• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TyLogic

I see where you're coming from, but that's just the lighting. Look closely and you can see all the same details that were present in the leaked art.

Awww...

It still looks pretty cool though. They all do. I liked the concept art, but seeing them in 3D is cool too. 3D makes things cooler! (Unless you're Marshtomp...)

Sakuraba

Awww...

It still looks pretty cool though. They all do. I liked the concept art, but seeing them in 3D is cool too. 3D makes things cooler! (Unless you're Marshtomp...)

Wait, what? What did I miss? Did the trailer drop already?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Awww...

Awwww Now you're making me sad. Marshtomp didn't deserve to get turned into a lobotomized chew toy...

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Oh yassss! Bara starters for all three types are now complete.
Chesnaught, Gaogaen, and Mega Swampert.

In all seriousness though, they look great. I'm gonna use all three starters when I get the chance.
Now, I hope to see them in actual motion.

I could've said this back when the datamine confirmed things.

Graficcha

Team Magma Scientist
Hm. I wouldn't think this kind of reveal happens entirely by accident, but it seems odd that they'd not make use of a new trailer to reveal these much-hyped final starter stages.

This is kind of a back door way for many people to get this information. Does anybody know if there is any accompanying promotional material to go with the TCG reveal?

TyLogic

Awwww Now you're making me sad. Marshtomp didn't deserve to get turned into a lobotomized chew toy...

Marshtomp actually looks pretty cool from the side, because you can see all of it's mohawk-esque fin.

Maybe they changed a few models, like how they did in Black and White. Though, so far, this seems unlikely.

Graficcha

Team Magma Scientist
It's settled, I'm going to name my Litten Gao.

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
Oh yassss! Bara starters for all three types are now complete.
Chesnaught, Gaogaen, and Mega Swampert.

In all seriousness though, they look great. I'm gonna use all three starters when I get the chance.
Now, I hope to see them in actual motion.

I could've said this back when the datamine confirmed things.

That's really what your first thought was when seeing these.

It's weird because Emboar was already the Bara for Fire starters. Different body type, but same classification.

Jadgirl04

Lilac Dungeoneer
Now they're 100% confirmed outside of datamining and leaks, I'm switching out starters completely XD I was originally just going to get Sun and get a Litten, but now I'm getting both and picking Rowlet for Moon and Popplio for Sun ^ ^

B. Thunder Tiger

For those who like the fan-name Beltigre, I agree, its a awesome name. Really, whoever came up with that name, is genius. Looking at the name itself, I can derive the following points from it:

Beltigre meaning is derived from the following parts in my view:

Bel:
May refer to the bell of Torracat, otherwise the golden bell, and also likely refers to the name "Belenus", which is the name of a celtic fire god of the sun. It may also refer to the word "Beligerent", which means "to wage war". The latter would fit nicely with the Dark Type's agreed symbolism of being the violent, mean, foul, destructive type.

Belt:
For the obvious championship belt on its design, but also, it may likely refer to the real-life location that's the Ring of Fire as well, which is very fitting seeing as the concept art also depicts the belt spitting/erupting out a spiraling ring of fire. The Ring of Fire is also known as the circum-Pacific belt.

El-Tigre:
Derived from Tiger Island, a volcanic island. Its this, along with the Ring of Fire, that gave me the whole Ground-vibe even stronger, even though the Ground type isn't really made too obvious in Litten3's final design.

Tigre:
Is Spanish for "Tiger". Enough said.

Links:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belenus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belligerent
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_of_Fire
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Island

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Ah, they're finally confirmed even though they were practically confirmed back in August, but whatever!

In this case, I hope we get them in today's trailer. My team literally hangs in the balance of Liften's typing...

.Aerodactyl.

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit bizarre that they have been released so early? And from Twitter for the TCG no less?

I wonder if it's because of the data mine and they're just like "Well forget it now". I mean, I know they have a pre-release plan and don't typically deviate from it, but this release does seem a little outta left field.

lunis the ogre

Ogre of the gourd
Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit bizarre that they have been released so early? And from Twitter for the TCG no less?

I wonder if it's because of the data mine and they're just like "Well forget it now". I mean, I know they have a pre-release plan and don't typically deviate from it, but this release does seem a little outta left field.

To be fair, everything about this gen has been outta left field.

shac

Is there still more info coming today, or those TCG images are all we got?

'Beltigre' does look more dark than fighting in that TCG image to me which gives me hope...

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
The final starters are the worst kept secret in the world. It's like they're trying to constantly leak them.

noakai

They deleted the tweet, so that wasn't meant to be the reveal. I wonder if they plan to just officially reveal them anyway in the stuff we're supposed to get later and the TCG tweet was meant for later today.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I honestly really hope and dont think rowlet will change types despite what some think. It just wouldnt make sense and his deisgn still stays completely intact as being flying. It's not like he lost his wings, they only got bigger.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Also Juniper + Sniper

Ashirene seems to be ashika (sea lion) + sirene, following popplio's naming theme.

No idea about Gaogaen but it sounds hot.

I LOVE these puns, aaaa~<3

Please don't let Ashirene's English name be something redundant like: "Searionne".. As in Sea, Siren and Sealion (with the "ea" from Sea replacing the "i" from siren, and the "io" replacing the "e" in "siren") and adding the extra "ne" to continue with Brionne. I'm pretty sure Brionne comes from Brine and Sea Lion, with the "ne" from Brine tagged on at the end.

Following some stupid naming-trends introduced in GenI, but I'll highlight one from GenV: Emboar. I just hope that Gaogaen (which means Roarflame), won't end up as.. Tigroar.. Actually, I quite like that.. xD

As for Junaipa.. Sounds a whole lot like "Ju-Sniper", apparently Jun means falcon, and I can see where they've gotten the reference considering the eyesight of falcon's being extremely good, which is a theme for archers as well. Pa meaning to release just seals the deal. Its largely an Australian Grass Owl with pulsatrix-like "spectacles" and an archer theme, it's name being a portmanteau of falcon (likely just a reference to its great eyesight) and a note to sniping and the releasing arrows.

Roarflame.. Not too much to discuss here.. xD

It will be so OP!

Not too much, apparently, with Bruxish' and Tsareena's abilities shutting down priority.

I would laugh so hard if Roarflame is its English name. Roarflame and Talonflame XD.

Cough*Pyroar*cough..

For those who like the fan-name Beltigre, I agree, its a awesome name. Really, whoever came up with that name, is genius. Looking at the name itself, I can derive the following points from it

I just made it up a few seconds ago, but what about Tigroar.. I mean Beltigre sounds nice and all, but I honestly don't find it fitting to the character. That name doesn't sound like menacing tiger wrestler that will tear you apart. It sounds like a fancy tiger prancing around on stage. Tigroar sounds like it will rip you to shreds the moment it locks eyes with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.