• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I think Popplio3 is basically a pop singer.

Harasho Popplio? OK if that is the inspiration for Popplio along the Selkie, well I'm happy about this still not satisfied about the lack of a badass seal/sea lion, but satisfied that this thing is within the concept of something purely Japanese as an idol.

john90

I think the starters are simply based on show business. Popplio may look like a clown but going from a performer to a singer performer is not that huge changement imo. A singing mermaid is always an attraction, something made for entertainement, you can't deny it. Same with wrestler and Robin Hood cartoon

BlitzGirl41

I think the starters are simply based on show business. Popplio may look like a clown but going from a performer to a singer performer is not that huge changement imo. A singing mermaid is always an attraction, something made for entertainement, you can't deny it. Same with wrestler and Robin Hood cartoon

This last part is something I really hope is not true. Rowlett is the only one of the Starters here that I genuinely like, and if it ends up being based off of a fictional character from English folklore that I'm not even interested in, my head's going to explode. It's bad enough that a name people have unofficially given its final evo is "Robinhoot". We will just have to wait and see, sadly... I'm not jumping to any conclusions about the starters, but I at the very least hope that Rowlett can be respectable and awesome in the end, however that ends up. :(

.Aerodactyl.

This last part is something I really hope is not true. Rowlett is the only one of the Starters here that I genuinely like, and if it ends up being based off of a fictional character from English folklore that I'm not even interested in, my head's going to explode. It's bad enough that a name people have unofficially given its final evo is "Robinhoot". We will just have to wait and see, sadly... I'm not jumping to any conclusions about the starters, but I at the very least hope that Rowlett can be respectable and awesome in the end, however that ends up. :(

I wouldn't worry too much! An archer is a really basic inspiration, I don't think, even if not was slightly based on Robin Hood, there is a strong indication of it in the design. It's an archer, and if it's Robin Hood, they really only took the archery aspect strongly.

When are we getting more news?

A video is being released on the 14th, and coro coro is released on the 15th (but could leak anytime between the 10th-14th...most likely no sooner than the 12th though). The both have news in them. We don't know what the video will have, how much if anything will be new. We know Coro coro is supposed to have a poster of Rockruff's "secret" evolution but we don't know what/if anything else will be in it.

Last edited:

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Just call him Robin Groot or play homage to the iron giant I am superman moment, technically it's the same voice actor.

BlitzGirl41

Just call him Robin Groot or play homage to the iron giant I am superman moment, technically it's the same voice actor.

Not to go off topic, but... *MIND IMPLOSION* I forgot both were Vin Diesel!! XD

But overall, I don't mind an archery theme for Rowlett's evos, if that's how it ends up being. Just the idea of a Robin Hood theme makes me nervous.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Not to go off topic, but... *MIND IMPLOSION* I forgot both were Vin Diesel!! XD

But overall, I don't mind an archery theme for Rowlett's evos, if that's how it ends up being. Just the idea of a Robin Hood theme makes me nervous.
It barely even looks like how Robin Hood is (typically) depicted, so I wouldn't worry.

Orphalesion

This last part is something I really hope is not true. Rowlett is the only one of the Starters here that I genuinely like, and if it ends up being based off of a fictional character from English folklore that I'm not even interested in, my head's going to explode.

Why is it so important that Robin Hood originates from English/British folklore? That's like if someone didn't like Popplio3 because its based on a Danish (Dutch? I tend to mix those two countries up) fairytale.
I hope I'm misinterpreting you here and you just meant you don't like Robin Hood, in which case I can understand. I find it pretty frustrating that there is no established Robin Hood legend, just loosely connected traditions and ballads.

However I must agree that I don't like Rowlet3 that much either...the hood and wooden glasses simply look a bit too silly for me.

Last edited:

BlitzGirl41

Why is it so important that Robin Hood originates from English/British folklore? That's like if someone didn't like Popplio3 because its based on a Danish (Dutch? I tend to mix those two countries up) fairytale.
I hope I'm misinterpreting you here.

However I must agree that I don't like Rowlet3 that much either...the hood and wooden glasses simply look a bit too silly for me.

Oh, I actually like that artwork of it, I though that it looked really bad-***. I just am not into the name that people have been throwing around, insinuating that it's a Robin Hood-esque influence. The fact that that art shows an owl Pokemon with a hood makes me think of a Fakemon I once came up with called "Mysticowl" that was Flying/Psychic and looked as if it was wearing hooded robes ("mystic" + "owl" but you can also get "cowl" from it's name ;) ). But, of course, I am not going to make any assumptions until the games are released or GF or CoroCoro officially reveal the other stages of the starters.

Orphalesion

Oh, I actually like that artwork of it, I though that it looked really bad-***. I just am not into the name that people have been throwing around, insinuating that it's a Robin Hood-esque influence. The fact that that art shows an owl Pokemon with a hood makes me think of a Fakemon I once came up with called "Mysticowl" that was Flying/Psychic and looked as if it was wearing hooded robes ("mystic" + "owl" but you can also get "cowl" from it's name ;) ). But, of course, I am not going to make any assumptions until the games are released or GF or CoroCoro officially reveal the other stages of the starters.

Ah no worries then :) Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of internet nicknames either. I'm always glad when the real names of pokemon are revealed.

BlitzGirl41

Ah no worries then :) Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of internet nicknames either. I'm always glad when the real names of pokemon are revealed.

"Liften" and "Poppliovely" crack me up, however. I just take Rowlett too seriously since it's my favorite of the starters so far.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I don't like the hood and glasses too much either but compared to litten evo' steroid muscles and balloon hands it looks great.

R_N

I don't like the hood and glasses too much either but compared to litten evo' steroid muscles and balloon hands it looks great.

owlett3's glasses & hoodie made me love him
its so goofy and i can only imagine all the little idle animations and pokemonamie stuff

J.J. Knight

We should be getting the second evolutions of the starters sometime this month. With Corocoro leaking any day now and more Pokemon Sun and Moon news coming out on the 14th, think we're finally going to get the evolutions of the starters? The Kalos Evolutions were revealed in September before X/Y was released.

Gh0st Ninja

Ninja Expert
owlett3's glasses & hoodie made me love him
its so goofy and i can only imagine all the little idle animations and pokemonamie stuff

I don't really see the glasses on Rowlet3 that other people seem to see. Just looks like typical markings around the eyes to me. The hood however, is probably a major reason he is so cool to me. I'm a sucker for hooded characters. In fact if a certain leak pans out and Rockruff ends up having somewhat of a cowl, I may go for a hooded/disguised theme for my team. Rowlet, Rockruff, Salandit, Mimikyu, with the other two spots to be decided.

Every month there is someone who claims to have a hunch or theory that we will get starter Evos. Just don't get your hopes up, we might be pleasantly surprised, we might not.

aerial_ace

It would be quite funny if those leaked starter evos turned out to be fake because mostly everyone, after Mallow reveal, assume these are our final evos( myself included).
If these are true then i will beover the moon( pun not intended) Rowlett3 is so awesome with archer theme with flying typing this is a no brainer for me who i will pick as my starter ;) depending on the moveset this actually might be my second favourite final grass evo( sceptile is obvs no 1 and no pokemon will ever dethrone it i dont think ;)
Litten final evo is alright i would prefer it to stay quadrupedal and be more sleak in design but this design is not bad. But i swear to god if this turns out to be part fighting i will never use this thing , still hoping it will get dark as secondary.
Poplio3 is the biggest suprise for me. I was not expecting goofy little sea lio to go this route. To be honest i hated this design when i first saw it but it grew on me. Its very majestic looking and it's a nice change from generally masculine looking starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.