• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonels

So basically the "leak" (I'd link to the compiled leak image, but it seems to have been taken down everywhere I look). The "leak" stating that Liiften's official name was "Panthster" was debunked, btw.

I'll say this; I wouldn't be against split Evos/Forms, but at the same time, I'll believe it when I see it. We're 3 weeks away from the next CoroCoro, accounting from that good ole' reliable leakage, and it will give us the big Rockruff reveal, which could lead to some solid speculation as to the nature of the Starters' "secret".

Yes, but I meant that maybe they continuously switch between forms as day and night go by

Yes, but I meant that maybe they continuously switch between forms as day and night go by

I think that could be a bit annoying if you like one form and don't like the other, but that actually makes a lot of sense for Rockruff at least.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

That would be interesting, but impractical. It would force people to play at certain times or manipulate the 3DS clock to use the form they want, or use the form best suited to a particular challenge.

XXD17

Draco rex
What if the secret the starters and rockruff share is that their final evos forms change depending on the day/night cycle? For example panthster could be a face wrestler during the daytime and a heel during the nighttime, while rockruff could be a werewolf during the nighttime and a normal wolf during the daytime.

How would that work for online battling though? If you Build a team around the day form, can you only battle during the day because it will change at night? What if I wanted to use day form litten3, but night form popplio3 on the same team? How would that work out? It's already annoying how we can't use shaymin Sky during the night (when I actually have free time) so they better find a way to "lock" these forms if they are going to go with this...if the forms just go through an aesthetics change, then fine...but that would make them kind of pointless...all in all, the idea is great. However, the implementation will need work...

Last edited:

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator

That would be kind of cool for a Rockruff evolution if it does turn out to be a werewolf. By day it could be more calm and restrained but once night falls it would become increasingly vicious and feral.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
The secret of the starters might not be too big or what we might think it is. It could have been Z moves. If not, then we find out more about them later on.

The secret of the starters might not be too big or what we might think it is. It could have been Z moves. If not, then we find out more about them later on.

1) We would of been told it was the secret
2) We haven't seen Rockruff use a Z Move, which it would have done if it was the secret CoroCoro mentioned.
3) Z Moves aren't exclusive to those four Pokémon and hence aren't their secret.

I'm sticking to my guns and presuming it's Synchro/Bond Phenomena, Rockruff's probably gonna end up a werewolf and the leaked starter evos are all relatively humanoid.

Dragon Pulse

From what we've seen on the Japanese website (the whole Ground and Fighting thing), I'd say Rowlet's two final evolutions will be Grass/Flying and Grass/Ground, Litten's being Fire/Dark and pure Fire, and Popplio being either Water/Fairy or Water/Fighting.

From what we've seen on the Japanese website (the whole Ground and Fighting thing), I'd say Rowlet's two final evolutions will be Grass/Flying and Grass/Ground, Litten's being Fire/Dark and pure Fire, and Popplio being either Water/Fairy or Water/Fighting.

Seeing as none of the leaks indicate the middle forms are different and thus it's the final evos where they branch, I really can't see a prevo that can somehow evolve into 'Entermaid' and a Water/Fighting Type tbh. As hated as it'd be, I wouldn't be surprised if Litten would get Fighting instead and have two Evolutions based off of a face and a heel.

Julia Artemis

I think the secret is most likely day/night variation evos. It's the only thing that makes sense. Them just having Z moves would be a downer as every pokemon seems able to do Z moves. the only question is how different will the variations be and whether they will get different typings with the day/night evos.

lycanadam

Trainer
What if the secret the starters and rockruff share is that their final evos forms change depending on the day/night cycle? For example panthster could be a face wrestler during the daytime and a heel during the nighttime, while rockruff could be a werewolf during the nighttime and a normal wolf during the daytime.

That would be an extreme change but also very awesome. I think it would work best with rockruff more than the starters.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Honestly, given how cryptic CoroCoro has been recently, I wouldn't be surprised if the secret of the starters were just evolutions/Z-Moves. Technically speaking, anything that we don't/didn't know about them would be a "secret".

Tonels

Honestly, given how cryptic CoroCoro has been recently, I wouldn't be surprised if the secret of the starters were just evolutions/Z-Moves. Technically speaking, anything that we don't/didn't know about them would be a "secret".

But corocoro said that they're gonna showcase rockruff's "secret" (yeah, they actually described it as secret) evo next month. This makes me think that at least rockruff's final evo will have two forms, and if it's true that it shares a secret with the starters this might very well be it. It'd be an extreme change though, so I can completely see the secret being something unimportant and the leaked starters being the only ones legit, which doesn't make me mad but I think that they could have done better(especially with litten and popplio).

clbgolden12

But corocoro said that they're gonna showcase rockruff's "secret" (yeah, they actually described it as secret) evo next month.
They may have described it as "secret", but as I said anything that we haven't seen about Rockruff could be considered a secret.

Akashin

They may have described it as "secret", but as I said anything that we haven't seen about Rockruff could be considered a secret.

Had they not already explicitly said that there is a secret that Rockruff and the Starters share, sure.

You're overstating how misleading CoroCoro tends to be.

clbgolden12

Had they not already explicitly said that there is a secret that Rockruff and the Starters share, sure.

You're overstating how misleading CoroCoro tends to be.
Yes, and that secret appears to be some sort of evolution, but there's no guarantee that it's something like multiple evo forms.

Ioneos

old geezer
Iirc, Rockruff is going to be the main Pokemon in the new Sun/Moon manga. I don't think it would be a stretch to say that the "secret" would be something that was designed for the manga, or at least with the manga in mind. So I think this secret will be pretty cool; moreso than just a forme change or branch evolution. I could be totally wrong though and CoroCoro is just hyping up a new series of manga.

Julia Artemis

Iirc, Rockruff is going to be the main Pokemon in the new Sun/Moon manga. I don't think it would be a stretch to say that the "secret" would be something that was designed for the manga, or at least with the manga in mind. So I think this secret will be pretty cool; moreso than just a forme change or branch evolution. I could be totally wrong though and CoroCoro is just hyping up a new series of manga.

So we should find out by the 1st what it will be. Hopefully it's amazing with all this hype around it. Also hoping if the show Rockruff's than they show the starters evos as well.

Ioneos

old geezer
So we should find out by the 1st what it will be. Hopefully it's amazing with all this hype around it. Also hoping if the show Rockruff's than they show the starters evos as well.

A starter evo reveal is unlikely. The final forms have never been revealed before a game's release - last gen they were revealed the day of. That could obviously change this gen, especially with a supposed secret, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Alpacawhisperer

Pokemon master

Wait, are we expecting more info before September even starts, or are you just being hopeful?

Status
Not open for further replies.