• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre_King

If the final forms do in fact have split forms based on the version of the game than it will definitely sway which version I start with first. Truthfully I am surprised they haven't done version exclusive evolutions before because it becomes a great marketing tool for everyone to buy both copies of the game. Granted there's no confirmation on the starters having the split forms similar to rockruff, but still if you end up wanting to have each form you would have to buy both copies. I just hope the supposed leaks for the final forms are the moon versions of the forms because I am starting with Rowlet on my first play through.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Lizzard

Master Wannabe

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Torracat is really growing on me, I kind of hope seeing its (ugly) evolution in game makes me change my opinion of it. I'm really liking Dartrix too, so I definitely think my choice will be between Rowlet and Litten. I think I find more more to dislike about Brionne every time I look at it, though. Even the name is dumb.

It's name comes from brine and (sea) lion. I don't see anything wrong with it to be honest. Sure it's not the first name that would spring into my head but I personally like it more than some supposed names mentioned in the past.

B. Thunder Tiger

The description for Torracat also says that he bends iron bars. 100% jumping off the deep end but what if Litten3 melts down it iron to form his "iron shirt". It's dumb but the idea of a fire/steel wrestling cat starter has me excited.

I can see that happen. Maybe it eats iron to increase its strength as you say. If its a Fire/Steel type, it will be able to counter Fairy types, such as the supposed Water/Fairy type of Popplio's 2nd evo.

I'm dieing for a fire/steel type that's not heatran. I hate using legends. And fire/steel is one of the sexiest typings ever. Here's hoping Litten goes that way! Or at least one poke this gen.

About that, maybe its a possibility - quoting my post here. Take a look:

Random Starter Speculation time:

I was just looking up some stuff for Torracat, until I came across something called "Iron Shirt", and I was thinking about Litten3's leaked evo which depicts having a gray torso. Looking closer, its as if it was wearing a sleeveless shirt made of iron fur or something. If so, it just so happens that "Iron Shirt" is a chinese martial arts form, namely this:

From Wikipedia:
Iron Shirt is a form of hard style martial art exercise for protecting the human body from impacts in a fight. This is one of the 72 arts of the Shaolin Temple. Some martial arts are based on the idea that a correctly trained body can withstand more damage than one that is untrained. Iron Shirt is said to be a series of exercises using many post stances, herbs, qigong and body movements to cause the body's natural energy (qi) to reinforce its structural strength. Practitioners believe that directing energy to parts of the body can reinforce these parts of the body to take blows against them. In the Shaolin version of Iron Shirt, the practitioner would do things such as lying on a stump or supporting tablets of granite on the chest with the goal of toughening the body.

What is more interesting, is that one of its variations is named Hǔ Xiào Jīn Zhōng Zhào, which translates to "Tiger Shouting Golden Bell Exercise". Sound familiar no? Indeed, Torracat is a adolescent tiger cub who happens to depict a golden bell, otherwise its flame sac.

Maybe its just me, but I think this fits nicely with the Wrestler theme and if true, makes the evolution more sense wise. Perhaps....Litten3's Evo is a...Fire/Steel Heel wrestler?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_shirt

phanpycross

God-king
Im surprised they went with pink eyes for Bionne; anybody else who thinks it looks a little creepy, but also cute?

Torract is growing on me, but I still think it could have done with some thinning, which is hilarious if the leak turns out true.

Dartrix is just awesome, I find the hair gag hilarious, and the quill darts are a sick concept.

Last edited:

lycanadam

Trainer
After today's trailer and the descriptions from the pokemon website, I am more convinced than every that the starter leaks are real. Id say about 90% sure and I am actually happy about that. Cause Rowlet3 is probably one of the coolest things I have ever seen(IMO). Im still very very curious to know what the secret the starters and rockruff share is!? New ideas keep popping up all the time; special z-moves, version form exclusives and now battle bond forms? crazy
AA1.jpg

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
And Miles Edgeworth. Really, it's not an uncommon hairstyle.

Yeah, I've seen Edgeworth/Dartrix images floating around as well, but everyone is making Phoenix a Pidgeotto when he is clearly a Swellow.

XXD17

Draco rex
It's weird because I thought Brionne was going to be severely hated.

Turns out it's not the case! Good to see all the three mid-evos being somewhat equally liked. And I'm not surprised since I like them all!

I mean for me, I don't like either brionne or dartrix....Brionne's design completely obscures its form while dartrix reminds me of those Sir Owlington troll fakemons...the only reason I don't really care is because the final evos are so great and it seems like that's the case with a lot of people. I don't like brionne and I hate popplio, but popplio3 completely redeems both of their designs. Rowlet's cool, dartrix is stupid looking, but rowlet3 looks great. The only starter that I like all three is litten. I still like Ariel more than Tony, but I'm still picking Litten.

TheEeveeTrainer

Hi! Total forum newbie here. Just thought I would jump on the bandwagon and join in.

I love the designs for Torrocat and Dartrix, hoping Litten3 stays on all fours. We don't need another bipedal starter final evo. As for the name... Could it be a play on the word "terra" which is Latin for Earth? If the final evo is going to be a Fire/Ground type, then that might be a possibility.

Last edited:
Hmm... I'm not particularly fond of Dartrix. I generally dislike pretty-boy types (because of their snobby attitude, not because of some ill-perceived stereotype,) and I think that if Rowlet3 is going to be a thing, this seems like an unfitting pre-evo for a deadly archer. Altho, perhaps, he's a charismatic grifter or duelist as opposed to a roguish street urchin, which, while blatantly shoehorned in, would technically fit the theme. Not only that, but Dartrix does seem to be an appropriate pre-evo name to come before Arrowl. His weapon choice also fits rogues, assassins, and some archer builds. Rowlet3 could still be a thing.

Brionne all but confirms Popplio3 will be a thing, so there's not much to say about it. I'm mildly disappointed it's not Water/Fairy, but then, Frogadier wasn't Water/Dark despite looking the part.

Torracat seems like it'll still be a quadrupedal final evo. Oftentimes, three-stage Pokémon that shift from quadru- to bipedal as they evolve have a quasi-quadrupedal mid-evo, but Torracat seems to defy that logic if Litten3 is still going to be a thing. As for someone's Fire/Steel theory, bodybuilders and pro wrestlers like to mimic Iron Shirt techniques in their training and theatrics, so I wouldn't put it past GF to make Litten3 Fire/Steel. Lucario doesn't have a single steel plate or hunk of iron ore on or in his body, but is still Fighting/Steel, so it's entirely plausible (altho kind of a stretch, IMO.)

Last edited:

Fresco

Fresh Out The Oven.
Well, yes, but there'sa bit more to the name than that, you see...
I'm now leaning towards 'brio' (it is the 'Pop Star Pokémon' after all) and 'mignonne', which is French for pretty/cute/charming (fitting as it's Japanese name is derived from 'oshare', meaning fashionable).

Hey everyone! Sorry if this has been asked multiple times already but what is the consensus on the final evolved forms of the starter Pokemon? IMO I think that Torracat and Brionne look a lot like they'll evolve into the leaked final evos, however, Dartrix to me really doesn't look like Rowlet3. Not that really means anything because we have heaps of Pokemon that don't look close to their prevolutions.

What does everyone else think?

glacialcat

Hi! Total forum newbie here. Just thought I would jump on the bandwagon and join in.

I love the designs for Torrocat and Dartrix, hoping Litten3 stays on all fours. We don't need another bipedal starter final evo. As for the name... Could it be a play on the word "terra" which is Latin for Earth? If the final evo is going to be a Fire/Ground type, then that might be a possibility.

Its not impossible but others have figured the name is probably a combination of tora (Japanese for tiger), torrid (hot and dry), torch, and other words associated with fire. In addition all of its foreign names are combinations of the words for fire + words for cat or meow, and you'd think at least one other language would hint at a ground connection if so.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I always did wonder how Popplio would go from that to a Siren of all things, but Brionne is the answer to that I guess.

Not really a fan.

Hey everyone! Sorry if this has been asked multiple times already but what is the consensus on the final evolved forms of the starter Pokemon? IMO I think that Torracat and Brionne look a lot like they'll evolve into the leaked final evos, however, Dartrix to me really doesn't look like Rowlet3. Not that really means anything because we have heaps of Pokemon that don't look close to their prevolutions.

It's honestly no worse than the transition from Combusken to Blaziken or Frogadier to Greninja.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

i'd say most people think they look close enough while a few have voiced concerns in that. I myself think they have a good enough connection

Blaze990

Dartrix fortified my choice as Rowlet for my starter. Although I cannot see it becoming the leaked archer anymore :/

Torracat is amazing! I really hope it doesn't evolve into the the leaked wrestler!

Brionne looks "slow" and I'm not talking about its speed :p But I like it in a way!

All in all I am happy with the evolutions in general!!

Status
Not open for further replies.