• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ebevan91

If you're really that concerned about your Popplio evolving into something you consider too "girly" you have options: a) Don't pick Popplio, b) Don't evolve Popplio, c) Don't use your starter, d) Pick Popplio, evolve him, and imagine he's in an 80's hair band.

I'm going with option D myself.

.Aerodactyl.

If you're really that concerned about your Popplio evolving into something you consider too "girly" you have options: a) Don't pick Popplio, b) Don't evolve Popplio, c) Don't use your starter, d) Pick Popplio, evolve him, and imagine he's in an 80's hair band.

You forgot e) don't get a male Popplio.

But let's not start this all over again. We are just gonna have to live with overtly masculine Liften and the apparently too-girly Poppliovely.

Question: Do they ever officially reveal the final start evolutions before the game release or is it always after, like X/Y?

I'm wondering if we might actually get them revealed before this time (maybe by only a few days, but stjll before) just because if they do have some kind of secret how else will they show it? Like, if they have personal z-crystals, aren't they gonna wanna advertise them before? But I guess they COULD show the z-crystals and just not show the move in action or the evolutions.

If there are split forms, I do feel like that's something they're gonna announce though...it would generate so much attention in the gaming community to even non-pokemon fans. Maybe not show them, but it would be cool if they did like blacked out silhouettes or something.

No matter what the secret is, or whatever interesting thing about them the Riddler hints at is, it just seems like something that would be announced before release. Just feels like that would be hard rondo without showing the starters final form.

Last edited:

Bus

Wow, thats possibly the best idea I've read. I dont have a problem with popplio3 at all, but I can totally see it as the lead singer of an 80's hair band or some other band like Steel Panther; it totally works! Crazy how some things are fine and unquestioned in some eras and raise speculation and gender questions in other time frames lol.

If you just evision Popplio3 as a having some kind of classic rock look or something, it no longer comes across as super feminine. As a side note, yeah it is weird how the uber mascule ones, like Machamp (though there are female bodybuilders who look like that) and a few others dont draw questions. And it may not anymore, but male Kirlia/Gardevoir did draw a lot of raised eyebrows awhile back; people have just moved on from that one by now (probably since Gallade gives it a more male appearance).

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

But let's not start this all over again. We are just gonna have to live with overtly masculine Liften and the apparently too-girly Poppliovely.

Question: Do they ever officially reveal the final start evolutions before the game release or is it always after, like X/Y?

I'm wondering if we might actually get them revealed before this time (maybe by only a few days, but stjll before) just because if they do have some kind of secret how else will they show it? Like, if they have personal z-crystals, aren't they gonna wanna advertise them before? But I guess they COULD show the z-crystals and just not show the move in action or the evolutions.

If there are split forms, I do feel like that's something they're gonna announce though...it would generate so much attention in the gaming community to even non-pokemon fans. Maybe not show them, but it would be cool if they did like blacked out silhouettes or something.

No matter what the secret is, or whatever interesting thing about them the Riddler hints at is, it just seems like something that would be announced before release. Just feels like that would be hard rondo without showing the starters final form.
I know the Sinnoh starters weren't officially revealed until after D/P were out in Japan, and I'm pretty it was the same with the Unova starters.

But I do agree that there's a chance these starters will be revealed earlier because of this secret.

Bariokie

rock dog
Please stop assigning human gender-norms to fictional animals.

I swear...people do NOT complain this much when a Pokemon that can be both genders looks more masculine.

Wtf are you even saying. I just want a more masculine looking popplio split evolution.
If you don't like my opinion you can:
-leave
-leave
-delete your account and leave
-unnecesary rude thing i can say

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Right you are. Of course this is an option.

I feel like they normally don't show them beforehand. Sometimes we get them a little bit before from something like a CoroCoro leak that happens before the game comes out but isn't going to be officially coming out until after the game is released.

I'm still hesitant to believe anything about different starter forms. The Z-Crystal thing I can see however, and I think that'd be easy enough to just reveal after launch or in the games themselves.

Bus

Wtf are you even saying. I just want a more masculine looking popplio split evolution.
If you don't like my opinion you can:
-leave
-leave
-delete your account and leave
-unnecesary rude thing i can say

Unfortunately GF doesnt make their decisions with you specifically in mind, which is why he was suggesting those alternatives for you. But if it truly is that big an issue for you, there's a post by this kid named Bariokie who listed some suggestions you can follow.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
How many times is the popplio thing going to be rehashed? If someone doesn't like brionne or the final evolution for whatever reason, they are allowed to. If you don't like that people don't like them, then just ignore it.

Bariokie

rock dog
Unfortunately GF doesnt make their decisions with you specifically in mind, which is why he was suggesting those alternatives for you. But if it truly is that big an issue for you, there's a post by this kid named Bariokie who listed some suggestions you can follow.

Lmao, I'm again still just sharing my opinion. I wasnt even the first one to attack. I'm not even going to bother explaining how fcking wrong you are because obviously you arn't able to understand you were wrong.
(Also, I'm not a kid.)

How many times is the popplio thing going to be rehashed? If someone doesn't like brionne or the final evolution for whatever reason, they are allowed to. If you don't like that people don't like them, then just ignore it.

Thank you. May God bless you.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Was going to stay out but feel the need to defend myself here.

I wasn't attacking anybody, I was giving honest suggestions on alternatives. And it's true that everyone has the right to their opinion, but to say that Gamefreak needs to make a more masculine looking form because the one we've seen is too feminine is a shame. I'm sorry if you took what I said personally but I don't think your reaction was proportionate to what I said. I'm not going to leave because you disagree with me, this is a forum where many voices can be heard, it doesn't have to cater to you. I've been here since 2006, I'm not going anywhere.

Now to steer this back on topic. What kind of Hidden Abilities does everyone think the starters may have? Something new or old abilities? IF it's old abilities I can see Rowlet3 with Sniper, Litten3 with Huge Power, and Popplio3 with Swift Swim (I know that's not imaginative) or maybe they could give it Dancer if that's not going to be exclusive to Oricorio.

Bus

Was going to stay out but feel the need to defend myself here.

I wasn't attacking anybody, I was giving honest suggestions on alternatives. And it's true that everyone has the right to their opinion, but to say that Gamefreak needs to make a more masculine looking form because the one we've seen is too feminine is a shame. I'm sorry if you took what I said personally but I don't think your reaction was proportionate to what I said. I'm not going to leave because you disagree with me, this is a forum where many voices can be heard, it doesn't have to cater to you. I've been here since 2006, I'm not going anywhere.

Now to steer this back on topic. What kind of Hidden Abilities does everyone think the starters may have? Something new or old abilities? IF it's old abilities I can see Rowlet3 with Sniper, Litten3 with Huge Power, and Popplio3 with Swift Swim (I know that's not imaginative) or maybe they could give it Dancer if that's not going to be exclusive to Oricorio.

Coulda sworn we were actually just recently talking about possible hidden abilities for them lol. I think most of us are expecting something like Skill Link or Sniper for Rowlett3 or some kind of new ability (I suggested maybe something like 'Scoped Shot': The first it attack upon switching in has 100% accuracy for this Pokemon). For Litten, most are expecting the typical fighter ones like Reckless, Iron Fist, Berserk for a new ability, or Tough Claws while Dancer or Serene Grace are the typical suggestions for Popplio3. Marvel Scale might also be possibly seeing as how its lower body is fishman/merfolk.

Gizmoa

Coulda sworn we were actually just recently talking about possible hidden abilities for them lol. I think most of us are expecting something like Skill Link or Sniper for Rowlett3 or some kind of new ability (I suggested maybe something like 'Scoped Shot': The first it attack upon switching in has 100% accuracy for this Pokemon). For Litten, most are expecting the typical fighter ones like Reckless, Iron Fist, Berserk for a new ability, or Tough Claws while Dancer or Serene Grace are the typical suggestions for Popplio3. Marvel Scale might also be possibly seeing as how its lower body is fishman/merfolk.

Looking at old abilities, something like technician with moves that are multihit oriented seems logical to me for rowlet.

Bus

Looking at old abilities, something like technician with moves that are multihit oriented seems logical to me for rowlet.

Technician...yes, I could see that too. Skill Link lends itself to multi hit moves a lot, too though lol. Hmm what else...Well, its coat/wings are leaves, right? Leaf Guard is a possibility.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer

I like glacialcats's earlier wrestling theme suggestions for Litten3. However, to also add in the Dark type dirty tricks, what about a Tag Team ability. When Litten3 switches out, its replacement still gets an attack. It would definitely add a lot of pressure when Litten3 is on the field.

glacialcat

Technician...yes, I could see that too. Skill Link lends itself to multi hit moves a lot, too though lol. Hmm what else...Well, its coat/wings are leaves, right? Leaf Guard is a possibility.

Highly doubt they'd do Leaf Guard since Meganium already has Leaf Guard and they generally seem to avoid giving starters the same ability as other starters. Only exception is Torterra and Samurott both sharing Shell Armor.

Some have suggested Overcoat for this same idea, however.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
Highly doubt they'd do Leaf Guard since Meganium already has Leaf Guard and they generally seem to avoid giving starters the same ability as other starters. Only exception is Torterra and Samurott both sharing Shell Armor.

Some have suggested Overcoat for this same idea, however.

Overcoat would be less appealing seeing as how Rowlet is already immune to the powder moves, being grass type. The weather immunity would be decent still, I guess. A stealth themed ability for Rowlet would be pretty cool for a new ability as well.

glacialcat

Overcoat would be less appealing seeing as how Rowlet is already immune to the powder moves, being grass type. The weather immunity would be decent still, I guess. A stealth themed ability for Rowlet would be pretty cool for a new ability as well.

To be honest I consider basically every ability that isn't actively hurtful better than Leaf Guard, but yeah Overcoat does lose it's best feature on a grass-type. Would be kind of neat if Overcoat also reduced the damage Fire does in Sun and Water does in Rain, come to think of it.

Best kind of ability I could think for a Stealthy Pokemon would maybe be... something to reduce the damage it takes on a switch in? Could call it Covert. Has a nice pun because coverts are also a kind of feather.

Tonels

pokedex.jpg
So, this leaked on a french website and got deleted immediately, but some folks saved it and posted it on 4chan afterwards. Your thoughts?

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
View attachment 16173
So, this leaked on a french website and got deleted immediately, but some folks saved it and posted it on 4chan afterwards. Your thoughts?

It's fake. The Alolan Solosis is fan art that can be found by just googling "Alolan Solosis", as is the artwork for Cutiefly's evolution.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
View attachment 16173

While they could just be doing something new, the Pokedex covers are usually busier than this, more crowded. Also, I kinda assumed the official Sugimori art for the starters would be different than the leaked concept art. I like the little water Solosis, though. It's cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.