• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowlet

So what is Decidueye suppose to be a combination of?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

First of all, let me just say how completely excited I am for Popplio and Litten! They both got the secondary type I wished they would gain and they look AMAZING in Sugimori Art. It really makes me appreciate Incineroar more (always adored Primaria so) !

As for Decidueye.... WHAT. I was one of those adamant defenders of 'Rowlet is not going not have the luxury of gaining yet another type' argument but I shall eat my words! I am pleasantly surprised by this Grass/Ghost typing. I was not expecting it in the least but I'll say it makes a lot of sense actually. It's something Noctowl should've done. :3

Gah, I'm so glad they were officially revealed! <3

Dragon Pulse

I did not expect Decidueye to be Grass/Ghost! I am quite pleased though. It definitely surprised me!

Last edited:

Bus

So what is Decidueye suppose to be a combination of?

Deciduous; I think it describes a certain species of trees; like a coniferous tree. and eye...because an archer...I guess lol.

As for type balance, Fairy is resisted by Fire, so it'll do neutral to Incineroar (so glad I can stop saying Litten3 lol). Dark is resisted by Ghost, so Decidueye has nothing on Incineroar.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Poor Incineroar. Decidueye and Primarina are both super effective against him. RIP.

On the other hand, I did not expect Decidueye to be Grass/Ghost! I am quite pleased though. It definitely surprised me!
Decidueye isn't super effective against it. It's the other way around actually.

Orphalesion

LONG LIVE PRIMARINA, the First of her Name, the Queen of Fabulosity, the Princess of Beauty, the Baroness of Fashion, the Lady of Song and the Empress over all the Seas

Long May She Rain!

Last edited:

Bus

So...shall we make a new poll? How many people do you think will be naming their Decidueye 'Hawkeye'?

LONG LIVE PRIMARIA, the First of her Name, the Queen of Fabulosity, the Princess of Beauty, the Baroness of Fashion, the Lady of Song and the Empress over all the Seas

Long May She Rain!

I feel like Her Majesty, Queen Tsareena would like to contest this part...

B. Thunder Tiger

Also, I forgot to mention that of all three Starter Evos, Incineroar has the coolest official art, while the other two just have their art taken from the concept art. Still I'm going with Incineroar, followed by Primarina. For the Grass starter, to me, I think he's not as special, not to say, I can't even pronounce that name of his. Way too complex for my taste, whereas Incineroar and Primarina are way simpler and to the point.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Oh, Popplio.

I was in your corner the whole time. Then Rowlett got a Ghost evolution. Peep the title, honey. I can't turn away a Ghost.

Bus

Also, I forgot to mention that of all three Starter Evos, Incineroar has the coolest official art, while the other two just have their art taken from the concept art. Still I'm going with Incineroar, followed by Primarina. For the Grass starter, to me, I think he's not as special, not to say, I can't even pronounce that name of his. Way too complex for my taste, whereas Incineroar and Primarina are way simpler and to the point.

If you've seen the word before, it becomes a little easier to say and flows smoother off the tongue lol. 'Deh-sid-you-eye'

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Incineroars signature move is also pretty funny. He has a lot of character.
Right ?! And it's not just the signature move. Incineroar moves a lot when on stage. Its playfulness and its shady look really give it some awesome personality. Gah! I love how it turned out. Typing is amazing.
So...shall we make a new poll?

I support this a 100%. I am very interested in everyone's new opinion on the starters!

Status
Not open for further replies.