• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ABC595

I've never had an issue with that myself, but then again I've never really thought of it I suppose.
I just remember DP (my first gen ^.^) you definitely couldn't capture a starly at full health at the start but after you've better the game it's a simple 1 ball capture all the time.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I still dont know if I buy wimpod being the next feebas, it just doesnt fit.

I think the concept for this time is having a little, timid, Pokémon evolving into a monster and leaving its old persona behind; now fully capable to fight with all of its force instead of fleeing from battles. Magikarp and Feebas were nice, but far too vulnerable to fight.

Tieing it with the original topic, I probably won't use it and just register for Pokédex, as I'm certainly going for Popplio at this time.

baconrules

Ostrich master
I really hope popplio3 has a cry that sounds like it's singing. That'd be weird if it's supposed to be a siren but only makes an irritating digital noise. How awesome would it be if it sang Azura's song from FE fates?

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I really hope popplio3 has a cry that sounds like it's singing. That'd be weird if it's supposed to be a siren but only makes an irritating digital noise. How awesome would it be if it sang Azura's song from FE fates?
Recently Pokémon cries have matched up quite nicely (Salandit's, for example), so I think Popplio3 having a singing like cry is very possible.

As for it singing Azura's song... It'd be nice, as long as it doesn't sing the words. However, I don't think it's very likely.

baconrules

Ostrich master
Recently Pokémon cries have matched up quite nicely (Salandit's, for example), so I think Popplio3 having a singing like cry is very possible.

As for it singing Azura's song... It'd be nice, as long as it doesn't sing the words. However, I don't think it's very likely.
Ha, I know it won't happen. It'd be a pretty cool nod to FE tough!

§¤¥Luke¥¤§

Poke-Trainer
Wimpod is said to be the next generation of Gyarados/Milotic according to HERE. Perhaps, that could work for you.

Oh wow I'd love to have another one of those. both designs are brilliant!

Macabrelicious

Some end up being too superior or inferior to the original ability. Like Delphox with Magician is arguably worse than Blaze.
(Honestly, I'd like for them to change it up and give you starters with HA's or just ditch the Torrent, Blaze, Overgrow thing.)

Magician on Delphox is very fun to use...

Anyways If they ditch Torrent, Blaze, and Overgrow they better reassign new abilities to ALL the previous starters; otherwise, keep the tradition.

clbgolden12

So... Is anyone else thinking about possible signature moves? I'm thinking:

Leaf Arrow: The user repeatedly fires razor sharp arrows made of leaves at the target. Multi-hit move (and/or maybe can't miss), probably Sp. Attack.
Beast Swing (I think this name was actually in the concept): The user traps the target in a swirling vortex of fire, spinning and swinging them around. Could be a move that's power depends on the user's Sp. Attack, but damage reflects on the target's Defense, and could also potientially confuse the target.
Blaring Bubbles (probably need a better name :p): The user contains a beautiful song in a bubble and fires it at the target. Probably a Sp. Attack as well, and can potientially infatuate the target.

Thepowaofhax

Leaf Arrow: The user repeatedly fires razor sharp arrows made of leaves at the target. Multi-hit move (and/or maybe can't miss), probably Sp. Attack.
Beast Swing (I think this name was actually in the concept): The user traps the target in a swirling vortex of fire, spinning and swinging them around. Could be a move that's power depends on the user's Sp. Attack, but damage reflects on the target's Defense, and could also potientially confuse the target.
Blaring Bubbles (probably need a better name :p): The user contains a beautiful song in a bubble and fires it at the target. Probably a Sp. Attack as well, and can potientially infatuate the target.

Probably not, but if we do get something like that for Rowlet, it will be a physical move because Rowlet3 would be shooting sharp projectiles made of leaves, not something in the form of energy, sound, etc. In fact, Litten's move would probably be a physical move as well.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Probably not, but if we do get something like that for Rowlet, it will be a physical move because Rowlet3 would be shooting sharp projectiles made of leaves, not something in the form of energy, sound, etc. In fact, Litten's move would probably be a physical move as well.
I can see the Rowlet thing, but with Litten's the target would still be trapped in a vortex of fire, so I could warrant that with Sp. Attack.

Thepowaofhax

I can see the Rowlet thing, but with Litten's the target would still be trapped in a vortex of fire, so I could warrant that with Sp. Attack.

With it becoming a wrestler, something that is known for brute strength and not magical prowess, it would have to have a physical move for its signature move or the signature move will be useless being used on something with a potentially poor special attack stat.

clbgolden12

With it becoming a wrestler, something that is known for brute strength and not magical prowess, it would have to have a physical move for its signature move or the signature move will be useless being used on something with a potentially poor special attack stat.
Hm, good point. I guess it should be a physical Attack then.

baconrules

Ostrich master

I think pop3 would benefit from losing defenses more. They could be so distracted by the beautiful voice that they lower their defenses and fail to see a deadly follow up attack

clbgolden12

I think pop3 would benefit from losing defenses more. They could be so distracted by the beautiful voice that they lower their defenses and fail to see a deadly follow up attack
That could also be an alternative.

I can also see a Protect like ability for Popplio because of its high defensive stats, maybe like a water version of Spiky Shield.

baconrules

Ostrich master
Eh, that'd be cool too but I like the other one more. It'd be cool if for rowlet's, it was like tri attack and he shot different types of arrows and there is a chance for one of several statuses to come into effect

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think all three starters would evolve at the exact same levels at each other. I kind of prefer it that way because having one evolve earlier than the others seems unfair.

clbgolden12

I think all three starters would evolve at the exact same levels at each other. I kind of prefer it that way because having one evolve earlier than the others seems unfair.
Starters have been evolving at the same levels recently, so I think it'll more than likely happen.

What's really unfair IMO is starters having higher/lower stats than the other ones. I mean, why? :S

Officer Penguin

Lazy Bones

True, but remember Greninja. Higher SpAtk, but its signature offensive move is physical, and even then he's no slouch on that side of the spectrum. Generally, fire starters never seem to have any kind of reliable defense, so I could see them splitting numbers between both offenses with one (probably physical) being higher than the other.

Also, I know it's expecting quite a bit, but we may be in for two signature moves on Lit3. Doubt it though, since the fire attack is most likely a generic display of how he'd fight (might simply just be using fire spin) rather than a new move.

Thepowaofhax

True, but remember Greninja. Higher SpAtk, but its signature offensive move is physical, and even then he's no slouch on that side of the spectrum. Generally, fire starters never seem to have any kind of reliable defense, so I could see them splitting numbers between both offenses with one (probably physical) being higher than the other.
To be fair, Greninja has a base 95 attack, which is completely usable and isn't that much smaller compared to a based 103 special attack. We do not know how Lit3's special attack will be, but likely it will be low due to it being a wrestler.

goodpeople25

The lowest special attack for a fully evolved Fire Fighter is 100. Though the other wrestler(emboar) did have that lowest Satk both normally and relative to it's atk stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.