• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orphalesion

If it is version exclusive evolutions and Entermaid is Sun exclusive I'm gonna have to really rethink getting Moon D:

Same here, i might have to choose my version based on the Mermaid's availability, becuase I have my heart set on it, especially if it is Water/Fairy.

TyLogic

Are rockruff evolutions confirmed to be version exclusive? Because this trailer made me confused.

They are. All new pokemon in that trailer were version exclusive.

noakai

Are rockruff evolutions confirmed to be version exclusive? Because this trailer made me confused.

Yes they are, the trailer was titled "version exclusive Pokemon" for that reason. Passimian and Midday Lycanroc are Sun, Oranguru and Midnight Lycanroc are Moon. The press release also says "The previously revealed Puppy Pokémon Rockruff can evolve into a different form depending on whether you are playing Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon." So it's not time of day at all (although it probably will be in later gens).

Now I'm curious to know - IF those final form starter leaks were real....were we seeing the Sun evos or the Moon ones? Or was it even maybe a mix and two of them were from Sun and one from Moon or vice versa.

knightwolf09

Actually thanks to this trailer it makes me think if the starters do have version exclusive forms, they'll keep the same typing since Lycanroc share typings. I suppose the only difference between them will be looks and stats.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
I am pretty sure the 3 leaked in the Chinese Leak are gonna be the Pokemon Moon forms, the Archer Rowlet makes sense as it looks like it would hide in the shadows and strike it's foes down, Mermaid Popplio because it's based on a siren and sirens are mostly associated with hunting during the night I believe, not much evidence for Bipedal Litten but I think if the other two were night forms the other one would be also. I also believe that the typing leak on the website is still true, and these will be the types of the Pokemon Sun forms of the starters, I really want this to be true because I'm getting Sun and I don't like the Popplio final evolution.

B. Thunder Tiger

Actually thanks to this trailer it makes me think if the starters do have version exclusive forms, they'll keep the same typing since Lycanroc share typings. I suppose the only difference between them will be looks and stats.

Or they have different typings, which in turn, would make their secrets differ from Rockruff's version-exclusive evos. After all, there's also those typings found on the official site of Sun and Moon. Ground and Fighting I believe it was, with people guessing that Litten would stay mono Fire type, Rowlet switching its Flying type for Ground, and Popplio getting the Fighting type.

I myself hope that Litten gets part Steel type, but I will be okay with a pure Fire type too. Sometimes, mono types tend to be simpler. Would work nicely with a Day-evolution. Litten evolving into a sun-powered tiger PKMN for example.

knightwolf09

Or they have different typings, which in turn, would make their secrets differ from Rockruff's version-exclusive evos. After all, there's also those typings found on the official site of Sun and Moon. Ground and Fighting I believe it was, with people guessing that Litten would stay mono Fire type, Rowlet switching its Flying type for Ground, and Popplio getting the Fighting type.

I myself hope that Litten gets part Steel type, but I will be okay with a pure Fire type too. Sometimes, mono types tend to be simpler. Would work nicely with a Day-evolution. Litten evolving into a sun-powered tiger PKMN for example.

Except I still think that those typings on the site was just a result of people putting types up randomly and it means nothing. Cause I highly doubt site creators would ruin a surprise so royally.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
The fact that Lycanroc's forms both have the same typing even though night's form could've easily been a different type makes me wonder how they'll handle starter split evos (if that is their secret)...

But anyways, if the secret is version exclusive evos, then now I REALLY hope split evos aren't the secret.

Bamboosle

I don't know how but the images of Pokémon Refresh made me think Popplio is cute for the first time since it was revealed.....This gen is going to be the hardest generation for me to pick my starter....
All I can hope now is waiting for rumors to be true or not or staring at the screen of my 3ds for hours at starter picking part of the game :p

Leosnake

And move sets if our two new rock wolves are anything to go by.

Sabre_King

I don't know how but the images of Pokémon Refresh made me think Popplio is cute for the first time since it was revealed.....This gen is going to be the hardest generation for me to pick my starter....
All I can hope now is waiting for rumors to be true or not or staring at the screen of my 3ds for hours at starter picking part of the game :p

Another factor to consider is the possibility of each starter ending up with form differences between sun and moon, similar to rockruff evolving into lycanruff. I do agree it is a hard choice, I am still sticking with Rowlet regardless with my first play through; however, if there is the split forms then I think the final forms is what makes me choose which game I start off with most likely.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
I'm strongly believe that the starters leaked by the Chinese leaker are the Moon forms, not so much Litten's form but Rowlet and Popplio's final forms suggest more night themes, as Popplio's is a siren after all

noakai

I just hope before the game comes out they reveal them all so I can choose which to get. This gen it's very up in the air for me which doesn't happen that often.

clbgolden12

I'm strongly believe that the starters leaked by the Chinese leaker are the Moon forms, not so much Litten's form but Rowlet and Popplio's final forms suggest more night themes, as Popplio's is a siren after all
Small nitpick, but reminder that the Chinese leaker wasn't the one to originally leak the starter concepts.

Navarch

Do we know that Lycanroc is the final evolution? If it isn't and it gains different typings after evolving again, then maybe the starters could as well if we get split evolutions.

clbgolden12

Do we know that Lycanroc is the final evolution? If it isn't and it gains different typings after evolving again, then maybe the starters could as well if we get split evolutions.
We don't know if it's final one, but it looks like it is.

Red and Blue

Not sure what is it about Lycanroc that makes it seem middle staged to some people. They looked fully evolved to me. Is it because they have no secondary types?

Status
Not open for further replies.