• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'm gonna call it.

Decidueye is going to become the most popular pokemon of Gen 7. I already see traces of Lucario and Greninja within it, which will likely go well with fans, particularly those who watch the anime.

TyLogic

Wouldn't count on it. If they do have a secret, it's probably plot-related, rather than gameplay-related.

I can't really imagine it being something plot-related. What would it be if that's what the secret is though? Maybe they affect certain events in the story? That would make choosing your starter all the more significant.

mankarp

Hmmm now that i think about it, i realize 2 things about this set of starters. First, it's the first generation since gen 2 that we don't have a fighting type starter, and second, the secondary typings of this set, beat the secondary typings of the kalos set.
Ghost > fighting
Dark > psiquic
Fairy > dark

Curious, isn't it.

TyLogic

Hmmm now that i think about it, i realize 2 things about this set of starters. First, it's the first generation since gen 2 that we don't have a fighting type starter, and second, the secondary typings of this set, beat the secondary typings of the kalos set.
Ghost > fighting
Dark > psiquic
Fairy > dark

Curious, isn't it.

I think that it's just a mere coincidence friend.

Orphalesion

I still think the supposed "secret" Coro-Coro talked about was just their final evolutions. It's simple rethoric to keep the readers coming back.

Imagine a fire bug starter. I wonder what would it fit from the horoscope theme they have going on.
It could be so cool

Considering the theory tries to make an echidna into a rat, they'd probably say it's a stand-in for the horse because "horse beetles" are a thing, or some equally far-fetched stuff *rolleyes*

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
i thought their secret was their hidden abilities?

But most Pokemon have Hidden Abilities. I don't see how them having them would be a big secret.

Also, I'm not sure where you heard that their HA's were their secret, but I hope it wasn't that "leak" that claimed what their HA's are, because that info hasn't been proved of verified in any way, and it just plain reeks of fishiness.

TyLogic

But most Pokemon have Hidden Abilities. I don't see how them having them would be a big secret.

Also, I'm not sure where you heard that their HA's were their secret, but I hope it wasn't that "leak" that claimed what their HA's are, because that info hasn't been proved of verified in any way, and it just plain reeks of fishiness.

What leak? Is it recent?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Wouldn't count on it. If they do have a secret, it's probably plot-related, rather than gameplay-related.
I doubt the starters have something plot related going. That'd (probably) require keeping them on their team, which wouldn't appeal to some people.

Considering the theory tries to make an echidna into a rat, they'd probably say it's a stand-in for the horse because "horse beetles" are a thing, or some equally far-fetched stuff *rolleyes*
That's so stretchy that no one would even try and make that connection.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I'm gonna call it.

Decidueye is going to become the most popular pokemon of Gen 7. I already see traces of Lucario and Greninja within it, which will likely go well with fans, particularly those who watch the anime.

Most likely. Incineroar is too controversial to be super popular, and primarina won't really stand out enough. Pretty much every gen has "that" pokemon. Decidueye will be it for gen 7.

kawaiiconcept

TOP OF THE MORNIN'

no...
i cant remember
maybe you guys were talking about it and I got confused

WolfCypher

I'm gonna call it.

I say Primarina will be the popular one via how good it may be competitively while Incineroar will be the one pushed by The Pokémon Company the most, it looks like it'll be the most marketed (Litten) out if the three starters.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I say Primarina will be the popular one via how good it may be competitively while Incineroar will be the one pushed by The Pokémon Company the most, it looks like it'll be the most marketed (Litten) out if the three starters.

Litten hasn't really been promoted much more then the others, merchandise has them as pretty equal and none of them have had a breakout role that places them above the others. Rowlet is implied to be going to Ash, but until the anime starts airing, it's not like the others are completely off the table either.

TyLogic

It's hard to say. We don't know their stats or moveset but they all look good.

gliscor&yanmega

I'm gonna call it.

I feel Mimikyu and Rockruff will probably end up most popular. Mimikyu is clear to see they have even made a video for itself. And a lot of people seem to like Rockruff and/or its evolution(s).
Plus those two already have roles in the anime and likely will appear often. Can't say much for the evolutions of the Starters.

I imagine all the starters will end up plenty popular though. Decidueye has the cool factor, Incineroar has gotten more love after not being a Fighting type and having a nice description, and Primarina has the beauty factor, all things people like about them. Don't see too big of a difference in thier popularilty happening.

I'm gonna call it.

I see it happening too, but it really depends on which Pokémon they decide to push. Out of the starters, Decidueye has the most potential I think, but who knows if Incineroar/Primarina take off. Outside of them there are Rockruff/Lycanroc, Silvally and even Mimikyu with their growing fanbases which kinda strike as potential "faces of the generation" to me, but we'll see.
whoever gets in the next Smash Bros shall be the one

TyLogic

I really want them to reset the poll so I can see how different the votes are. Are they going to do that?

john90

I think you guys are all overrating Decidueye. We don't know its stats yet. Serperior was equally liked but no one remembered about it until it got contrary. If Decidueye will not be good competitvly no one will you use it after the first ride and people will forget it. Its typing does not help it at the moment and design alone can't do much either cause it's something that appeals just for few months after the games are out. So it need great stats, great coverage moves cause we get used to pokemon by seeing them in battle and if this is not the case, Decidueye will go down in popularity as fast as Dragalge (do you remember the hype when we finally got the dragon/poison? When was the last time you have seen one?).
Stop saying Decidueye will be remembered forever, it will be the new greninja, it will OU. You are simply making stronger the possibility to be disappointed by it. Accept it as it will become....cause trollFreak is always at the corner trying to destroy your hopes as it did with the "new talonflame"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.