• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
So this just popped up on the Pokemon JP website

ke74wjN.jpg
Translations, anyone?

goodpeople25

Just from using google translate, (yeah i know) it seems like just general info on the starters again, when the game and info comes out (top and very bottom respectively) the ionly nteresting thing is the line above the bottom text, I'm getting something like "another decided first of pokemon" but again google translate.

Ah that makes much more sense.

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
That's pretty much correct, according to Pokesan, it reads:
'Which starter will you choose? Have you decided? New information will be on 10/4 22:00'

'Rowlet can turn around 180 degrees. Litten can use fur with fire to attack. Poplio when being watched can perform well.'

So we may actually be getting something new about them on the 4th.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Not necessarily as it's been speculated that the starters would get something this month due to what happened with the Kalos starters (who got their middle stages a month beforehand), so any 'leaks' saying as much isn't really breaking new ground.

Also, it should be noted that the blurb could be speaking generally, so we don't necessary have to get starter information on the 4th (though I will concede it hints at it).

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I think it's the line where it says "When Popolio is being watched it performs well" it seems to fit the siren/mermaid evolution
I'm pretty sure that was said back when the starters were first revealed.

Litleonid

Serebii's webmaster Joe said that the image doesn't say we're going to see the evolutions, but I think the way its written seems to imply that the news coming could be about the starters.

Nin10nerd

Living in bliss!
I hope we get something on the starters. If not Tuesday then sometime this month. I've been hype for the evolution's ever since that French Twitter post!

Aquaslash

Oh boy, I can't wait until Tuesday! I don't know if I've said this before, but I really hope that Pop3 is real and I can get it in Sun. My Swampert hopes so too...

ItsMeBrandon

Looking purely at the design of the starters' first evolutions, I would say that this is probably one of the stronger starter groups we've gotten, personally.

I'm a bit torn between Rowlet and Popplio. Normally I choose the Grass-type starter or occasionally the Fire-type starter, but Popplio really appeals to me.
That said, I've been trying to avoid the leaks to the starter evolutions, and I would rather we learn about the middle evolutions officially before confirming/disproving those final evolutions.
I mean, I am about convinced that the starters have two final evolutions each, just as Rockruff does, seeing as it was described as having something in common with the starters. I'm not sure about anything past that.

Though a part of me wants this to be kept a secret so I can learn about it all on my own when I play the game. I miss the surprise of finding out what a Pokémon evolves into in the actual games.

TyLogic

Looking purely at the design of the starters' first evolutions, I would say that this is probably one of the stronger starter groups we've gotten, personally.

I'm a bit torn between Rowlet and Popplio. Normally I choose the Grass-type starter or occasionally the Fire-type starter, but Popplio really appeals to me.
That said, I've been trying to avoid the leaks to the starter evolutions, and I would rather we learn about the middle evolutions officially before confirming/disproving those final evolutions.
I mean, I am about convinced that the starters have two final evolutions each, just as Rockruff does, seeing as it was described as having something in common with the starters. I'm not sure about anything past that.

Though a part of me wants this to be kept a secret so I can learn about it all on my own when I play the game. I miss the surprise of finding out what a Pokémon evolves into in the actual games.

I like a good surprise too! But if it turns out that I hate the final evolution, then it would've been a waste of my time. I prefer to know about starters before I get the game...At least I think I do...

future.newyorker

Actually, it was never explicitly said that Rockruff and the starters have the same secret. Serebii even said that people just started assuming that after they read what CoroCoro actually said, "Rockruff has a secret! Speaking of secrets, the starters have one too!" Or something to that effect.

That bit about Rockruff's evo having a secret in common with the starters was confirmed to be a mistranslation. All it said was that Rockruff's evo and the starters each had a secret, it did not say that they had that secret in common with each other. Also, we now know Rockruff's evo's secret--Lycanroc has version-exclusive alternate forms. As for the starters' secret, we'll have to wait and see. Perhaps that info will come with the October 4th reveal?

Status
Not open for further replies.