• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Julia Artemis

So in the leak they are hinting that the starters might get variant evos. That would be cool, and I hope so since I'm not a fan of there. Maybe Popplio's

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Reasons:
-If I do not catch a fighting type Pokemon, I'll choose it since it's artwork shows it will be one.
Actually, the text on the concept art suggests it'll be a Fire/Dark because it fights dirty.

GDK

So in the leak they are hinting that the starters might get variant evos. That would be cool, and I hope so since I'm not a fan of there. Maybe Popplio's

That's another leak altogether.
We have to stop believing everything we see on the net just because one rumour has been confirmed.

knightwolf09

For those who didn't want to believe Litten evo was real and are boxing it right away https://media.giphy.com/media/10hfegXGKVRVNm/giphy.gif

It's okay Litten, I'll stick by you till the end. I've grown to like it actually, and I'm glad my efforts to grow attatched to it weren't in vain.

Looks like Litten is going to get the Popplio treatment now.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
To be honest I'm surprised, this gen we've seemingly had a starter that was the consistent favourite (being mah boi Rowlet) in its first and final stages. I mean last gen Froakie overtook Fennekin and before that, Samurott caught up to Serperior.

Also, betting that 'Entermaid' will get Draining Kiss and Sweet Kiss to represent all those sloppy seal/sea lion kisses that they give eachother and humans.

Litten will be more like emboar...everyone hates it.

Now now yuoke, stop projecting :p

In all seriousness, I've seen Panthster pretty well received, just not as well as Robbinroot and Entermaid are. It's wicked overshadowed.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Now now yuoke, stop projecting :p

In all seriousness, I've seen Panthster pretty well received, just not as well as Robbinroot and Entermaid are. It's wicked overshadowed.

Im not projecting, Ive never seen one person to like Emboar, and so far besides here noone likes roid cat.

Im not projecting, Ive never seen one person to like Emboar, and so far besides here noone likes roid cat.

Some people do like Emboar, it's just that people like you hatemonger over a bunch of pixels and assume no one like it \('w')/

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!

I like Emboar and the Litten evo.

Don't forget that your opinions do not reflect the views of everyone else.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Welp, seems I'm getting Rowlett as my starter now. Going to pick Popplio for my Female trainer run though.

Azhdarcho

I think what I dislike about these starter evolutions is the same thing that I disliked about last gen's: they're all so... weirdly humanoid. It's not just a biped/quadruped thing, 'cause Typhlosion is bipedal, but clearly monstrous, while Greninja is quadrupedal but is styled like a dude crouching. It's like, if they redid Blastoise in the current style, he'd be a ~firefighter-themed turtle~ but he looks like a vaguely turtlish guy with a shell backpack and hose. All I want is a big turtle. It's partly a taste thing, for sure – I don't like humanoid Pokemon – but also that *all three* of them are this way. If I was down on Blaziken for being too human-like, I could choose Swampert or Sceptile instead.

I guess I want my big animal starters back. I want a big tiger or a big owl or a big sea lion.

I like Emboar and the Litten evo.

Don't forget that your opinions do not reflect the views of everyone else.

How many people like Emboar and 'Panthster'? Nunn.

I'll show myself out

Okay, now that we've got a good idea that these starters are real, what's the guesses for types and names? I've seen it tossed around a lot, but honestly, Arrowl is too obvious not to use for one of Rowlet's evolutions. As for Popplio's final Evo, I see something based off of Mermaid, Selkie, or Siren as potential name roots. And I honestly have, no clue for Litten's e-e

But for types, Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark and Water/Fairy are the most likely, at least from my perspective.

Also, anyone else kinds notice how Popplio's final Evo is kinda selkie like? The blue that remains and the lighter blue frills make it look as if it had been peeling Popplio's skin off to become more human-like (the hair and eyelashes, mostly), which I love, especially as a Scotsman because it's a myth originating from around here :p

Sorry if I'm repeating myself or other members, I've completely forgot stuff in my mini hiatus :p

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I'm kind of glad to see the trio confirmed.

Archer Rowlet is my favourite and reaffirms my choice in the bird but Siren Popplio is a viable option too, considering I hated Popplio at his reveal. Another fire/fighting starter, or possibly a pure fire carbon copy of Emboar, is bad though.

Status
Not open for further replies.