• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexterri

I'm just going to keep on hoping they are fake because the sheer amount of dissappointment I got from Litten is beyond words
however I will give my thoughts on these potential fakemon:

Rowlet is cool and interesting
Poppplio is alright. I don't get why everyone hates it tbh? It's a lot nicer then Litten
Litten is horrible. Not only is the design just ugly IMO, but it's a gigantic dissappointment. I'm really sick of both biped fire starters and fire/fighting starters, and I was really hoping that Litten would be a cool quad volcano tiger. But hey, it's not confirmed, so maybe it's fake

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I'm just going to keep on hoping they are fake because the sheer amount of dissappointment I got from Litten is beyond words

Poppplio is alright. I don't get why everyone hates it tbh? It's a lot nicer then Litten
Litten is horrible. Not only is the design just ugly IMO, but it's a gigantic dissappointment. I'm really sick of both biped fire starters and fire/fighting starters, and I was really hoping that Litten would be a cool quad volcano tiger. But hey, it's not confirmed, so maybe it's fake

Popplio just looks bad to me, and nothing I was expecting or wanting it to become.

alexterri

Well it's nothing that I expected either, but I really don't hate it. Maybe it's just because I don't like Popplio?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Well it's nothing that I expected either, but I really don't hate it. Maybe it's just because I don't like Popplio?

Probably why since how I feel about popplio is how the majority feel about the other 2. I love the way popplio looks, but that evolution looks horrible.

.Aerodactyl.

I agree about Litten. I could honestly live with a design I hate if it's at least new if that makes any sense. But if the leaks are real, there is nothing original about Litten's final evolution design, even if it is fire/dark. Obviously my opinion is subjective, so its just my personal feelings. How is it that we have two water starters vaguely based on sea lions, and they can somehow turn out completely different, but the fire starters have vastly different animal inspiration and still end up the same?
Probably why since how I feel about popplio is how the majority feel about the other 2. I love the way popplio looks, but that evolution looks horrible.

See that's my thing though. I don't love Rowlett's evolution, but I don't care so much because it's still "new" and different to me. I know I'm not likely going to love every starter every time. But just the fact that Litten's final design in that concept art is so much the same as past is what makes it so bad to me.

Last edited:

knightwolf09

That euro leaker says it's Fire/Dark.

alexterri

I agree about Litten. I could honestly live with a design I hate if it's at least new if that makes any sense. But if the leaks are real, there is nothing original about Litten's final evolution design, even if it is fire/dark. Obviously my opinion is subjective, so its just my personal feelings. How is it that we have two water starters vaguely based on sea lions, and they can somehow turn out completely different, but the fire starters have vastly different animal inspiration and still end up the same?

YES THIS
I really hope that these leaks are fake, because I want want a unique fire type starter for a change!

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
That's also true about the litten one. Not only does it look bad, but it basically looks like it's almost borderline copy/paste of Emboar. Similar body type, both wrestler based, almost the same colors, and both have a rig of fire on them.

knightwolf09

YES THIS
I really hope that these leaks are fake, because I want want a unique fire type starter for a change!

Well it's not like a volcano tiger is that unique either. We already have Camerupt as a volcano pokemon, and another big cat, would be riding on the coattails of Persian, Liepard, Pyroar, and Solgaleo. If anything, if Litten's evo is real, it's unique among the big cat pokemon.

alexterri

That euro leaker says it's Fire/Dark.

.....but that makes literally no sense. If it's supposed to be a wrestler, and it had that shape and body type, wouldn't it be a fighting type? Why would you make a wrestling Pokemon a dark type?!

knightwolf09

.....but that makes literally no sense. If it's supposed to be a wrestler, and it had that shape and body type, wouldn't it be a fighting type? Why would you make a wrestling Pokemon a dark type?!

The euro leaker says it's a gangster, and they do use wrestling moves to fight sometimes cause they're brutal like that sometimes.

That's also true about the litten one. Not only does it look bad, but it basically looks like it's almost borderline copy/paste of Emboar. Similar body type, both wrestler based, almost the same colors, and both have a rig of fire on them.

Emboar is fatter, Litten is a gangster, most fire types have red and black coloring, and emboar has a beard of fire not a belt.

.Aerodactyl.

Well it's not like a volcano tiger is that unique either. We already have Camerupt as a volcano pokemon, and another big cat, would be riding on the coattails of Persian, Liepard, Pyroar, and Solgaleo. If anything, if Litten's evo is real, it's unique among the big cat pokemon.

But not unique amongst the starters, and this is where it really comes down to opinion. In my opinion, I'd rather a starter not similar to past starters I want the freshness there, I don't care as much if it is more similar to a non starter Pokemon in past. But I can understand how people see it the other way as well.

alexterri

I think you missed the "fire type STARTER"'part of my post
And even then, it's still more unique then a Pokemon that's basically a feline Emboar

rocky505

There are professional wrestlers that use dirty tactics to steal a win, such as low blows or eye pokes while the referee is distracted.

alexterri

Emboar is fatter, Litten is a gangster, most fire types have red and black coloring, and emboar has a beard of fire not a belt.

Okay, but if Litten ends up being a volcano tiger, it could still be different from Pyroar: different colours, the fact that it's a tiger and Pyroar is a lion, no fire mane, different typing, etc.

knightwolf09

I think you missed the "fire type STARTER"'part of my post
And even then, it's still more unique then a Pokemon that's basically a feline Emboar

Oh, I didn't miss that. I think your stuck on the emboar thing because your stuck on the wrestler idea, even though emboar is a sumo wrestler.

Okay, but if Litten ends up being a volcano tiger, it could still be different from Pyroar: different colours, the fact that it's a tiger and Pyroar is a lion, no fire mane, different typing, etc.

IMO a volcano tiger would be kinda boring. And the way you summed it up still sounds like Pyroar with a different skin.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Oh, I didn't miss that. I think your stuck on the emboar thing because your stuck on the wrestler idea, even though emboar is a sumo wrestler. IMO a volcano tiger would be kinda boring.

Different wrestler types, but still both wrestlers, and both of them look bulky and muscular and very similar body shapes. And the colors are way more similar than compared to any other fire starter.

alexterri

Oh, I didn't miss that. I think your stuck on the emboar thing because your stuck on the wrestler idea, even though emboar is a sumo wrestler. IMO a volcano tiger would be kinda boring.
My bad
Okay, that's your opinion. IMO, having yet another biped fire type that's designed off of fighters or wrestlers or whatever is extremely boring.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Put into view of all existing Pokemon, Litten turning out to be a wrestler or volcano bearing creature would be "uncreative".

But I'd prefer the volcano tiger over buff Litten.

knightwolf09

Different wrestler types, but still both wrestlers, and both of them look bulky and muscular and very similar body shapes. And the colors are way more similar than compared to any other fire starter.

Yeah, but the wrestlers you're thinking of are different things. And emboar does not look muscular in the slightest, it's literally fat like an actual pig. Tigers however are pure muscle, it only makes sense that it'd be muscular, and even if it was a regular tiger it was bound to have the same color palette as Emboar anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.