• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Yeah, that is true, but I get the feeling we'll see the middle stages in next month's CoroCoro. We got the Kalos Evos in CoroCoro in September 2013, and the Starters share a secret with Rockruff, whose "crazy, oh my God, super secret, just tell us so the speculation will end" Evo is getting revealed in next month's issue. Then again, I could be totally wrong. Either way, we'll be sure in about 3 weeks-ish.

Is the secret Rockruff shares with the starters definitely regarding the evo's though? I know they said they'd reveal Rockruff's "secret evolution" but does that necessarily mean that the evolution is it's "secret?"

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Is the secret Rockruff shares with the starters definitely regarding the evo's though? I know they said they'd reveal Rockruff's "secret evolution" but does that necessarily mean that the evolution is it's "secret?"
I'd assume yes?

What's so "secret" about this evolution is, however, is unknown.

.Aerodactyl.

I'd assume yes, I highly doubt he's hiding TWO secrets on us, one with the starters and the other not. I don't think that this means that the starters necessarily have a secret evolution, but could have something to do with Rockruffs evolution. I'm hoping for two forms for the starters final evolutions, just cause that would be cool, but no proof if it.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
I'd assume yes, I highly doubt he's hiding TWO secrets on us, one with the starters and the other not. I don't think that this means that the starters necessarily have a secret evolution, but could have something to do with Rockruffs evolution. I'm hoping for two forms for the starters final evolutions, just cause that would be cool, but no proof if it.

I don't think it would have to have two secrets for the evolution to not be THE secret. They simply could've picked the adjective "secret" referring to the fact that we don't know what it is yet and it hasn't been revealed. THE secret that it shares with the starters could still be something else.

I'm just thinking about how often CoroCoro says something and something gets lost in translation.

Last edited:

Tonels

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/57-X2dya-G8/maxresdefault.jpg
Do you guys remember this picture of the starters' middle stages I posted earlier in this thread? Some of you say it's fake, but they look very similar to the leaked final stages (the rowlet middle stage even shares its pose with the leaked final one). Fact is, this picture started circulating in may, while the leak with the final stages was posted on june 4th.
Now someone on 4chan says that there's gonna be a trailer on september 1st where they'll be revealed, and that their names are Arrowl, Pyrager and Danselk. What do you think?

Last edited:

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
Do you guys remember this picture of the starters' middle stages I posted earlier in this thread? Some of you say it's fake, but they look very similar to the leaked final stages. Fact is, this picture started circulating in may, while the leak with the final stages was posted on june 4th.
Now someone on 4chan says that there's gonna be a trailer on september 1st where they'll be revealed, and that their names are Arrowl, Pyrager and Danselk. What do you think?

Except only one of them even remotely looks similar to the final stages, Rowlet's and Popplio's are immense stretches. And "Arrowl" has been in multiple "leaks" as the name for Rowlet's final form.

knightwolf09

Do you guys remember this picture of the starters' middle stages I posted earlier in this thread? Some of you say it's fake, but they look very similar to the leaked final stages (the rowlet middle stage even shares its pose with the leaked final one). Fact is, this picture started circulating in may, while the leak with the final stages was posted on june 4th.

The picture you got was done by an artist. Though it's funny how close she was to Litten's evo.

Julia Artemis

It's possible, maybe they'll unveil them with the second stage evolutions. And if they do have variations I can see them showcasing them earlier in that case. But 4Chan information is super unreliable, so who knows

Daisukereds

Here is said 4chan leak : http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/28001767/i-dont-need-to-explain-myself-you-wont-believe-me. Plenty of details. Mega Greninja being the standout for me.. I don't buy it. A lone Mega Gen 6 starter? Even if Greninja is super popular, I don't see GF doing this.. The "Tapu Naene" image does look nice, but not in league with Tapu Koko. It's a rather poor design.. but we'll see the 1st.

EDIT: Tapu Naene image from a "Edvan Souza" guy. Most probably 99% false.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Here is said 4chan leak : http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/28001767/i-dont-need-to-explain-myself-you-wont-believe-me. Plenty of details. Mega Greninja being the standout for me.. I don't buy it.
Ah, saw this leak earlier elsewhere. I honestly like all the information presented (except for the Trial Captains, I hope they hold off on revealing the rest of them), so I'm hoping real, but given it's from 4Chan and starts off with a statement essentially saying "IDC if you don't believe me" (among other minor things), it's probably fake.

Akashin

Here is said 4chan leak : http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/28001767/i-dont-need-to-explain-myself-you-wont-believe-me. Plenty of details. Mega Greninja being the standout for me.. I don't buy it. A lone Mega Gen 6 starter? Even if Greninja is super popular, I don't see GF doing this.. The "Tapu Naene" image does look nice, but not in league with Tapu Koko. It's a rather poor design.. but we'll see the 1st.

Putting aside how probably fake all of that is, regarding the bolded, you do realize Mega Blaziken predates Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert, right? Giving the fan favourite a bone first with the intention of letting the others play catch up later is exactly something they've already done. Charizard getting more love over Venusaur and Blastoise is a thing too, for that matter.

To say nothing of the fact that, whether Greninja gets a Mega or in-game Ash Greninja, it's pulling ahead of the other two either way.

I have to agree that the, "Idc if you believe me," line is the breaking point for me. It's become the easy way of saying, "I'm clearly not making any effort to garner attention, even though I obviously am, so you might as well believe what I'm saying."

Last edited:

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
has anything more come from the guy who leaked the starter final evos? The one everyone is assuming is correct because of the girl, with wrestler tiger, archer owl, and mermaid seal?

Kennith

Banned
Popplio's evolutions probably won't be for me to be honest. Considering that the final form of the leak looks too feminine.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Yep, probably fake. There's also the inclusion on Alolan Spearow, but we saw standard Spearow in a cutscene with Tapu Koko, so that is rather unlikely.

Last edited:

League

Master Abra Catcher

Yep, probably fake. There's also the inclosion on Alolan Spearow, but we saw standard Spearow in a cutscene with Tapu Koko, so that is rather unlikely.
Of all these supposed pitfalls the only point that would seem to be especially weak is the one regarding "Tapu Naene".

For one, we already do have an odd and lone Greninja form, namely, an "Ash-Greninja" in the anime, TCG, Shuffle, and Picross with no equivalent had by either Chesnaught and Delphox; as well, there is at least one regular Meowth in Alola, as the pc's mom seems to possess one, though, of course, that could be the proverbial "exception that proves the rule", who knows.

The currently still-most-credible leaks do not assert that all pokemon that receive an Alolan form do so to the exclusion of the appearance of the old forms, they only assert that some forms of some pokemon will be unachievable without Bank.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Of all these supposed pitfalls the only point that would seem to be especially weak is the one regarding "Tapu Naene".

For one, we already do have an odd and lone Greninja form, namely, an "Ash-Greninja" in the anime, TCG, Shuffle, and Picross with no equivalent had by either Chesnaught and Delphox; as well, there is at least one regular Meowth in Alola, as the pc's mom seems to possess one, though, of course, that could be the proverbial "exception that proves the rule", who knows.

The currently still-most-credible leaks do not assert that all pokemon that receive an Alolan form do so to the exclusion of the appearance of the old forms, they only assert that some forms of some pokemon will be unachievable without Bank.

The whole point of Regional Variants is that they developed differently in one region than they did in others, so it's fair to say that non-Alolan variants of Pokemon with Alola Forms will be saved for Bank, post game areas, Gift Pokemon, in-game trades, etc., and will not be found in the wild during the main story (unless the version exclusive Alola Forms idea pans out).

Still, we can't be sure. As I mentioned, there could be some Pokemon who only get an Alola Form in one version and not the other, or GF could just be using the normal forms of Pokemon as place holders until they're ready to reveal their Alola Forms.

As for your Mom's Meowth, the game starts with you just having moved to Alola, so her having a normal Meowth isn't surprising, and does indeed appear to be the exception that proves the rule

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur

Oh god I hope these are real. Everything about it sounds amazing. Even some love for my boy Gigalith! Gen 5 really needs more Megas. And an Alolan form spawning a new Mega is a really cool idea.

The pic is likely fake, but that doesn't necessarily discredit the info. In classic 4chan style, "pic unrelated".

Also, I have been hoping along with many others that just because a Poke appears in a trailer doesn't mean it can't have an Alola form, because most are staged battles not necessarily happening within the storyline. This could easily allow for an Alolan Fearow. Also, this generally agrees with a lot of the more promising leaks that predicted things like Pyukumuku.

Last edited:

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Now watch me whip, now watch me Tapu Naene

Some good stuff in that leak, the idea of an Alolan Form getting a Mega, when its normal form already also has one, is an interesting idea...

Bariokie

rock dog

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
PAPRIKA?
What now? Tomato? Let's throw in pickles and cheese too, why not?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Status
Not open for further replies.