• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

misunderstoodhero

If the starter leaks are real, I'm switching my starter allegiance from Popplio to Rowlet. Popplio's alleged final form isn't terrible, but I much prefer Rowlet's. Litten's final form I do hate though, I just think it looks dumb and is one of the most awkward transformations into a bipedal Pokemon I've seen, though the second form could help close that gap maybe.

I haven't been following the leaks closely and I don't know how likely they are to be real in the context of other leaked information, but looking at the images I'm leaning towards them being fake. Very good/accurate fakes mind, and I think the creator has done a fantastic job. They build upon the themes we're aware of for the starters whilst also introducing a few completely out there designs and concepts that it's just weird enough to be believable that GameFreak might actually pull something like this on us.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
If these are fake, I would love to see what other things the artist has created.

B. Thunder Tiger

The person who made that fake n controller leak let it go on for awhile to troll people

Oh yeah, I still remember that. The entire forum on NeoGaf for instance was completely put upside down when that got "revealed". Fun times, yet very annoying to the point it began to outstay its welcome.

Just a thought. Recent starters seem to have a theme revolved around them. Gen. 6's starters follow the RPG class theme. Delphox is a mage, Chestnaught is a warrior/knight, and Geninja is a theif/ninja. Looking at the concept art of the "final evolutions" it seems the theme here brains, beauty, and brawn.

Oh nice. I do like the whole Brains, Brawn and Beauty theme you brought up. Never thought about that. It fits. My own assumption was going with a Sports theme based on several types of sports held in the Olympic Games, but that is only if these design sheets were to end up being legit of course.

Last edited:

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I really hope the leak is fake. Yeah, archer Rowlet is kinda cool, but it doesn't make up for the horrifying Litten evo. It's like a joke at this point, we keep getting these beloved quadrupedal Fire starters that stand up and get horrible humanoid evolutions. We would go from snobbish fire cat to a muscle-bound wrestler that shoots fire from its crotch. I refuse to believe that thing is real.

knightwolf09

I really hope the leak is fake. Yeah, archer Rowlet is kinda cool, but it doesn't make up for the horrifying Litten evo. It's like a joke at this point, we keep getting these beloved quadrupedal Fire starters that stand up and get horrible humanoid evolutions. We would go from snobbish fire cat to a muscle-bound wrestler that shoots fire from its crotch. I refuse to believe that thing is real.

From gen 1 to 4 fire starters were based off bipedal animals. It's only on 5 where they started going unatural so I don't see the issue. That and the crotch is your own dirty mind for thinking of that. Shame on you. SHAME!

alexterri

Eh, personally, I think the final evos might be fake simply because they don't seem to match the first evos personalities THAT much.

But really, I think we should just wait untill we get cofirmation. I really hope Gamefreak confirms this soon because it's been a while since the "leaks" showed up

knightwolf09

Eh, personally, I think the final evos might be fake simply because they don't seem to match the first evos personalities THAT much.

But really, I think we should just wait untill we get cofirmation. I really hope Gamefreak confirms this soon because it's been a while since the "leaks" showed up

I doubt they will and they'll just pretend we didn't see. Just like when the 7 pokemon leaked.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
From gen 1 to 4 fire starters were based off bipedal animals. It's only on 5 where they started going unatural so I don't see the issue. That and the crotch is your own dirty mind for thinking of that. Shame on you. SHAME!
You can't tell me that you didn't think about fire crotch when you first saw it. :p

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I think the best we can hope for is the reveal of either Rockruff's evolution, some of the new Pokémon, or the (lack of) Gym Leaders. Either of those would make or break the leak and could be revealed within the next couple months, while the starter evolutions will likely be kept underwraps.

The concept art will still be floating around, but at least this particular rumor would be confirmed or refuted. The best case scenario for the starters would be we get another Popplio situation and they show footage of the other starters' movesets, which could be somewhat telling for their typings and direction like with Disarming Voice.

Minor nitpick, but Badgers/echidnas/whatever the hell Typhlosion is are quadrupleds.

Also, are you really surprised? Reshiram got heat for its crotch feathers, it'd make sense for Litten3 to get heat for its crotchbelt spitting fire. :p

knightwolf09

I think the best we can hope for is the reveal of either Rockruff's evolution, some of the new Pokémon, or the (lack of) Gym Leaders. Either of those would make or break the leak and could be revealed within the next couple months, while the starter evolutions will likely be kept underwraps.

The concept art will still be floating around, but at least this particular rumor would be confirmed or refuted. The best case scenario for the starters would be we get another Popplio situation and they show footage of the other starters' movesets, which could be somewhat telling for their typings and direction like with Disarming Voice.

Minor nitpick, but Badgers/echidnas/whatever the hell Typhlosion is are quadrupleds.

Also, are you really surprised? Reshiram got heat for its crotch feathers, it'd make sense for Litten3 to get heat for its crotchbelt spitting fire. :p

But I think they can stand on their hing legs for short periods.

Macabrelicious

If these are fake, I would love to see what other things the artist has created.

Same! The designs are so well thought out and very true to Gamefreak's current design process. Much more than I've ever seen in fakemon before. For that reason I do cautiously believe in the "leaks".

I'm curious to see this artist do bug and ghost pokemon myself

Crystal Power

It's funny you say that as both share a couple of the same complaints, such as taking the direction of their pre-evolved forms to somewhere that wasn't cared for, wasting their potential, and becoming bipedal when there were many options to explore that didn't have to see a locomotion change. So I think it's deeper then how you're making it, something about the direction they took the forms just doesn't click with a lot of people (well, mostly in the west, Japan likes Delphox well enough).

Plus, Delphox breaking the trend is one thing people will give it credit for, even if they don't like its design.
I suppose I might have generalized the concern a bit, or perhaps I just can't understand all the fuss of another Bipedal starter, Pokemon, and so on. I honestly never went as far to have a gripe on how something stands...

As for the other "deeper" meaning of the evolution line Fennekin had not clicking with people, that's to bad. It's subjective and I'm certain the creator of Delpox intentions was not to make a final evo people would dislike.

I was comparing Delphox and this rumored Litten final evo for it's aesthetics and typing, but if people are concerned about how many legs it stands on then okay.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I'm choosing not to believe these leaks. I'm the kind who waits for official confirmation; I always get suspicious of leaks and don't want to believe incorrect information.

But even if they were the real deal, I'm still choosing Litten. I am a die hard cat maniac and have always chosen the Fire starter since day 1. I am willing to give it a chance even if it turns out to be the unpopular one.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
But I think they can stand on their hing legs for short periods.

Their primary locomotion would still be running on four legs, so they would still be considered quadrupled in that sense.

I suppose I might have generalized the concern a bit, or perhaps I just can't understand all the fuss of another Bipedal starter, Pokemon, and so on. I honestly never went as far to have a gripe on how something stands...

As for the other "deeper" meaning of the evolution line Fennekin had not clicking with people, that's to bad. It's subjective and I'm certain the creator of Delpox intentions was not to make a final evo people would dislike.

I was comparing Delphox and this rumored Litten final evo for it's aesthetics and typing, but if people are concerned about how many legs it stands on then okay.

I was listing it more as one example why they may not like the designs, not the primary reason. I don't think it helped as I know a good amount of people do/did want them to stay on four legs, but it's likely only part of the reason at best for why those designs aren't popular as otherwise those like Charizard and Blaziken wouldn't be popular.

As for why it's something that people want, it's likely because we haven't really had a quadrupled Fire starter, Typhosion is the closest and it gets portrayed on its hind legs in almost all of its artwork and models/sprites. The other two typings on the other hand are more varied with a good amount of variety in their locomotion, movements, and designs compared to the Fire starters, so it makes the latter feel a bit monotonous in that regard. So I think for many, it was a way to help Fennekin and Litten stand out from the bunch and give more variety to the group, though I do think if the designs of their biped forms were seen as overall appealing, they'd still be well receieved regardless (people do like Charizard through Infernape).

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Its disappointing and lazy and unappealing to a lot of people. Tons of people wanted a quadropod panther or tiger or something, not for cute and smug looking litten to turn into roid rage hotheaded walking muscle freak. Same happened with tepig. Basically the same with fennekin but into an ugly witch.

Gizmoa

Its disappointing and lazy and unappealing to a lot of people. Tons of people wanted a quadropod panther or tiger or something, not for cute and smug looking litten to turn into roid rage hotheaded walking muscle freak. Same happened with tepig. Basically the same with fennekin but into an ugly witch.

If the leaks are the ones that I think people are talking about, I don't know how anyone could think those are real short of someone seeing the real ones and then trying to draw them from memory. Nothing about them looks like real concept art from a high budget title.... an indie title maybe, but not a high budget one where you will see black and white sketchy ones all over and then nicely spaced semi finished ones and then singles of fully fleshed out ones. these are blend of messy and finished all packed in too tight, like they had no space to do it properly... Like it doesn't know if it is a character reference sheet or a piece of concept art.

Last edited:

knightwolf09

If the leaks are the ones I think people are talking about, I don't know how anyone could think those are real short of someone seeing the real ones and then trying to draw them from memory. Nothing about them look like real concept art.

How is all that drawn from memory? It looks like concepts to me. Concepts don't have a particular look, that's why their concepts, they're just drawings of the general idea.

I'm opposed to all of that, people only hate it cause their pissed cause it's not a quad fox, which IMHO is very stupid. People are practically ruining for themselves cause they think they know pokemon will always turn out, then bash on it cause it didn't match their personal expectations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.