• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gliscor&yanmega

On the subject of multiple Starter(And Rockruff) evolutions, I'd be all for that, mainly so I can hopefully get the chance to have a surprise when they evolve, but would also hope for a quadruped Litten final evolution.

knightwolf09

Maybe gamefreak just wants to make sure they hide it since this would be a HUGE deal.

I highly doubt that cause would be highly unnecessary gameplay footage changes just to hide a secret like that. Otherwise, they wouldn't have shown it at all.

Bus

Geez..if those starter final evos are true, then I'd say that Litten evo looks more like Bane than a Wrestler. Although...I guess Bane is modeled after a luchador of some kind. It would be interesting if there are split evos for starters. I'd hate the idea of being stuck with yet another Fire/Fighter...though I have to admit, he is the coolest Fire/Fighting starter I've seen yet. Going with wrestling when Emboar was essentially a wrestler already is a bit annoying. At least this guy looks like the Wrestler class from Disgaea 5.

MartiniTheDratini

Geez..if those starter final evos are true, then I'd say that Litten evo looks more like Bane than a Wrestler. Although...I guess Bane is modeled after a luchador of some kind. It would be interesting if there are split evos for starters. I'd hate the idea of being stuck with yet another Fire/Fighter...though I have to admit, he is the coolest Fire/Fighting starter I've seen yet. Going with wrestling when Emboar was essentially a wrestler already is a bit annoying. At least this guy looks like the Wrestler class from Disgaea 5.

Well, if those leaks are true, despite appearances, Litten's final evo isn't Fire/Fighting, it's Fire/Dark. Some people have said this makes sense, if Litten's final evo is based off a Heel Wrestler, or something like that.

Crystal Power

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to ask if someone can be a sweetheart and update me. Woke up and everything is a blur.. lol. But has those three final evo for the starters been "confirmed" somewhat to be true???

One thing I notice that the trail lady name Mallow is the girl on the Litten3 final evo concept. Geez, wish I could have woken up on time today. @_@

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I'm sorry, I'm going to have to ask if someone can be a sweetheart and update me. Woke up and everything is a blur.. lol. But has those three final evo for the starters been "confirmed" somewhat to be true???

One thing I notice that the trail lady name Mallow is the girl on the Litten3 final evo concept. Geez, wish I could have woken up on time today. @_@

Yes. Mallow, whom appeared in Litten's final evolution art, is confirmed to be a Trial Captain.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer

That's about the gist of it, the resemblance with the Trial Captain is the main reason it seems the leaked images are "confirmed."

Crystal Power

Yes. Mallow, whom appeared in Litten's final evolution art, is confirmed to be a Trial Captain.
That's about the gist of it, the resemblance with the Trial Captain is the main reason it seems the leaked images are "confirmed."
Ah, thank you so much Blair and PkmnFan!

There is a lot of news I woke up too, finally starting to grasp it all. This is all so exciting though.

Robotnikthedrap

To add to the theory of split evolution. The leaked litten we have now could fit into the idea of it being like a alley cat, one that would mug you at night or something. So that could be the moon one, and the day evolution turns into a way more fast looking slim tiger that is quadruped. The popplione one could also maybe be night, it could represent like a glamorous vegas performer or something, that would be at night. The Other one would turn into a way more masculine looking circus one. Rowlet obviously goes on the pun of being a literal nightowl...or like a night hawk that goes around as a assassin. The day time one would be a more natural looking, possibly bulkier owl.

Wonderful idea, Yuoke! Now you're "playing with power", as they say! Though no reasonable basis exists as of yet, split evolution exclusives to Sun or Moon, or even day/night variations, would be a most refreshing phenomenon! Exclusive divergences between sun and moon have yet to manifest themselves; as so, I am most curious still...

Edit: That would most certainly give each version a more distinct atmosphere.
Edit once more: AS LONG AS they are considered 2 separate starter pokemon, and not form variations.

Last edited:

Grey Wind

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Nothing in that post is new, Pokejungle just likes to exaggerate.

We've already seen the evolution screens for the starters, so the possibility of a split evolution is out the window. I guess they could get different forms or something but that feels like a grasp at straws.

Well then what else is the special thing for rockruff and the starters?

Psychic69

We've already seen the evolution screens for the starters, so the possibility of a split evolution is out the window. I guess they could get different forms or something but that feels like a grasp at straws.

The leak that the information comes from specifically states that the two forms (and four forms of Rockruff's evo) share the same Pokedex slot. They might have said that because it's fake and they knew that the Pokedex thing would have exposed it as fake, but... It sure sounds like it leaks the Alola forms, and has the same information as other leaks that came later and were basically confirmed by things like the Alola forms and no gym leaders...

Robotnikthedrap

We'll soon see, no doubt.

As a bit of perspective on "starter evolutions", I personally detested the selection which came along with Kalos, and though I recognized the elegance of their designs, I chose to use none of them. In particular, I felt that Frogadier's quality was compromised by the grotesque and impractical tongue scarf of it's evolution; and yet, Greninja has solidified itself as a cultural icon, in many ways, regardless of my personal opinion.

Likewise, I rather like all of the evolutions this time around, and I feel elated that I had defended their artistic integrity as long as I had. So, when you get down to brass tacks, it's all about personal preference. No need for anyone to berate anyone else's taste in starter evolutions; and that goes for both sides of the issue.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
Thanks to those of you who clarified the leaks for me.

If these starter evos are in fact true and we don't get day/night based evolutions, I am looking forward to naming my Rowlett 'Oliver Queen'. If we do get day/night based evolutions, I can see these being the Day evolutions, while the Night evolutions are more bestial. This would fall in line with mythologies such as the werewolf, which transform into their bestial forms at night.

Grey Wind

I don't know? It could be anything, just because this is plausible doesn't mean it's the only option.

The leak that the information comes from specifically states that the two forms (and four forms of Rockruff's evo) share the same Pokedex slot. They might have said that because it's fake and they knew that the Pokedex thing would have exposed it as fake, but... It sure sounds like it leaks the Alola forms, and has the same information as other leaks that came later and were basically confirmed by things like the Alola forms and no gym leaders...
Oh, I wasn't aware it was explicitly stated as forms, that makes sense with the Pokedex slots then. All the leaks with similar info are getting a little overwhelming lol.

I'd prefer if this was fake tbh. Multiple starter forms and FOUR Rockruff forms seems a little messy.

Last edited:

cmats4020

1470056645249.png

"SHUN THE NON-BELIEVERS! SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!"

I knew those leaks were real! They were just too well-made and thought out to be fake.

Honestly, I'm pleasantly surprised with the final evos. This will be the first time that I'm actually going to struggle choosing which one to pick.

WolfCypher

I posted this on GameFAQs (the message boards that lower your own IQ) in half-jest, and I'll repost it here.

"Great, now everyone is going to name their Rowlet's final form Oliver/Owliver (Green Arrow). I had that nickname planned before these (fake) leaks caught fire.

You people stick to your Blathers and Hoodinis, Owliver is already taken!"

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I really didn't think the concept art would turn out to be real. Very interesting. Fortunately for me, I actually really liked the Rowlet evolution. This is the first time since Sinnoh that I've ended up liking the same starter based on both the base and final stages. In nova I flipped from Sniv to Tepig when evolutions were revealed, and I switched from Chespin to Froakie in Kalos. For once I get to stay with the original one I liked.

I do feel bad for my brother though, because he was a big fan of Popplio, but does not like the evolution at all.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
So the secret of the starters were the Z moves? Very interesting. I would definitely have Rowlet possess the Z move as soon as possible.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
So the secret of the starters were the Z moves? Very interesting. I would definitely have Rowlet possess the Z move as soon as possible.

The Z-Moves aren't their secret. The trailer said that every Pokemon could use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.