• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDK

Welp, fire starter double wreck grass starter, water starter double wreck fire starter (well not really since fire resists fairy but you get the idea) y'a grass only single wreck water since ghost is not SE on fairy.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm glad incenroar isnt part fighting but I hate how it looks. I'm neutral towards rowlets final evo and I kind of like popplio's final evo. I will still be going with popplio on whatever game is my main one, most likely moon and the other I will use rowlet.

scififan21

I think I've finally warmed up to Inceniroar the typing confirmed him for me. I love Dark types and his animations in game are nice. Love Decidueye's typing! I love the ghost bit even if it was a complete shock to me. I think I'll switch my starters around game wise since it wouldn't feel right not to use him in Moon now. :)

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
Primarina is awesome (in my opinion) and I'm glad it's a Water/Fairy type and it will definitely be my starter in Sun.

I'm glad Decidueye is a Grass/Ghost type as well

Popplino

Akala Island Kahuna
Also I'm guessing Primarina is based on "prim" and "marina"? Prim as in "being prim and proper". Incineroar is self-explanatory.

I would actually take a bet on the words being derived from Prima Ballerina, the highest stage of heing a ballerina, which is a style of dance, we all know Brionne likes to partake in. Ballerinas are also very elegant and graceful, mych like I assume Primarina is. And also, Marine.

Squirtortoise

Decidueye is deciduous + eye. So the first way you said it is probably right. Primarina is probably more based on Prima + Marina, as in "Prima donna" or "Prima ballerina."
Oh, Prima donna is perfect. Makes complete sense, thanks.

Decidueye comes from deciduous, trees that lose their leaves in winter. So it's pronunced as "see"
Thanks for the clarification, I believe I pronounced it correctly then. Knowing this stuff makes the names that much nicer.

Thing is, I feel like they should've made Decidueye a little more darker in coloration and added more "ghostly" touches in its design.
I like when they shy away from the norm with typings. Most ghost-types have some sort of "ectoplasm"-esque design touches, so its nice to get ghost-types that seem to be fully tangible. Like Golurk, Jellicent, etc. and now Decidueye.

Edit: Also it's awesome that we got brand new secondary-typings for all 3 starters this time around, and they're pretty unique. I hope their stats are at least decent for all of them so that this gens starters are that much better than the last couple have been.

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Primarina, is, fantastic. I was thinking Sirene due to Asirene is her Japenese name. I am so glad that all of the starter final evolutions are heavily appealing to me, especially with how Deicudeye turned into a "GHOST". Incineroar's 3D model is absolutely great too! I may have all three in one game perhaps!

Just to say, I didn't get the idea why Primarina's signature move would heal the burn of the opponent. Incineroar and Deicudeye's are preventing opponent to do something, while it leaves Primarina to hand over the advantage to the opposing party.

fubufubu

"Y'know how you were wanting a circus theme for these starters? Well, instead, have an archer, a wrestler and a pop singer that looks way too feminine for a predominately male starter line!"

B. Thunder Tiger

Just realized this. The name Incineroar, when pronounced in parts, also includes the sound of the word "Sin", which goes nicely with its Dark type. After all, sins has connections to evil. Also, another part in its name includes the word "Nero", which is greek for "Black", explaining its black color scheme.

Incineroar:

Incinerate, Incinerator, Sin, Nero, Roar.

"I'm going to incineroar you into a crisp!" - Incineroar, the Demon Tiger Wrestler of Hell.

Last edited:

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
"Y'know how you were wanting a circus theme for these starters? Well, instead, have an archer, a wrestler and a pop singer that looks way too feminine for a predominately male starter line!"

Ugh Not this again. Just because you're jealous of how fabulous Primarina is, that doesn't mean you have to lash out.

glacialcat

The circus thing was really... reaching? Popplio had an obvious performer theme, with acrobatics and all. But Litten and Rowlet had nothing circus-y at all and were relying entirely upon speculation that fire cat = cat jumping through flaming ring and bowtie = somethingsomethingknifethrower? somethingsomethingringmaster?

We also do not know that Popplio's line will be 7/8ths male. It could be 7/8ths female. This is a not a thing to be upset about yet. Yes all starters have been 7/8ths male before. All previous games also had gyms, etc. And even if it does become 7/8th male... I can't even be bothered to care. Insert list of every feminine looking Pokemon with a big male ratio, including Braixen.

Ver-mont

Another case of fans looking into things that aren't there and being upset when they didn't get their way

Exactly.

There never was even a shared theme between the starters except in Kalos.

And the circus theory wasn't even very widespread or popular, as far as I've seen it.

BlitzGirl41

Still picking Rowlett, but I am iffy about the Ghost typing. It means he won't get STAB from all the Flying moves he learned leveling up. Which means I will need to bring Pikipek along with me if I want Flying STAB. But...I guess that, STAB or not, having the Ghost typing will make Decidueye invulnerable to Fighting type moves...

I'm just surprised that GameFreak revealed the final evos this far in advance. Perhaps they finally decided to put the speculation to rest about those leaked drawings, settle it once and for all before fans got too crazy?

MartiniTheDratini

Ha, I knew Popplio would end up being Water/Fairy! I even called Fire/Dark on Litten. DID NOT see Rowlett becoming Grass/Ghost though. Very nice surprise there. This might be my favorite batch of starters, I'm loving their animations.

2dtyplosion

Incineroar is starting to remind me of Zangeif from street fighter. His chest stripes are even kind of Zangeifs chest hair. Not to mention his lariat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.