• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I love this rumored final evo for Litten as well. I suppose you can't please people because Delphox was the complete opposite of this rumored Litten evo yet people still turned there nose high and complained.

It's funny you say that as both share a couple of the same complaints, such as taking the direction of their pre-evolved forms to somewhere that wasn't cared for, wasting their potential, and becoming bipedal when there were many options to explore that didn't have to see a locomotion change. So I think it's deeper then how you're making it, something about the direction they took the forms just doesn't click with a lot of people (well, mostly in the west, Japan likes Delphox well enough).

Plus, Delphox breaking the trend is one thing people will give it credit for, even if they don't like its design.

Last edited:

B. Thunder Tiger

Someone on DA knows the artist behind the luchalitten, arrowl, and mermaid concept art. While he doesn't remember the exact original source, he says he does remember seeing it via Instagram and 4Chan. He won't reveal the artist identity, especially now with all the Pokefans discussing them, but he consistently claims that these are definitely fakemons in his comments to other people.

And who is this "someone" that knows these designs are fake? Because if they're fake indeed, the original artist should just come out and say so and end it already, so we can move on for the sake of sanity.

Nuzlocker4Life

So let me get this straight, your going to believe a guy who didn't do the artwork, but also happens to know the artist who for some reason is keeping his identity secret when the artist himself could just end this and prove it's fake? Not only that, he just happens to not remember the original source?

I've contacted him through private message, and he told me he first saw the images via 4Chan and Instagram, but that was over 2 months ago, so he doesn't have the exact link. I'm not exactly sure if he's friends with the artist, but he was under the impression the artist had already outed himself. In any case, he's being respectful of the original artist, and really, he's right to say that it's not his place to reveal the artist responsible--the one responsible should come forward.

I am willing to believe his claims, as he's uploaded luchalitten and arrowl fanart in his fakemon folder. Not only that, but he's consistently telling the same story to others who ask about the origins of the fakes.

I'm also willing to believe the original artist is also enjoying herself/himself in trolling the community, hence why they most likely hasn't come out and revealed who she/he is. This is the Internet after all.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
And who is this "someone" that knows these designs are fake? Because if they're fake indeed, the original artist should just come out and say so and end it already, so we can move on for the sake of sanity.

The person who made that fake n controller leak let it go on for awhile to troll people

knightwolf09

I've contacted him through private message, and he told me he first saw the images via 4Chan and Instagram, but that was over 2 months ago, so he doesn't have the exact link. I'm not exactly sure if he's friends with the artist, but he was under the impression the artist had already outed himself. In any case, he's being respectful of the original artist, and really, he's right to say that it's not his place to reveal the artist responsible--the one responsible should come forward.

I am willing to believe his claims, as he's uploaded luchalitten and arrowl fanart in his fakemon folder. Not only that, but he's consistently telling the same story to others who ask about the origins of the fakes.

I'm also willing to believe the original artist is also enjoying herself/himself in trolling the community, hence why they most likely hasn't come out and revealed who she/he is. This is the Internet after all.

Why? Why take his word for it? He's even more suspicious. And why would the artist want to keep his identity secret. Even some of the fake leakers admitted their fakes before they got out of hand. What is he afraid people will be mad at him or something? People would be relieved.

alexterri

Man, I really hope we get confirmation on whether or not these evos are true or false soon. Having "leaked" final evos where nobody knows if it's fake or not for a long period of time can't be good.

Sakuraba

A claim with no source holds no value. For all we know, he just wants attention and doesn't want to do anything for it. Even if he says the truth, there's no reason to believe it.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher

So, he doesn't remember the source and he doesn't reveal the source because it is not his place to do so.

SKyLineR32

Master Weasel

Agreed. I really have to wonder how far someone is willing to go for the sake of a joke. This has been going on for over a month, for crying out loud. If they're not real, just end the madness already so we can get on with our lives.

Nuzlocker4Life

Let's try to think logically about these leaked "final evolutions" anyways.

Examining past starters and their evolution process, they tend to remain consistent in description. For example, Fennekin's obsession with gnawing on sticks makes sense with regards to its evolutions. Piplup is described as hard to bond with and grows up into Empoleon, which looks like a very well-dressed Pokemon, and is extremely prideful (I'm assuming based on Napoleon Bonaparte). Tepig is a voracious eater and grows a large belly to produce its fire, and Oshawott consistently uses its shells as a tool to fight with as it evolves.

In other words, the starters have key elements stated in their descriptions, which often and consistently follow with them as they evolve into their next stage.

So.

Why would Litten, described to be "logical, passionate, coolheaded and does not show its emotions outwardly", evolve into, what appears to be, a highly aggressive, dirty fighting brute?

Why would Popplio, described to be "frivolous and hard-working, practicing hard on its water balloon skills" and is a skilled acrobatic sea lion to compensate for its poor land speed as opposed to its exceptionally fast movement in water, evolve into an elegant songstress, that has nothing to do with its acrobatic skills and combat water balloons?

About the only one I'd give leeway to is Rowlet, but it is described to be capable of kicking its opponents. It has pretty short legs and small feet at the moment, so I could imagine its legs growing longer, to remain capable of kicking.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Examining past starters and their evolution process, they tend to remain consistent in description. For example, Fennekin's obsession with gnawing on sticks makes sense with regards to its evolutions. Piplup is described as hard to bond with and grows up into Empoleon, which looks like a very well-dressed Pokemon, and is extremely prideful (I'm assuming based on Napoleon Bonaparte). Tepig is a voracious eater and grows a large belly to produce its fire, and Oshawott consistently uses its shells as a tool to fight with as it evolves.

In other words, the starters have key elements stated in their descriptions, which often and consistently follow with them as they evolve into their next stage.

So.

Why would Litten, described to be "logical, passionate, coolheaded and does not show its emotions outwardly", evolve into, what appears to be, a highly aggressive, dirty fighting brute?

Why would Popplio, described to be "frivolous and hard-working, practicing hard on its water balloon skills" and is a skilled acrobatic sea lion to compensate for its poor land speed as opposed to its exceptionally fast movement in water, evolve into an elegant songstress, that has nothing to do with its acrobatic skills and combat water balloons?

About the only one I'd give leeway to is Rowlet, but it is described to be capable of kicking its opponents. It has pretty short legs and small feet at the moment, so I could imagine its legs growing longer, to remain capable of kicking.

Yea I agree. At least even for like fennekin, it going to delphox makes some logical sense. Then again Tepig really didnt at all to Emboar. We'll have to see.

knightwolf09

So.

Litten could lose it's cool as it evolves, seeing how that was an important detail pointed out. It's a literal hot head.

Popplio practices it's skills because he's an entertainer. A singer is also an entertainer and you even see it still uses it's bubbles in the artwork of Entermaid to create a better looking spectacle. And I don't know about you but singers work real hard with their performances especially when it comes to dancing or stage stunts, like an idol.

Rowlet was also described to have good vision, which helps his accuracy in archery. And most archer have to work on stealth to get good shots without being seen, like a sniper.

Last edited:

SKyLineR32

Master Weasel
Just a thought. Recent starters seem to have a theme revolved around them. Gen. 6's starters follow the RPG class theme. Delphox is a mage, Chestnaught is a warrior/knight, and Geninja is a theif/ninja. Looking at the concept art of the "final evolutions" it seems the theme here brains, beauty, and brawn.

Nuzlocker4Life

To me, when I think of a logical, passionate tiger, I immediately think of Shere Khan. But that's just me.

Rowlet could become more capable of blending in with its environment, and walk quietly and swiftly with long legs. Heck, it could throw knives instead of being an archer. In either case, I definitely agree with it being capable of being a great sniper.

Popplio's is still divided in my opinion. I'd rather see it become more acrobatic like the circus animal it is based on. I'm not denying singers putting in hard effort.
But I think there's important emphasis on its ability to snort water balloons as a weapon. Perhaps the water balloons/bubbles become more like cannonballs?

Let's also not forget the alchemic symbolism either. That may or may not play a role in their evolution process as well.

[strike]Btw, isn't Emboar more of a wrestler of some sort? If so, i doubt we'd see a repeat with Litten then.[/strike] Actually, then Gen 5 starters seem to follow a theme of regality.

Last edited:

knightwolf09

Just a thought. Recent starters seem to have a theme revolved around them. Gen. 6's starters follow the RPG class theme. Delphox is a mage, Chestnaught is a warrior/knight, and Geninja is a theif/ninja. Looking at the concept art of the "final evolutions" it seems the theme here brains, beauty, and brawn.

Huh, never thought of it like that.

Nuzlocker4Life

The theme could still become the proposed circus theme, with Rowlet as the ringleader/ringmaster, Litten as the tiger jumping through flaming hoops, and Popplio as the acrobatic clown.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
The 'leaked' evolutions make sense, there's not doubt about that.
Litten not showing its emotions outwardly simply increases the likelyhood of it breaking its cool and just unleashing all of its emotions at once as it evolves. Keeping them bottled up and then exploding.
Popplio's evolution still makes the use of bubbles, and while maybe not as agile as Popplio is, its goal is still to entertain and make performances. Showing that it can go from acrobatics to a songstress of some sort just proves that Popplio is a hard worker and will stop at nothing to entertain, even if it physically cannot do the same things as it used to in its previous forms.
Rowlet has good vision is already shown to attack by throwing sharp leaves, which hints at knives/arrows. The fact that it grows longer legs also supports it kicking abilities.

I really love this theme. :D Was there any confirmation about the generation 6 starters theme, or was it just accepted among fans ? Because I could see many themes going on for these leaked starter evolutions, if they were real. It'd be nice to have some confirmation after their reveal.

Last edited:

knightwolf09

The theme could still become the proposed circus theme, with Rowlet as the ringleader/ringmaster, Litten as the tiger jumping through flaming hoops, and Popplio as the acrobatic clown.

That was still a theory at best. though it did match. But Everlasting has a point, especially with Rowlet cause Robingroot (I'm sticking with the supposed names it makes things easier) looks to be based of a stilt-owl, which have long legs and lived in Hawaii. They're also extinct, which matches the grass starter evolutions.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Yeah, those starter evos are real.

I spoke to the original leaker privately, and they sent me info that proves the leak's validity. I can't remember who the leaker was though they told me who they were. And I will not disclose their identity out of respect. It's the right thing to do with how out of hand things have gotten. I know they are real because the leaker tells anyone who asks that they are indeed real. So please trust me.

That's basically what that earlier scenario looks like. Looks like a load of nonsense, eh?

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
Yeah, those starter evos are real.

I spoke to the original leaker privately, and they sent me info that proves the leak's validity. I can't remember who the leaker was though they told me who they were. And I will not disclose their identity out of respect. It's the right thing to do with how out of hand things have gotten. I know they are real because the leaker tells anyone who asks that they are indeed real. So please trust me.

That's basically what that earlier scenario looks like. Looks like a load of nonsense, eh?

Damn it man, I've been up since 4 in the morning and you actually had me going for a while :v

Status
Not open for further replies.