• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
My only hope is that they don't try to make Rowlet3 something it's not... a defensive Pokemon.

knightwolf09

My only hope is that they don't try to make Rowlet3 something it's not... a defensive Pokemon.

Luckily it sounds like Popplio is going to be the defensive one. Somebody who played the first two hours of the game says Popplio has very defense and special defense but it's special attack and speed is lacking and it's attack is fair. Which is weird that Popplio sounds like more of a physical attacker, but it could be the nature of the Popplio we got.

Joltik-Kid

Luckily it sounds like Popplio is going to be the defensive one. Somebody who played the first two hours of the game says Popplio has very defense and special defense but it's special attack and speed is lacking and it's attack is fair. Which is weird that Popplio sounds like more of a physical attacker, but it could be the nature of the Popplio we got.
Didn't exactly stop Venasaur and Blastoise in Gen 1.... Heck even Torterra and Empoleon were fairly defensive too in Gen 4. I can't image they would make an Archer defensive, but this is the same group who thought to give Delphox a strong support movepool despite having a bad defensive typing

knightwolf09

Didn't exactly stop Venasaur and Blastoise in Gen 1.... Heck even Torterra and Empoleon were fairly defensive too in Gen 4. I can't image they would make an Archer defensive, but this is the same group who thought to give Delphox a strong support movepool despite having a bad defensive typing

I still have faith in gamefreak with how they're making pokemon. Many in this gen seem to be made for fair use in competitive.

future.newyorker

I figure they should know what they're doing... but it feels like only recently they realize not everyone and their mom is into Doubles battles (The Official format they chose)

No, GF definitely pushes double battles. Just look at Oranguru and Passimian, they aren't trying to steer away from them because people don't particularly like them, they are trying to push them even harder and make people use them.

Joltik-Kid

No, GF definitely pushes double battles. Just look at Oranguru and Passimian, they aren't trying to steer away from them because people don't particularly like them, they are trying to push them even harder and make people use them.
And you have no idea how much that gets on my nerves... But I totally believe it. I know they will forever push Doubles, but I think there are some legit Singles Pokemon they've shelled out starting more recently in XY (Take Greninja, it sucks in Doubles but is practically a god in Singles)

Sakuraba

I still don't get why people dislike Emboar. It has such a perfect design for both the gen V theme.

But I can't see none of the starters being defensive this time around. Rowlet3 and Litten3 are clearly very offense oriented. Litten3 might be a little bulkier, but can't see it being by much. Popplio3 doesn't look like it'll be a beater though. It may end up as a support mon, like Delphox was supposed to be.

aerial_ace

I'm glad we finally have a confirmation of these starters, even though it was pretty clear leaks were real after mallow:)
So happy we finally have an awesome looking grass type again which is definitely my favourite. Gen V and gen VI had disappointing grass starters. Rowlett3 needs to have decent speed and great offense to be viable imo due to bad defensive typing. Flying is a good offensive typing combined with grass coverage you only struggle against steel types. I have a feeling our grass owl will have around 105 speed 120 attack(although i would prefer it to be satt because itimidate and burns are everywhere but it does look likely) and good HP with other stats being mediocre( the only reason why i think it will have decent HP is because in one of the trailers we can see trainer using lv 5 rowlett with 23 HP which i think is quite a lot)hopefully it will get sniper as HA and hopefully focus energy similar to how Kindra is sometimes played( crit kindra is honestly one of mg favourite sets spam them dracos for days)Judging from the design it may have access to few high crit moves. Design wise i love it so much best grass starter since Sceptile.
I was never a fan of the other too but they eventually grew on me. Especially Litten3 sprite looks so much better than the concept art. Predicting both offensive stats to be high with avarage speed similar spread like blaziken. Hoping for either tough claws moxie or intimidate as a HA
Poplio3 is my least favourite of the 3 starters mostly due to how ugly first stage of the evolution is. It is quite a feminine design which is nice because over the years we had lots of very masculine designs which i personally prefer. Poplio3 looks quite majestic has sort of milotic vibe to it. With romoured fairy type this is shaping to be the best out of starters when it comes to competetive play. I think it will have below avarage speed good defences and avarage satt. This one for me is the hardest for me to predict HA based off of design only. Maybe marvel scale or dazzling ?

It is cool to see they are trying to target different audiance with these designs you have a feminine one masculine one and one that is fairly neutral. Overall taking basic stages and first evolutions into consideration these are one of the coolest starters we had so far ;)

I'm really conflicted which starter to pick. In my opinion the sprite makes litten3 worse. I didn't particularly like it from the beginning, even though I love Litten and Torracat.
Now, what to do? I wanted my first run to be with Litten. But I don't really like it's final evo. I don't want to leave it a Torracat either, since for my first run I like to evolve the starter to the final form.
I could start with one of the other two for the first run, of course. But then I wouldn't be able to create that bond with Litten anymore, which I normally do when playing though the game the first time.

What to do, what to do xD

sheld999

the final evos are really disappointing but they will work on me later on tho

Bamboosle

Hmmm...
Rowlet3 looks great in game and in the leaks
Litten3 looks better in the leaks than in game.
Popplio3 looks better in game than in the leaks.

So hard to choose. !!

Relax

Hmmm...
Rowlet3 looks great in game and in the leaks
Litten3 looks better in the leaks than in game.
Popplio3 looks better in game than in the leaks.

So hard to choose. !!

litten3 in game? When did that happen?

Edit: I didn't get the new info about the demo/video's and the datamine leak. And don't want them either.
So the sprites leaked of the starters?

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
litten3 in game? When did that happen?

Edit: I didn't get the new info about the demo/video's and the datamine leak. And don't want them either.
So the sprites leaked of the starters?

Yea the starters along with the whole dex leaked.

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
I'm glad Popplio3 is real, I'm hoping it has Fairy as it's second typing (if it has one).

Last edited:

TRG

Popplio3 will most definitely be Water/Fairy. Overall I really like its design, but that isn't a surprise since I've always tended to like majestic looking water types such as Lapras and Milotic.

MegaAbsol

Litten was my first choice in the beginning, after the leaks I was leaning towards Rowlet as I love Rowlet3's design, seeing how they look in game, had to really think hard on which to go with.... and now finally back to Litten, can't wait to breed a shiny one though!

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
Only because it wasn't a quadraped boar and it was Fire/Fighting. That's literally the only reason people hate it. And it's the same for Litten, except it only looks Fire/Fighting.

This is not the only reason people dislike Emboar. I dislike it because it doesn't have a neck of any kind and resembles a fattened pig more than a wild boar. In addition its fire collar seems out of place, perhaps because it doesn't have a neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.