• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TyLogic

So is it possible that Rowlet's and Popplio's symbols change as well? And if Vitriol is some oily acid like substance, is it possible that Litten3 is part Poison, not Dark? And If Litten3 is in fact a day form, then there is a high possibility that the others are too. What other symbols relate to a lion, bat, sun, or moon? What can come from salt or mercury or is linked to it, like how vitriol is linked to sulfur? I think we could get a good idea about what they would look like if we could figure this out.

knightwolf09

If the link is any proof, I'd guess its from the idea that the substance comes from sulphur, and the idea that its a oil-like substance, which was a feature in Litten's fur. The theme may be Heel Wrestling, but I can also see a form of Oil Wrestling too if everything matches well. As for why it changes to vitriol from sulphur, perhaps it could hint to the alternate forms theory? One represents sulphur, and the other represents the liquid that's vitirol? Of course, I'm just speculating, so take it how you will.

More, just looked up more info of the substance in question from here, and if I had to guess, the liquid that Litten3 is spitting out in its concept art, may be sulfuric acid, which is vitirol in question, as well one of the many forms of the substance. Truly a Heel Wrestler, if he's spitting acid into someone's face like that. That and the acid in question as the link describes, is extremely lethal. Clearly, a heel wrestler you don't want to mess with up close and personal.

Funny enough I thought of the oil wrestling a while ago and thought it was a brilliant way to incorporate it in this design. Though my guess was that it's because oiling yourself up is a cheating method in professional wrestling cause your opponent can't grab you, and since the descriptions say that this guy loves to cheat, I thought it made sense why he has oily fur.

B. Thunder Tiger

So is it possible that Rowlet's and Popplio's symbols change as well? And if Vitriol is some oily acid like substance, is it possible that Litten3 is part Poison, not Dark? And If Litten3 is in fact a day form, then there is a high possibility that the others are too. What other symbols relate to a lion, bat, sun, or moon? What can come from salt or mercury or is linked to it, like how vitriol is linked to sulfur? I think we could get a good idea about what they would look like if we could figure this out.

Hard to say at this point. Its possible they have alternative symbols for substances that relate to salt and mercury, just like how vitirol is a substance related to sulfur. Fire/Poison is a good guess, but the substance he spits out is just a part of the overall theme, not the entire theme. So I'd guess its still Fire/Dark, and using poison as a tactic still fits with the image of a hellish Heel Wrestler. For the alternate forms, I'm still putting bets that Litten3's form is still night based along with Popplio and Rowlet's leaked evo sheet designs.

Funny enough I thought of the oil wrestling a while ago and thought it was a brilliant way to incorporate it in this design. Though my guess was that it's because oiling yourself up is a cheating method in professional wrestling cause your opponent can't grab you, and since the descriptions say that this guy loves to cheat, I though it made sense why he has oily fur.

Then we agree on something, because both ways fit in one well done whole. Perhaps it may also explain Litten being speedy, and that Litten3 is still fast on its feet because its slippery, and when getting close at the opponent or viceversa, it would just spit lethal sulfuric acid in the unlucky opponent's face instead and burn the opponent in question. If so, the design is indeed brillantly done.

Last edited:

knightwolf09

Hard to say at this point. Its possible they have alternative symbols for substances that relate to salt and mercury, just like how vitirol is a substance related to sulfur. Fire/Poison is a good guess, but the substance he spits out is just a part of the overall theme, not the entire theme. So I'd guess its still Fire/Dark, and using poison as a tactic still fits with the image of a hellish Heel Wrestler. For the alternate forms, I'm still putting bets that Litten3's form is still night based along with Popplio and Rowlet's leaked evo sheet designs.

Now I can see it learning Acid upon leveling.

TyLogic

Now I can see it learning Acid upon leveling.

Yeah, but let's hope it's not limited to Acid or Acid Spray or whatever other Acid moves there are. Maybe it can learn a new Poison-type move (I speculate that Salandit used a new move in a trailer. They have it listed as Sludge Bomb I think, but the move looked like purple flames and did damage so it can't be Will-O-Wisp either. Plus the animation is too different. I know it's a new generation but still...)

If Vitriol can be semi-limked to Solgaleo, will all starter alchemic symbols be linked to day and night? Salt represents earth right? Would Rowlet's symbol change be linked to salt or earth? And I have no idea for mercury...

shadowF

Really hope Litten3 signature or strongest move is not flare blitz as there have been too many fire starters that use it alot, Honestly hoping for something like a special attack instead.

TyLogic

Really hope Litten3 signature or strongest move is not flare blitz as there have been too many fire starters that use it alot, Honestly hoping for something like a special attack instead.

Well, that's kind of unavoidable IMO. But I understand what you mean. As long as it's moveset is different than Delphox's, I'll be fine. :D

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
... But speaking of Litten, anyone think its (leaked) final evo could learn False Swipe? Its claws are pretty big...

Last edited by a moderator:

TyLogic

I wonder if it can learn Shadow Claw. I hope Mimikyu can too. I think that's my favorite Ghost-type move.

J.J. Knight

Since everyone is talking about Litten, what do you think the Hidden Ability would be? I think Tough Claws seem pretty solid if the final evolution the Chinese Leaker leaked is true.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Since everyone is talking about Litten, what do you think the Hidden Ability would be? I think Tough Claws seem pretty solid if the final evolution the Chinese Leaker leaked is true.

I'd imagine the starters have new HAs that are introduced in that generation similar to the Kalos starters. For Litten's, I could see it getting an ability called Fiery Finisher, where if it defeats an enemy with a fire type attack, it raises it's attack by 2 stages

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Going by the leaked concepts, I'm guessing either Moxie, Moody, or a new Fire -ate ability.

DSDark

Breeder
Going by the leaked concepts, I'm guessing either Moxie, Moody, or a new Fire -ate ability.

I would like Moxie above all unless we get some new ability that would be useful. I don't like the idea of a fire-ate ability, we already have strong fire type moves and I don't really see the point of having litten3 learning some strong none fire-type move that could be useful for what it is and just have it turn fire. Fire's not that great of typing.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
So this just popped up on the Pokemon JP website

ke74wjN.jpg

So something to do with the starters on the 4th? I assume so anyway, being unable to read Japanese and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.