• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheld999

Level up Rockruff with a Rowlet, Litten and Popplio in your part while it holds some Alchemy item to evolve it into Type: Null

or take it to a place/area and train it up and at certain time it will transform/fused into type null only on a certain day

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
or take it to a place/area and train it up and at certain time it will transform/fused into type null only on a certain day

or maybe you only get one Type: Null after Gladion releases his to get the life of a normal Pokemon, as it has spent it's whole life either in a lab or fighting

TyLogic

I actually forgot about the alchemy theme. I thought it was just used as a basis for the starters, but it keeps tying in with a lot recently. I no longer really think that they have split day or night evolutions. But if they do what alchemic symbol will the final forms represent? Rowlet, Litten and Popplio represent salt, sulfur and mercury respectively right (I think the last two are flipped)? Do the current finals seem to represent the same element or symbol or whatever? If so could the alternate final evolution form represent another symbol? I don't know about much alchemy but I think it's possible. It'd be cool too, if they're forms had a meaning based on alchemy rather than designing them based on day and night.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
I actually forgot about the alchemy theme. I thought it was just used as a basis for the starters, but it keeps tying in with a lot recently. I no longer really think that they have split day or night evolutions. But if they do what alchemic symbol will the final forms represent? Rowlet, Litten and Popplio represent salt, sulfur and mercury respectively right (I think the last two are flipped)? Do the current finals seem to represent the same element or symbol or whatever? If so could the alternate final evolution form represent another symbol? I don't know about much alchemy but I think it's possible. It'd be cool too, if they're forms had a meaning based on alchemy rather than designing them based on day and night.

well from what I've noticed, the final evolutions dont really look like they have any ties to alchemy(well compared to their base forms at least), which makes me think that we could get version exclusive evolutions, but we could see more of a tie to the alchemic themes in the evolution's rumoured Z Forms

knightwolf09

well from what I've noticed, the final evolutions dont really look like they have any ties to alchemy(well compared to their base forms at least), which makes me think that we could get version exclusive evolutions, but we could see more of a tie to the alchemic themes in the evolution's rumoured Z Forms

Actually Litten's still keeps the sulphur symbol on his torso, Popplio's overall body still makes up mercury, and Rowlet's eyes resembles salt. So it's still there.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Actually Litten's still keeps the sulphur symbol on his torso, Popplio's overall body still makes up mercury, and Rowlet's eyes resembles salt. So it's still there.
The other things I can (sort of) see, but... Rowlet's eyes? That really seems like it's stretching it. By that logic pretty much every Pokémon can represent salt.

knightwolf09

The other things I can (sort of) see, but... Rowlet's eyes? That really seems like it's stretching it. By that logic pretty much every Pokémon can represent salt.

You don't notice the circular glasses combined with it's half opened eyes? That makes a circle with line through it which is the symbol for salt.

clbgolden12

You don't notice the circular glasses combined with it's half opened eyes? That makes a circle with line through it which is the symbol for salt.
His eyes will probably be all the way open in-game, the half-open eyes just seem like a quirk for artwork.

knightwolf09

His eyes will probably be all the way open in-game, the half-open eyes just seem like a quirk for artwork.

I imagine them half open. Complements that calm nature I see it having. Besides, having the all the way open 24/7, I would make it looks a bit less cool. I don't know why.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
I imagine them half open. Complements that calm nature I see it having. Besides, having the all the way open 24/7, I would make it looks a bit less cool. I don't know why.

Yeah I agree that it'll probably have the "Grrr angry face" when in battle.

TyLogic

I didn't think that Rowlet3's eyes were the symbol for salt actually. That's interesting. So does Lycanroc's forms still tie into the alchemic symbol for lead? If so, then they might have day and night forms after all. But if not, would their symbol change, or would it be something different. I wish I knew more about alchemy so I could make at least an educated guess...

clbgolden12

Maybe not 24/7 open, it's probably blink once in awhile.

B. Thunder Tiger

Actually Litten's still keeps the sulphur symbol on his torso.

Umm... I don't know where you see it, but there is no such thing as the sulfur symbol on his torso. That and misses the infinity symbol as well, which is a part of the said sulfur symbol. Look up the Leviathan's Cross symbol, which is the alchemic symbol for Sulfur. There is no match. Unless I'm missing something here, there's no case about the sulfur symbol being on Litten's chest.

Last edited:

knightwolf09

Umm... I don't where you see it, but there is no symbol at all in his torso, and it misses the infinity symbol as well. Look up the Leviathan's Cross symbol, which is the alchemic symbol for Sulfur. There is no match. Unless I'm missing something here, there's no case about the sulfur symbol being on Litten's chest.

The one straight line with two crossing it, It's right there on it's chest. And while the the infinity symbol isn't too present, you could say the same for Litten since it's eyes weren't two circles.

B. Thunder Tiger

The one straight line with two crossing it, It's right there on it's chest. And while the the infinity symbol isn't too present, you could say the same for Litten since it's eyes weren't two circles.

You might wanna check up on that, because that is clearly not the symbol at all. Seeing as the infinity symbol isn't present at all (like where?). As for the pre-evo part of Litten, I'd agree, but at least the eyes "could" count for the overall design and are much closer to the original symbol. But for Litten3, there is no such thing. Also, the symbol on Litten's forehead is more like the Kanji for Earth, design wise that is. I myself never really took the brimstone thing seriously. I just took it along in my theories.

http://symboldictionary.net/?p=1080

Last edited:

knightwolf09

You might wanna check up on that, because that is clearly not the symbol at all. Seeing as the infinity symbol isn't present at all (like where?). As for the pre-evo part of Litten, I'd agree, but at least the eyes "could" count for the overall design and are much closer to the original symbol. But for Litten3, there is no such thing. Also, the symbol on Litten's forehead is more like the Kanji for Earth, design wise that is. I myself never really took the brimstone thing seriously. I just took it along in my theories.

http://symboldictionary.net/?p=1080

I already know what the symbol looks like. How else could I have made the comparison? Also, T-like shape? That's clearly the same shape of the top half of the symbol.

clbgolden12

I already know what the symbol looks like. How else could I have made the comparison? Also, T-like shape? That's clearly the same shape of the top half of the symbol.
Top-half. It is indeed missing the other part of the sulfur symbol, which makes it pretty questionable as to if it is the sulfur sign or not.

B. Thunder Tiger

Yes, my bad. But still that is only the top half. Doesn't make it the entire symbol. In fact, I, just by chance, came across this instead. What we are seeing is not the symbol of Sulfur, but rather, the symbol for Vitirol. Vitriol is said to be a greenish oily liquid featured in alchemy, and is also pictured in Litten3's evo art sheet as the substance he's spitting out. Of course, this comes from the following speculation, but it makes more sense design wise.

http://jwnutz.deviantart.com/journal...hing-626532206 (both symbols are shown, so you can see the difference between them)

Last edited:

knightwolf09

Yes, my bad. But still that is only the top half. Doesn't make it the entire symbol. In fact, I, just by chance, came across this instead. What we are seeing is not the symbol of Sulfur, but rather, the symbol for Vitirol. Vitriol is said to be a greenish oily liquid featured in alchemy, and is also pictured in Litten3's evo art sheet as the substance he's spitting out. Of course, this comes from the following speculation, but it makes more sense design wise.

http://jwnutz.deviantart.com/journal/Litten-Evolution-thing-626532206 (both symbols are shown, so you can see the difference between them)

Weird. Why would it change from Sulphur to Vitriol?

B. Thunder Tiger

Weird. Why would it change from Sulphur to Vitriol?

If the link is any proof, I'd guess its from the idea that the substance comes from sulphur, and the idea that its a oil-like substance, which was a feature in Litten's fur. The theme may be Heel Wrestling, but I can also see a form of Oil Wrestling too if everything matches well. As for why it changes to vitriol from sulphur, perhaps it could hint to the alternate forms theory? One represents sulphur, and the other represents the liquid that's vitirol? Of course, I'm just speculating, so take it how you will.

More, just looked up more info of the substance in question from here, and if I had to guess, the liquid that Litten3 is spitting out in its concept art, may be sulfuric acid, which is vitirol in question, as well one of the many forms of the substance. Truly a Heel Wrestler, if he's spitting acid into someone's face like that. That and the acid in question as the link describes, is extremely lethal. Clearly, a heel wrestler you don't want to mess with up close and personal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.