• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackRaven

Go Charizard!!!!
Litten's final evo must be fire and dark. We need a new dark type

.Aerodactyl.

I'm surely not going to put them in a box. Litten looks the cutest, and just makes me want him more than ever.

That said though, putting PKMN in a box isn't as bad anymore with Poke Pelago on the horizon.

I was gonna say "Oh I won't box them, it's Pelago for them!"
But I actually never box my starter anyway. Gonna. Nuzlocke this run so not even sure if he'll live that long..

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I'm still choosing Litten over the others. Brionne I see becoming a Fairy and I hate that tyoe, meanwhile Rowlett kept that ugly nose.
Litten stayed good looking, just hope he grows the Dark type and not Fighting. We need a NEW Pokemon that has Dark typing

Uh it's a beak, not a nose.

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

goodpeople25

Man I've been waiting for better images of that moment (well images at all with popillio and rowlet) since we first saw the starters (and wow that was may) and Litten being lifted up. Just reinforces that there all adorable at thier first stage.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Litten's final evo must be fire and dark. We need a new dark type

Remember how we needed Fire-types in Diamond and Pearl? Yeah.. Either Chimchar or Ponyta! The choices were abound and plenty!

Obviously not going to disagree with their analysis of the scene, but it does seem weird that there's a scene that asks whether the starter wants to go along with you on the Island Trial Challenge. Especially since we know from other reviews that you get sent to the Trainer School right after, and not the first Island Trial. I find that weird. It's as if the starter doesn't want to go with you on Island Trials at first, but then after succesfully completing the Trainer School, Ilima comes at you and you're allowed to partake.

It's really weird.

You start your game. You apparently meet Tapu Koko. You go to the Island Festival. You pick a starter. You fight Hau with said starter (considering the type-advantage, you'll likely win). There's a cutscene where Hala asks the starter if it wants to join you on the Island Trial Challenge. SOMETHING HAPPENS.. and then you get sent off to Trainer School. Why? What happened? What did you do wrong? Why does Ilima only invite you after you've beaten the Trainer School's students (4) and the teacher, IF the starter already agreed with you to go on the Island Trial Challenge AND Hala aka the Kahuna, already kinda invited you to do such when he let the starter make that decision: "Yeah, I'm letting a starter pokémon choose your career path, but I'm so gonna not invite you to partake regardless of what it chooses" <- Seems ridiculous.

It kinda makes it seem as if the endresult of that cutscene would be that the starter joins you, but isn't yet satisfied with your skills and that's why you get sent to the Trainer School before being allowed to partake. Which is really weird as I thought that you already seem to have been chosen by fate and have seen Tapu Koko because of that as well. It seems really weird even after all that to be sent to Trainer School and to let that be the reason why you're invited to start the Island Trial Challenge.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
One thing I'm going to speculate is that, I hope the cut-scenes will not be long enough for possible soft-resets. Otherwise, us female Popplio choosers will probably have a rough time to go through.

Orphalesion

Well of course I won't box Popplio, I want the mermaid.

However would that cutscene stop me from boxing the Johto or Hoenn starters? No. They'd still land there.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Well of course I won't box Popplio, I want the mermaid.

However would that cutscene stop me from boxing the Johto or Hoenn starters? No. They'd still land there.
Unless this means the game would force you to keep your starter in your party. :p

Orphalesion

Unless this means the game would force you to keep your starter in your party. :p

Well it better not, haha, that would be one change that would not go down well with a LOT of people.

But I really think the whole "does this pokemon really want to come with you on the journey?" bit is just a bit of flavour that won't effect anything later on.

BlitzGirl41

Well it better not, haha, that would be one change that would not go down well with a LOT of people.

But I really think the whole "does this pokemon really want to come with you on the journey?" bit is just a bit of flavour that won't effect anything later on.

Yeah, definitely sounds like something that's just there to try to make the bond you have with your Starter choice more meaningful-sounding. Too often it's easy to forget that the Starter Pokemon is your toon's first Pokemon. The Professor and your mother will mention how attached it is to you at the beginning of every game, but then not much else is brought up about it for the rest of the game. So that definitely sounds like a nice little attempt at making the Starters relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.