• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

glacialcat

Honestly the only problem I have with the name Decidueye is that I have to stop myself halfway through to not just complete "deciduous." It's a decent name I think, but it needed the cutoff point between deciduous and eye to be before my tongue is just ready to complete the word. The actual pronunciation is easy... too easy, that's why I keep almost just saying deciduous!

2dtyplosion

It seems like game freak is changing things around with the designs of some types like ghost and rock. Rockruff and Decidueye both don't really look like there type. I actually like the name Decidueye.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So, Incineroar and Primera were basically nailed exactly right by most of us, type wise.

Decideuous though..... why another Grass/Ghost? We already have the Phantump and Pumpkaboo lines, along with Mow Rotom..... Incineroar is excused for not being yet another Fighting type, and Primera is at least unique since Tapu Fin is more of a legendary.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
So, Incineroar and Primera were basically nailed exactly right by most of us, type wise.

Decideuous though..... why another Grass/Ghost? We already have the Phantump and Pumpkaboo lines, along with Mow Rotom..... Incineroar is excused for not being yet another Fighting type, and Primera is at least unique since Tapu Fin is more of a legendary.

There are 5 grass/flying types, and 5 grass/ghost, so it's actually equal.

Rowlet

Because there can be multiple Pokemon with the same typing? It's not against the rules for us to have another Grass/Ghost typing

BlitzGirl41

Honestly the only problem I have with the name Decidueye is that I have to stop myself halfway through to not just complete "deciduous." It's a decent name I think, but it needed the cutoff point between deciduous and eye to be before my tongue is just ready to complete the word. The actual pronunciation is easy... too easy, that's why I keep almost just saying deciduous!

Perfect time to give it a nickname, then! ;)

It seems like game freak is changing things around with the designs of some types like ghost and rock. Rockruff and Decidueye both don't really look like there type. I actually like the name Decidueye.

I also like the name. It is clever. I don't hear everyday people use the term "deciduous" much, so it makes this Pokemon feel unique. And "eye" is a nod to it's marksman theme. I'm so glad that it was not named "Robinhoot", but of course anyone can nickname it that to their heart's content in-game.

glacialcat

Mow Rotom isn't Grass/Ghost. It's Electric/Grass.

B. Thunder Tiger

Anyone notice that Primarina also contains the word "Mar", as the Lunar Mares, the dark spots of the Moon? Makes it more fit seeing its part Fairy-type and Fairies are connected to the moon.

aerial_ace

Icall it now decidueye HA will be levitate to still tie in with its bird design. Levitate or sniper cant see any other options that would fit it.
Still cant believe my little owl turns into ghost. As much as i would prefer it to retain flying ghost is my second favourite type so i will get over it eventually :p design wise its my second favourite starter of all 7 generations it is just perfect.
I also have a funny feeling ghost will be super effective against fairy this gen. Just to make both start'stype super effective againsf both types of one starter and weak against another.

BlitzGirl41

Icall it now decidueye HA will be levitate to still tie in with its bird design. Levitate or sniper cant see any other options that would fit it.
Still cant believe my little owl turns into ghost. As much as i would prefer it to retain flying ghost is my second favourite type so i will get over it eventually :p design wise its my second favourite starter of all 7 generations it is just perfect.
I also have a funny feeling ghost will be super effective against fairy this gen. Just to make both start'stype super effective againsf both types of one starter and weak against another.

I sincerely hope so. Ghost has only been effective against, what, Psychic, and that's it? GF made Poison and Steel more viable last gen by making them SE against Fairy, so it would only make sense if Ghost gets a strength. But I won't be upset if this doesn't happen, as there's no point in investing too much confidence in something that isn't out yet.

B. Thunder Tiger

I sincerely hope so. Ghost has only been effective against, what, Psychic, and that's it? GF made Poison and Steel more viable last gen by making them SE against Fairy, so it would only make sense if Ghost gets a strength. But I won't be upset if this doesn't happen, as there's no point in investing too much confidence in something that isn't out yet.

Ghost type is effective against itself and Psychic actually.

Froakin' Koga

Yeah I doubt it'll get levitate since it's based on a stilt owl which spent most of its time on the ground. I think it's HA will rely more on its archer status and it'll get keen eye, super luck, or SNIPER.

Gohankuten

Oh yea that's right, so actually only 4 ghost/grass total, two lines. There are two seperate lines of water/fairy, so equally unique.

For Water/Fairy counting both the Tapu and Primarina there are 4 total and of those would be 3 actually usable since most wouldn't use Maril over Azumaril. And then on Grass/Ghost side we have 5 total of which 3 are usable so they basically have the same number for uniqueness. And Fire/Dark only has 3(4 if you count megas as different) total of which only 2(3 if megas are counted differently) are usable so again similar uniqueness. I'm just wondering what the HAs and stats will be of the starters since that will determine how good they are ultimately.

glacialcat

Ghost kind of needs a nerf more than a buff? It's nearly uncounterable. Only Dark and Normal types have any resistance to it at all. Sure it only hits 2 types, Psychic and Ghost, super effectively. But tons of teams won't even have 1 member that resists Ghost now that Steel no longer resists it. If Ghost gets another super effective hit, it needs another thing to resist it.

The only reason Ghost isn't rampaging around like Dragons did pre-fairy is there's no Pseudo-legendary ghost types with 600 BST and no Ghost moves hit harder than 80 BP without a downside.

Last edited:

Tepigfan

So, just curios, what leak were they predecited in? The starters I mean, beacause they were offically revealed, did the leak say anything else? Beacause this just gave it pretty much 100% credibility.

2dtyplosion

So, just curios, what leak were they predecited in? The starters I mean, beacause they were offically revealed, did the leak say anything else? Beacause this just gave it pretty much 100% credibility.

The Chinese leak is the major one. It's been legit for awhile.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
These probably are the first starters or pokemon period to ever be leaked three separate times. Concept art/chinese leak, datamines, and TCG box.

Status
Not open for further replies.