rowlet is quite round, so I how mostly wouldn't be surprised if GameFreak took on some creativity and makes it "fat".

Why would Rowlet get Thick Fat? Owls aren't known for having fat in any way, and nothing about Rowlet's design suggests that it will become fat. Also, Popplio with Rain Dish doesn't really have much of a basis right now either, as it has no "dish" to catch rain in.
I don't really think Pokemon like Surskit or Wingull have a dish to catch rain in either.

Last edited:

Master_Tyrell

clbgolden12 said:
I don't really think Pokemon like Surskit or Pelliper have a dish to catch rain in either.

I don't know about Surskit, but Pelipper does have the big beak where it can easily store water.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It doesn't have to look dainty, it can be majestic too, look at Xerneas, it doesn't really come off to me as Fairy, but that deer is majestic as heck.

I personally think that Xerneas is more beautiful than majestic. So if Popplio's final evolved form is anything like that, I'd be slightly miffed honestly. ^^; If it ends up being water/fairy, I just think it would end up looking similar to Delphox as in looking more feminine than masculine.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I don't know about Surskit, but Pelipper does have the big beak where it can easily store water.
Whoops, meant Wingull instead of Pelliper. But I guess that kind of has a water storing beak, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.