• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

knightwolf09

TyLogic

LET'S CHANGE THE SUBJECT FRIENDS!

I heard that some people think that Decidueye will be physical, not special. Are there any good physical Grass or Ghost-type moves? I'm not sure if Decidueye can use Phantom Force. Maybe the only physical Ghost-type move that Decidueye can use is Spirit Shackle. The only physical Grass-type move I can think of that would be good is Leaf Blade.

There is always the possibility that they made a lot of good moves this generation.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

I heard that some people think that Decidueye will be physical, not special. Are there any good physical Grass or Ghost-type moves? I'm not sure if Decidueye can use Phantom Force. Maybe the only physical Ghost-type move that Decidueye can use is Spirit Shackle. The only physical Grass-type move I can think of that would be good is Leaf Blade.

There is always the possibility that they made a lot of good moves this generation.
There is the new move Solar Blade, buttttt I'm not sure how useful that will be.

gliscor&yanmega

Shadow Claw it can probably get, and Shadow Sneak. Seed Bomb can probably happen too. All good in terms of either BP or effect.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Thank you for removing my previous answer. The subject was way out of the line.

Mmh. For early levels, I could definitely see Rowlet/Dartrix learning Razor Leaf. But for a lasting usefulness effect, I could see it using Leaf Blade (it would be cool if it shot a quill at the opponent and the quill would do the Leaf Blade animation). Seed Bomb could perhaps happen ? Obviously, they can always introduce a new physical Grass type move.

As for Ghost, Spirit Shackle will likely be the only really viable physical Ghost option for Decidueye. I could see it getting Shadow Sneak too, but it's not a hard-hitting move in the long run.

Orphalesion

With it's emphasis of using leaf feathers as a weapon in its Rowlet form I could see Decidueye getting Razorleaf, Petal blizzard and, since its a bird, bullet seed maybe?

TyLogic

I forgot all those physical moves.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Dartrix was already seen using Razor Leaf in a trailer. I believe it was its reveal trailer actually.

Well, I have to admit I don't watch the trailers, I only watched the very first one and the Mimikyu rap, so I sometimes don't know stuff that gets revealed in them.

On Sparkling Aria, I could maybe see Milotic getting access to it? Plus we don't know what pokemon might appear in the future that would fit it and the other signature moves.

TyLogic

So, what about Phantom Force? Is that physical?

glacialcat

So, what about Phantom Force? Is that physical?

It is, but not a very good choice competitively. It's fine in-game, but a bit annoying to use just because it takes twice as long to execute.

If Spirit Shackles doesn't have enough BP to be a good stand alone STAB, then the best Decidueye can hope for on the Ghost-front is Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw, and maybe anything new they put in.

AmethystLeslie

It is, but not a very good choice competitively. It's fine in-game, but a bit annoying to use just because it takes twice as long to execute.

You'd think that a powerful move that bypasses Protect would have more use. I still hope Decidueye would get it, and be good with it.

TyLogic

If Spirit Shackles doesn't have enough BP to be a good stand alone STAB, then the best Decidueye can hope for on the Ghost-front is Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw, and maybe anything new they put in.

Hmm. I can't think of a new physical Ghost-type move. Decidueye seems to have some problems. I can't really decide between Litten and Rowlet. Rowlet seems to have more weaknessess though and moveset (STAB-wise) seems to be a problem as well. Hopefully it's not as bad as it seems.

glacialcat

You'd think that a powerful move that bypasses Protect would have more use. I still hope Decidueye would get it, and be good with it.

Main problem is that it gives your opponent a chance to swap punishment-free. Hitting through protect alleviates some of the problem of being a charge move, but if your opponent has a Normal-type you've just told them "please switch to an immunity next turn." Same thing with Dark-types, though they'd only resist it, and then potentially Pursuit-trap you.

future.newyorker

Well, I have to admit I don't watch the trailers, I only watched the very first one and the Mimikyu rap, so I sometimes don't know stuff that gets revealed in them.

On Sparkling Aria, I could maybe see Milotic getting access to it? Plus we don't know what pokemon might appear in the future that would fit it and the other signature moves.

I don't really see any other Pokémon getting the starters signature moves in the future. Just like I don't ever see any other Pokémon getting Water Shuriken, Mystical Fire, or Spikey Shield for that matter.

TyLogic

Main problem is that it gives your opponent a chance to swap punishment-free. Hitting through protect alleviates some of the problem of being a charge move, but if your opponent has a Normal-type you've just told them "please switch to an immunity next turn." Same thing with Dark-types, though they'd only resist it, and then potentially Pursuit-trap you.

Well then. Spirit Shackle and Phantom Force seems like a good combination for Decidueye.

gliscor&yanmega

I don't really see any other Pokémon getting the starters signature moves in the future. Just like I don't ever see any other Pokémon getting Water Shuriken, Mystical Fire, or Spikey Shield for that matter.
Only, in ORAS all three were given to something else. Greninja's Mat Block remains with just it though I think.

TyLogic

Only, in ORAS all three were given to something else. Greninja's Mat Block remains with just it though I think.

It still kind of irks me that Tepig still has Heat Crash, or does that move have other users as well?

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
It still kind of irks me that Tepig still has Heat Crash, or does that move have other users as well?

Tepig and its evolutions are still the only ones that can learn Heat Crash. It's actually the only Gen5 starter with an exclusive move which is strange IMO. I couldn't see any that could have been exclusive to Snivy's line and only Razor Shell could have been an Oshawott line exclusive but Shellder was capable of learning it even in Gen5.

Status
Not open for further replies.