• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I'm new here, so I'm a bit nervous, but let me begin. Here goes...

Rowlett looks so cute, but since I normally choose the Water-type starter, I'm going to have to look out for this guy; especially if it evolves into its supposed final form. It's nice that it gets two types from the start like Bulbasaur. If only it didn't have so many weaknesses...
Me being a cat person, I actually like Litten more than Rowlett. I just hope it doesn't get Fire/Fighting typing when it evolves into its supposed final form... Me-owch...
I just love Popplio! Again, I normally choose the Water-type starter, and if it does evolve into its supposed final form, then I am not missing out on Water/Fairy typing. If that is Popplio's final evolved form, then I may have found someone for my favorite Pokémon...;260;
Welcome! No need to be nervous, you've already scored points in my book for being a fellow Swampert fan. :p

Colton S

Beware Bewear
I've really warmed up (pun intended) to Litten3. I really like the tiger-themes that it has going on and it is probably my favorite leaked evolution.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Different forms would mean people get quadpedal litten3 and gender neutral poplio3

that really wouldn't mean anything other than they get different forms. it could be major changes like rotom, or minor changes like vivillon.

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
Potential nicknames for the starters:

Rowlet line

- Oliver;
- Queen;
- Robin;
- Robyn.

Litten line

- Remi;
- Tony;
- Khan;
- Cena.

Popplio line

- Aurora;
- Sirena;
- Ariel;
- Blanche.

B. Thunder Tiger

Litten line

- Remi;
- Tony;
- Khan;
- Cena.

You forgot one. Dwayne, taken from the currently highest paid wrestler and Hollywood actor Dwayne Johnson, a.k.a the Rock :D. Would be even more fitting if one of Litten's alternate evos/formes (if true) was part Rock-type. :)

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Obsidian jaguar Named Dwayne if male or Ix'Kal if female would be great, I hope tiger Tony does become a rock type, but it might just be fighting or dark if we go by the highest credibility leak.

Rhynox

This is way too early, but what do you guys think would be a good partner for the starter you're gonna pick? I'm picking rowlett, like most people, and of all the pokes revealed so far rockruff would probably complement his type the best. Here's hoping they both end up being good competitively. Not to be that guy but I have a way easier time liking pokes that are strong

Julia Artemis

This is way too early, but what do you guys think would be a good partner for the starter you're gonna pick? I'm picking rowlett, like most people, and of all the pokes revealed so far rockruff would probably complement his type the best. Here's hoping they both end up being good competitively. Not to be that guy but I have a way easier time liking pokes that are strong

Popolio obviously! It's bubble attacks will be amazing, hopefully it will learn a new bubble specialty attack that will be devastating, plus it potentially being a Fairy will make it a special attacking monster. Also Rockruff will probably be more of a physical attacker so they'd work well together!

2dtyplosion

The way Rockruff is being pushed makes me feel like Kukui may give you a Rockruff. (Z bracelet kind of looks like Rockruffs collar.) Maybe instead of a gen 1 starter like in x and y.

B. Thunder Tiger

Obsidian jaguar Named Dwayne if male or Ix'Kal if female would be great, I hope tiger Tony does become a rock type, but it might just be fighting or dark if we go by the highest credibility leak.

Possible yes. But I also chose the name "Dwayne" mainly because it means "Little Black/Dark One", which ironically fits with Litten and its Evo's dark/black color scheme.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur

Rowlet line

- Oliver;
- Queen;
- Robin;
- Robyn.

Litten line

- Remi;
- Tony;
- Khan;
- Cena.

Popplio line

- Aurora;
- Sirena;
- Ariel;
- Blanche.
These are some great ideas. If they don't go with an offical name that incoporates Robin Hood somehow, I may well call mine Robin. When I eventually get Litten, I think T'Challa would be pretty fitting name :)

You forgot one. Dwayne, taken from the currently highest paid wrestler and Hollywood actor Dwayne Johnson, a.k.a the Rock :D. Would be even more fitting if one of Litten's alternate evos/formes (if true) was part Rock-type. :)
We need to start a petition for a Rock-type gym leader called Dwayne, nickname The Golem. He would be best buds with Crasher Wake XD

I hope Litten's shiny form is more like a black panther. That would be awesome. Or bright orange so we can go full Tony XD

Erron Black

The Outlaw
When I eventually get Litten, I think T'Challa would be pretty fitting name :)

how dare you steal my name

Jokes aside, I plan on naming my starters:

Rowlet: Arrow/Oliver (Male, main character from Arrow) Shado (Female, female archer from Arrow)

Litten: T'Challa (Male, Marvel's 'The Black Panther') --- (Unsure about a nickname for a female Litten :/ )

Popplio: Triton (Male, Ariel's father in The Little Mermaid) Lorelei (Female, Asgardian 'Witch' who brainwashed men to do her bidding through her voice/touch.)

Last edited:

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
The only nickname that I can actually know off the top of my head is for Litten's line, which is weird as I don't even plan on using it at first.

But anyway, the name I'd pick for it would be Maui. Because Hawaii and the movie Moana. In which Maui is also coincidentally Dwayne The Rock Johnson, bringing it back to The Rock, oh yeah.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Since I'm oh-so creative with nicknames, I might name my Litten "Blaze" or something.

If I feel a little referencey, I might name it "Chat Noir" or something (even though it's a tiger, but smeh).

Sakuraba

Since I'm oh-so creative with nicknames, I might name my Litten "Blaze" or something.

If I feel a little referencey, I might name it "Chat Noir" or something (even though it's a tiger, but smeh).

It would go great with an A-Meowth named Plagg.

But personally, I'll wait for the species name to keep my naming pattern.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
For my potential nicknames for the Alola starters:

Rowlet

-Hedwig
-Robin
-Artemis
-Gaebora

Litten

-Jibanyan (couldn't resist)
-Red J
-Garet
Can't think of any good female names if the wrestler evo becomes a thing, Panthera maybe?

Popplio

-Demyx
-Ariel
-Poseidon
-Azul

Last edited:

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Thinking of naming my Rowlet/'Arrowl' (as I have taken to calling it recently) Orion, or maybe Sagittarius. Haven't really thought of anything for the other two though - haven't really needed to since I only pick one starter per gen (with the obvious exception of Black and Black 2).

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
how dare you steal my name

Jokes aside, I plan on naming my starters:

Rowlet: Arrow/Oliver (Male, main character from Arrow) Shado (Female, female archer from Arrow)

Litten: T'Challa (Male, Marvel's 'The Black Panther') --- (Unsure about a nickname for a female Litten :/ )

Popplio: Triton (Male, Ariel's father in The Little Mermaid) Lorelei (Female, Asgardian 'Witch' who brainwashed men to do her bidding through her voice/touch.)

assuming the leaked starters are true,

how about you rearange that last one to popplio: L'oreal :D

and I think the name for litten3 that's been thrown around, liften, would be a fun nickname too.

but I'm still planning on naming my rowlet Halt after a character from a book series.

Creyk

This discussion about the names is interesting. I always give my pokemon nicknames, but I think I shouldn't this time around, so that I can learn their names. For pokemon after gen 5, I'm somewhat rusty with their names or it's hard to remember and it's a little bothersome :( If I used their pokemon names I'd remember them better for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.