• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Yeah I don't know why Game Freak can't let one Fire Starter get quad, not sure what there thinking everytime. Why Delphox had so much hate back then.

It has to be intentional at this point. Three gens in a row. People keep hoping for a cool Fire pig/fox/tiger and instead they keep standing up and turning into ugly humanoid things.

knightwolf09

It has to be intentional at this point. Three gens in a row. People keep hoping for a cool Fire pig/fox/tiger and instead they keep standing up and turning into ugly humanoid things.

You say that, yet you have said "Ugly tiger" in you sig.

Anyway, their bipedal to fit what they're based on. Like Emboar is based on the pig from journey of the west (Bidpedal), Delphox is based of a mage and needs hands to hold a wand so bidedal, and now Litten heel wrestler. It's a matter of what they wanted to base it off of, if they wanted it to be just a regular animal, they would make it a regular animal, And that's why I don't get peoples complaints about bipedals. They're just making it fit what they wanted to base it off of.

Muddy120

Muddy Warrior

Let's pray they change it, you know digimon? Tamers specifically, renamons first evolution would be perfect design here for litten's evo line, going for a ninetails sort of line, but no...if these leaks is true. It's going to be some sumo-wreslter freak cat thing...

Anyway, their bipedal to fit what they're based on. Like Emboar is based on the pig from journey of the west (Bidpedal), Delphox is based of a mage and needs hands to hold a wand so bidedal, and now Litten heel wrestler. It's a matter of what they wanted to base it off of, if they wanted it to be just a regular animal, they would make it a regular animal, And that's why I don't get peoples complaints about bipedals. They're just making it fit what they wanted to base it off of.

I respect your opinion and I guess that makes sense, its just that fans have never seen one fire start final evo quadpedal so it was a great oppurtunity so assuming these are real they missed the mark again in our eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:

knightwolf09

Let's pray they change it, you know digimon? Tamers specifically, renamons first evolution would be perfect design here for litten's evo line, going for a ninetails sort of line, but no...if these leaks is true. It's going to be some sumo-wreslter freak cat thing...

You do know kyubiis are foxes right? Plus Litten is a heel wrestler/thug, not a sumo wrestler, cause sumos are fat.

I respect your opinion and I guess that makes sense, its just that fans have never seen one fire start final evo quadpedal so it was a great oppurtunity so assuming these are real they missed the mark again in our eyes.

It only misses the mark in their eyes cause they always expect a regular animal. You'd think they'd learn pokemon aren't just regular animals.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

He has the "ugly tiger" in his sig because it's an essentially confirmed gen 7 Pokémon...

But anyways, they could simply stop making the Fire-starter basis on bipedal things.

Muddy120

Muddy Warrior
You do know kyubiis are foxes right? Plus Litten is a heel wrestler/thug, not a sumo wrestler, cause sumos are fat.

It only misses the mark in their eyes cause they always expect a regular animal. You'd think they'd learn pokemon aren't just regular animals.

Yes I know, I didnt mean fox, I meant a nice quad lion Pokemon like the Sun legendary is, Renaman evo and Ninetails design were first to come to mind is all

Yes I know I just think realism isnt bad for Pokemon either, they dont need to overinnovate all the time and make their creatures unnatural(opinion) from the real world.

knightwolf09

He has the "ugly tiger" in his sig because it's an essentially confirmed gen 7 Pokémon...

But anyways, they could simply stop making the Fire-starter basis on bipedal things.

If you don't want the pokemon to be bland to bland I don't see the problem with basing them off as such. Seriously, being quadraped doesn't make a lick of difference in the long run "But hey at least we have one!" who cares really, and quite frankly that argument really ticks me off everytime I see it. IMHO.

Yes I know, I didnt mean fox, I meant a nice quad lion Pokemon like the Sun legendary is, Renaman evo and Ninetails design were first to come to mind is all

Yes I know I just think realism isnt bad for Pokemon either, they dont need to overinnovate all the time and make their creatures unnatural(opinion) from the real world.

But then people still think Litten is boring for being the third lion pokemon in a row. I'm telling you in this fandom, whether biped or quadraped, they'd never be happy with what they get, there'll always be something for them to complain about, whether is something that's for better or worse. That's why I say it doesn't make a difference and it's a pointless want.

If we wanted just natural animals to play with the games would've just been based off the real world with us using real animals to fight each other, and if you thought PETA hated pokemon before...
Anyway, the unaturalness of pokemon is the best thing about pokemon. They're supposed to be creature form other world with myths and lores behind them. They're supposed to be creatures of wonder. I remember back in the day we never cared about stuff like uniqueness or bipedal creatures. We just had fun with cool monsters.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
If you don't want the pokemon to be bland to bland I don't see the problem with basing them off as such. Seriously, being quadraped doesn't make a lick of difference in the long run "But hey at least we have one!" who cares really, and quite frankly that argument really ticks me off everytime I see it. IMHO.

or some people just think quadopredal designs are better than bipedal?

B. Thunder Tiger

On two legs it still looks unnatural. I dont honestly want to see it quadropedal if it is literally the same design but just on all fours.

If anything, it would get a different body structure to make it fit with four legs, as well get additional features fitting for a four-legged version, but the core design and colors would likely not change to the level of the many four-legged fan arts of Litten's evos you see on the internet. That would require actual split evos, whereas Formes are just a alteration of the original Pokémon's shape and features.

In essence, it wouldn't just go on four legs and that it is, for that would be extremely lazy. There would be more to that. As such, the pictures I just posted were just raw examples that it could potentially work, not really how I expect Litten's Evo to be like to the exact letter.

clbgolden12

They could just base it off of a quadruped creature? Bipedal things aren't the only things in the world that they could be based off.

Muddy120

Muddy Warrior
or some people just think quadopredal designs are better than bipedal?

I dont think this site has a like feature, but if it did I like this post.

Frankly I just think it depends on the Pokemon and all that, creatures like Fennekin and Litten looked like they should be nice quad Pokemon with unique and interesting designs, so when they started standing up with awkward, to decent/good designs it put people off since it was like "Well it could of looked better if it was quad like Arcanine or Ninetails...But oh well too late...we already missed the mark on that one.

Last edited by a moderator:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I never understood the whole 2 legs vs 4 legs argument (other than just preference), as long as the design is good I don't care how many legs it has. Considering how many cats we have that are 4 legged, it shouldn't be surprising that Litten's design tried to differentiate itself from the crowd.

Personally, I like the design for the starters, but if they bother you too much you could always transfer a starter that you do like into the game. :meowthbal

Well it is always preference, but some people just want the starters evolve naturally like they used to and not completely change. Plus the design itself is just bad in my opinion. And honestly obviously anyone can transfer, but I never like to do that. That's why it's disappointing.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I never understood the whole 2 legs vs 4 legs argument (other than just preference), as long as the design is good I don't care how many legs it has.

Our perception of fire starter quality is entirely based on Animal Farm.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I never understood the whole 2 legs vs 4 legs argument (other than just preference), as long as the design is good I don't care how many legs it has. Considering how many cats we have that are 4 legged, it shouldn't be surprising that Litten's design tried to differentiate itself from the crowd.

Personally, I like the design for the starters, but if they bother you too much you could always transfer a starter that you do like into the game. :meowthbal

I agree. I mean, it's not like we don't already have plenty of quadrupedal cats already.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
I happen to like the leaked version of Rowlet's evolution quite a bit.

Yeah I don't know why Game Freak can't let one Fire Starter get quad, not sure what there thinking everytime. Why Delphox had so much hate back then.

Well Typhlosion is a quadruped.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Apparently it doesn't count cause it stands in it's battle animations

In all of its official art work its bipedal too, it's basically never on all fours. Even still though I dont mind typhlosion because it looks like a natural evolution. Litten, fennekin, and tepig dont at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.