• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SageofTruth

Greninja Assassin
Yes, but I don't think you should post that here. I already mentioned there was a cart in the wild, but I don't think it's a good idea to post that here.

I have looked into the void and left with the knowledge others seek. I sense much ire in the future.

john90

Rowlet stats
Wait in that picture Rowlet is a bulky pokemon with great HP and defenses, low speed and mediocre attack/sp. attack. Shouldn't Primarina be the wall?

Sakuraba

Yes, but I don't think you should post that here. I already mentioned there was a cart in the wild, but I don't think it's a good idea to post that here.

I don't know. There really isn't anything much there. We knew Rowlet learned Leafage for a while now. And it's a level 5, so it's Stats don't really say much.

I say it's fine. Really.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I don't know. There really isn't anything much there. We knew Rowlet learned Leafage for a while now. And it's a level 5, so it's Stats don't really say much.

I say it's fine. Really.

The thing is that the thread that spawned those pics has revealed a LOT more.

knightwolf09

Rowlet stats
Wait in that picture Rowlet is a bulky pokemon with great HP and defenses, low speed and mediocre attack/sp. attack. Shouldn't Primarina be the wall?

[spoil]I think it's trying to be an all rounder with having good defenses and attack at the price of speed. Though some people think it could pull a Blaziken and get a slight increase in speed. Here's Dartrix http://i.4cdn.org/vp/1478529884635.jpg[/spoil]

john90

[spoil]I think it's trying to be an all rounder with having good defenses and attack at the price of speed. Though some people think it could pull a Blaziken and get a slight increase in speed. Here's Dartrix http://i.4cdn.org/vp/1478529884635.jpg[/spoil]

Cause people will never accept the true if the true is not what they want. I've been saying this for weeks. I calculated Rowlet hp to be 67-68 (so 100+ on Decydueye and no pokemon with great hp is faster then 95).

knightwolf09

Cause people will never accept the true if the true is not what they want. I've been saying this for weeks. I calculated Rowlet hp to be 67-68 (so 100+ on Decydueye and no pokemon with great hp is faster then 95).

I at least want it's speed at 90s or so. And it still has a chance of doing so.

knightwolf09

Lol at the delusional rowlet stans who wanted a fast attacker

I always knew Rowlet wasn't going to be that fast. At least the second fastest of the starters and it probably still is, but I didn't expect it's speed to be this low especially since Decidueye doesn't even look that bulky nor does it's typing. We'll just have to wait and see how Decidueye turns, otherwise I think GF made a mistake with this one.

john90

I at least want it's speed at 90s or so. And it still has a chance of doing so.

Well right now on a neutral nature, its speed growed up of 1 almost every level. Imo Decidueye will be a bulkier, slower Meganium. Which is not that bad, Meganium is a good wall, but Grass/Ghost is not exactly a good combo because of knock off, sucker punch, Brave Bird Talonflame, Ice shard and so on...My complain is that Trevenant and Gourgeist are similar somehow to the role Decydueye can have competitvly.

Anthea

I always knew Rowlet wasn't going to be that fast. At least the second fastest of the starters and it probably still is, but I didn't expect it's speed to be this low especially since Decidueye doesn't even look that bulky nor does it's typing. We'll just have to wait and see how Decidueye turns, otherwise I think GF made a mistake with this one.

I expected popplio3 to be the wall

knightwolf09

I expected popplio3 to be the wall

Well I think Popplio still has the the highest Sp.attack and Defenses of all 3.

Well right now on a neutral nature, its speed growed up of 1 almost every level. Imo Decidueye will be a bulkier, slower Meganium. Which is not that bad, Meganium is a good wall, but Grass/Ghost is not exactly a good combo because of knock off, sucker punch, Brave Bird Talonflame, Ice shard and so on...My complain is that Trevenant and Gourgeist are similar somehow to the role Decydueye can have competitvly.

Well if there's a bright side, it ends up faster than it's predecessors and it can take a hit better too.

Last edited:

Sakuraba

It's weird that Decidueye is more bulkier. It's design did not lead into that at all.

I don't care, I use Emboar as my go to Starter in Gen 5. So Rowlet is still my choice for Gen 7, but I'm really confused as to why he's that way.

john90

Some calculation:

Quilladin neutral nature 0 IVs and 0 EVS at level 17 has 24 speed.

Dartrix has 23 speed at level 17. This means 55 base speed if it didn't get any evs upon level up and if its ivs are 0. But I would say 50 honestly. Let's say Decidueye can go from 60 to 80 at best imo.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Some calculation:

Quilladin neutral nature 0 IVs and 0 EVS at level 17 has 24 speed.

Dartrix has 23 speed at level 17. This means 55 base speed if it didn't get any evs upon level up and if its ivs are 0. But I would say 50 honestly. Let's say Decidueye can go from 60 to 80 at best imo.
I don't really understand how by far the smallest starter evo in both weight and height of the three can be the slowest when one other one doesnt even have legs and the other one is super bulky and muscular, and decidueye's description talks about it's blazing speed.

knightwolf09

I don't really understand how by far the smallest starter evo in both weight and height of the three can be the slowest when one other one doesnt even have legs and the other one is super bulky and muscular, and decidueye's description talks about it's blazing speed.

I swear if it's Pidgeot Mach 3 exaggeration again, I'll be upset. Then again I remember Dartrix's description talking growing exponentially in power once he evolves.

glacialcat

Lol at the rowlet stans who wanted a fast attacker

Why? It was a perfectly reasonable desire.

Hidden ability will still determine a lot about Decidueye however. And the plus side of being slow and bulky is it means things like Ice Shard and Sucker Punch are less intimidating, Ice Shard's 40 BP isn't that scary when doubled if you're bulky, and Sucker Punch can be played around with support moves such as Will-O-Wisp. It does mean that Knock Off is even more of a problem however. Definitely the bane of my Gourgeist usage.

Right now things don't look particularly great for Decidueye. At least it seems like it could simply be a mixed version of Gourgeist so far. But there's a lot left to be discovered, specifically hidden abilities could completely change its potential.

Its biggest flaw won't be focusing in defense, its biggest flaw will be if it tries to stay mixed. Slow bulky attackers have worked before. Slow bulky mixed attackers, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.