• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
How is there "no evidence" when the leaker who told us about

no gyms
Oricorio
New forms for old pokemon
Fat and hairy Yungoos evo
No Synchro Evolution
Bewear and Mimikkyu's names (this one you can't guess at all)

said Rockruff has more than one evo?

Not all of it came true so I am not going to assume that split evolution is legit.

And as I said before, I don't think split evo forms are a big "secret".

Split evo forms for starters would be a "big secret" though. It literally has never happened before. Though I have no idea how that makes Rockruff special... Maybe because it has the same method/condition for evolving with the starters.

Honestly, if they all have split evos, I'm hoping the evos are dependent on the version you are playing (only because it would be a nice way of using the Sun and Moon theme) OR the time of the day.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
How is there "no evidence" when the leaker who told us about

no gyms
Oricorio
New forms for old pokemon
Fat and hairy Yungoos evo
No Synchro Evolution
Bewear and Mimikkyu's names (this one you can't guess at all)

said Rockruff has more than one evo?

Why would it make sense for Z-moves to be a specifically starter pokemon AND Rockruff secret? That actually makes zero sense + sounds like (I don't mean to be dramatic lol) straight-up denial

Split evo forms are unique for starters, it could be a secret
Not really a big secret for Rockruff, though.

Not to mention, didn't CoroCoro say something "the power in their tiny bodies"? Sounds like Z-Moves.

Not all of it came true so I am not going to assume that split evolution is legit.
Wrong leak. The one Macabrelicous described was the Reddit/Bewear leak. The one about split evos is another one.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Wrong leak. The one Macabrelicous described was the Reddit/Bewear leak. The one about split evos is another one.

What is the difference? The one from Reddit/Bewear could be wrong just like others. I do like the idea of starters gaining a split evolution but I doubt it would happen.

I've said this before, but don't get your hopes up for 'split Evos'. They'll be forms at best due to sharing a PokéDex number, and if so the changes will likely be as much as the Alolan Formes, so there's a very little chance of bipedal Litten unless it just looks like 'Panthster' on all fours, granted I could be wrong.

Also, if Z-Moves was the secret, why hasn't Rockruff been shown using one since the reveal?

Gizmoa

I've said this before, but don't get your hopes up for 'split Evos'. They'll be forms at best due to sharing a PokéDex number, and if so the changes will likely be as much as the Alolan Formes, so there's a very little chance of bipedal Litten unless it just looks like 'Panthster' on all fours, granted I could be wrong.

Also, if Z-Moves was the secret, why hasn't Rockruff been shown using one since the reveal?

it could be as simple as using a z move with them changes there form or something.

clbgolden12

What is the difference? The one from Reddit/Bewear could be wrong just like others. I do like the idea of starters gaining a split evolution but I doubt it would happen.
The difference is (among other things) that one mentioned split evos and one didn't.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I doubt Z-Moves would be the secret, it's a mechanic shared with all Pokémon that has the only requirement being that they hold the stone and have a move of the same type. That's not a secret I'd say is inherent to them as it's not special to them at all, if it was the secret, I think they would've been a lot more general.

That's why my belief is that either the secret is Synchro evolution (or what the anime called it, I forgot what someone else said about that) or it's the forms theory that's been going around due to the rumors. Of those two, the latter is implied by a rumor with a good track record for Rockruff at least, so I'd definitely say it's in the cards for that to be the case.

Last edited:

knightwolf09

Cause starters and Pikachu are more important

I doubt Z-Moves would be the secret, it's a mechanic shared with all Pokémon that has the only requirement being that they hold the stone and have a move of the same type. That's not a secret I'd say is inherent to them as it's not special to them at all, if it was the secret, I think they would've been a lot more general.

That's why my belief is that either the secret is Synchro evolution (or what the anime called it, I forgot what someone else said about that) or it's the forms theory that's been going around due to the rumors. Of those two, the latter is implied by a leak with a good track record for Rockruff at least, so I'd definitely say it's in the cards for that to be the case.

Let's face it, this isn't the first time corocoro overhyped certain things. And clbgolden12 is right, it did say "they hold a power in their tiny bodies" maybe they have unique Z-Moves and crystals.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Still doesn't change the fact that both could have false info. Starters could gain new forms though.
But the discussion was about split evos, not leaks legitimacy in general. :S

Anyways, what if the secret was just that they all evolve? :p

Macabrelicious

They have a fat *** resume of correct leaks and nothing has been disproven except they got Alolan Ninetales's type HALF wrong, but they stated that it would get an Alolan Form + that it would be Fairy, so

I feel like it's also easier to mishear or misinterpret or forget that Ninetales is Fire/Fairy instead of Ice/Fairy than Rockruff getting multiple evos; if your source told you "big info big info ninetales gets an ice/fairy type growlithe is water big info big info" you might only remember "ninetales gets a fairy type" and assume a fire/fairy typing. Whereas "rockruff gets more than one evo" is harder to mishear/misinterpret/whatever, comparatively.

And finally, although this possibility is unlikely, if you recolored Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales (models and art) into another warmer color they could easily be Fire/Fairy (unless I'm overlooking something). A development change isn't completely out of the question, although I guess it almost is

I guess that as long as the leaker got something partially wrong they could be wrong about Rockruff's split evo, so skepticism isn't totally out of the question. But I think everything right now points in the direction of Rockruff getting a split evo

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Let's face it, this isn't the first time corocoro overhyped certain things.

Not in terms of mechanics or special Pokémon abilities and forms. They said similar things about forms, Megas, and the like, so I don't think they'd exaggerate their secret to be something that every Pokémon is capable of.

And clbgolden12 is right, it did say "they hold a power in their tiny bodies" maybe they have unique Z-Moves and crystals.

Where did they say that?

Either way, that could just as easily imply forms or Synchro evolution, not just 'special' Z-moves.

knightwolf09

Not in terms of mechanics or special Pokémon abilities and forms. They said similar things about forms, Megas, and the like, so I don't think they'd exaggerate their secret to be something that every Pokémon is capable of.

Where did they say that?

Either way, that could just as easily imply forms or Synchro evolution, not just 'special' Z-moves.

It said it in June's corocoro, bottom left.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
It said it in June's corocoro, bottom left.

Serebii just says that they "hide a secret", so unless that's a different translation, I'm not seeing that on the site.

clbgolden12

The secret is they all get cosplay forms
Sweet, hope I can give my evolved Litten a tuxedo. :p

Serebii just says that they "hide a secret", so unless that's a different translation, I'm not seeing that on the site.
I don't think Serebii said it, but I think a mod said it here on the forums.

it could be as simple as using a z move with them changes there form or something.

I'm pretty sure that the leak said it was forms more akin to Wormadam.

But you know what? I actually really, really like this idea. Maybe this could be what Ash-Greninja is?

Status
Not open for further replies.