• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gliscor&yanmega

If we do get the middle staged wonder if they will get the secondary typing or still remain pure

Besides Rowlett, hopefully the other two will get their secondary type revealed, mainly just to know what to expect. But I wouldn't be surprised if they stay pure until the final evolution.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
You say that though, even if one is drastically different from the final forms in the leak, it doesn't necessarily disprove it. Seeing as drastic changes have happened before with the Starters.

Namely Dewott -> Samurott

You are right.

Middle evos aren't make or break since they can look totally different than the final evolution.

That being said I'll be keeping an eye out for that potential Popplio evolution reveal. I feel thats the most make or break considering it needs to become more "feminine". It really needs to pull a Braixen in order for me to be like yeah, the Selkie/Mermaid is real but as of now I don't see it.

UNLESS split evo's based on gender are a thing which maybe? since we still don't know what that secret is.

Also a bulky chubby owl all of a sudden become this streamlined archer, bulky mons usually stay bulky.

Of course we don't know if Rowlet is the bulky one but it is a safe assumption.

We at least know Popplio speedy to a certain degree.

Last edited:

goodpeople25

You say that though, even if one is drastically different from the final forms in the leak, it doesn't necessarily disprove it. Seeing as drastic changes have happened before with the Starters.

Namely Dewott -> Samurott
That's more proportions and colour scheme though. If samurott or dewott had no shell/weapon theme whatsoever for instance that would set more of a precedent.

DSDark

Breeder
To me, the middle stages tend to look more like bigger versions of the basic form than smaller versions of the final form.

Although Braxien is much more like Delphox then Fennekin

topher4167

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If we do get the middle staged wonder if they will get the secondary typing or still remain pure

I would assume they don't get their secondary typings. In XY, starters didn't gain extra types until their third evio. Then again, Rowlet already breaks that mold, so who knows. I certainly hope we get some info about start evos tomorrow though!

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
So a fat owl or a fat seal end the leaks streak?

Let's hope for a cat with boxing gloves to stop tiger Tony supremacy.

topher4167

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Somehow I want the leak to be fake and real at that same time XD. I love Rowlet and Popplio's evos, just not Litten's. Why do we need another bipedal and possibly Fighting type fire starter?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

I wouldn't even say fat mid evos could debunk the concepts, given Quilladin to Chestnaught is a thing.

goodpeople25

Depends on the type of fat really, but I would say starters that end up as a heel wrestler and a singer/mermaid have a lot less reason to be round shaped/fat then bulk up (though still wide because of it's armour) then the chesnut combined with spiky and armoured mammals.

Julia Artemis

Looking back at the archives it's a good bet we should get the starter evos this month. Every game going back to Diamond and Pearl have revealed them so I think it's a safe bet.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Looking back at the archives it's a good bet we should get the starter evos this month. Every game going back to Diamond and Pearl have revealed them so I think it's a safe bet.

Actually, the Starter Evos weren't revealed pre-DP, but they were for Gens 5 & 6, so it's still a safe bet.

I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you guys. Not to be a pessimist but to expect starter evolutions from this direct is a dream. I mean as far as I know there isn't any confirmation of sun and moon news and the only reason why people are suggesting starter Evos is because the French Twitter asked a totally ambiguous question on the subject. It's really grasping straws IMO.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you guys. Not to be a pessimist but to expect starter evolutions from this direct is a dream. I mean as far as I know there isn't any confirmation of sun and moon news and the only reason why people are suggesting starter Evos is because the French Twitter asked a totally ambiguous question on the subject. It's really grasping straws IMO.

I'm leaning more towards them being revealed in CoroCoro myself, but I've been thinking that since before the French Tweet. It just happens to line up with the reveal of Rockruff's "Secret" Evo (after CoroCoro already reported that it and the Starters share a secret) and the fact that it was in CoroCoro in September 2013 that the Kalos Starter Evos were revealed, so another September reveal (and, like I said, probably in CoroCoro) doesn't seem too Farfetch'd. Still, I wouldn't put it past TPCI to throw us a curveball and include them in the Direct trailer, but I'm not holding my breath either.

Creyk

Well we will know soon enough
However, it is time for them to finally be revealed. If not now, next month.

clbgolden12

There's no confirmation of Sun and Moon during the Direct, but they're arguably the biggest games coming out this year for the 3DS, so it'd be crazy not to show them. Combine that with the fact that we haven't had any announcement for a trailer on the first as usual, while this Direct is placed conviently on the date, Sun and Moon seems more than likely to appear. It's certainly not straw grasping.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
There's no confirmation of Sun and Moon during the Direct, but they're arguably the biggest games coming out this year for the 3DS, so it'd be crazy not to show them. Combine that with the fact that we haven't had any announcement for a trailer on the first as usual, while this Direct is placed conviently on the date, Sun and Moon seems more than likely to appear. It's certainly not straw grasping.

Well that Direct was extremely disappointing.

Revealing the middle evo's would have been cool but looks like we will have to wait for corocoro, and even then it's not a guarantee.

clbgolden12

I'm willing to bet all my Coke bottles that Rockruff's and the starter's secret is their Z-Moves. Just seems too obvious at this point.

Relax

I'm willing to bet all my Coke bottles that Rockruff's and the starter's secret is their Z-Moves. Just seems too obvious at this point.

Really doub that tbh, secret sounds way bigger then that. Also it has been said that the rockruff and the starter have that secret. so it can't be just Z-moves because a lot of pokemon have those.

gliscor&yanmega

Well that Direct was extremely disappointing.

Revealing the middle evo's would have been cool but looks like we will have to wait for corocoro, and even then it's not a guarantee.

There is more news coming on the 6th, could reveal them then.

Status
Not open for further replies.