• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

palkia901

Someone has calculated Dartrix stats range:

(Max IV/Max EV-0 IV/0 EV):
Hp 48-91
Att 30-78
Def 40-88
Sp. Att 30-78
Sp. Def 35-80
Speed 8-55

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
We don't truly know what any of these Pokemon are capable of until we at least have knowledge of their hidden abilities. Abilities alone can make or break a Pokemon. Contrary single-handedly took Serperior from hot garbage to an OU-worthy threat while Greninja's Protean ability made an otherwise slightly above average Pokemon into one of the most broken starters in history.

Contrary and 111+ speed and Contrary is what made serperior great, without those he would still be ****.

.Aerodactyl.

Weather Decidueye is the most competitive in game or not, I still think it's gonna be marketed as the MVP of this gem's starter group.

Even Greninja, if I recall correctly, wasn't the greatest competitively until he got Protean. Wasn't Chesnaught considered the MVP before hidden abilities?

john90

Weather Decidueye is the most competitive in game or not, I still think it's gonna be marketed as the MVP of this gem's starter group.

Even Greninja, if I recall correctly, wasn't the greatest competitively until he got Protean. Wasn't Chesnaught considered the MVP before hidden abilities?

Imo people need to stop taking Greninja as an example for everything.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer

I can see him being the more marketable one. Personally, Decidueye was my favorite when the concept art leaked, he's such a unique design. But after watching them in-game (and yeah, partly due to typing) Incineroar has become my favorite. I love the way he moves, the stance, the personality he has in Refresh and the fact that his coloring gives him a look like he's wearing a shirt with the sleeves torn off. Decidueye is pretty cool and may possibly be the more marketable choice, but Incineroar beats him out, imo.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Imo people need to stop taking Greninja as an example for everything.

There are better examples in Swampert, Infernape and Blaziken as well as the niche of Empoleon rather unique typing.

Swampert only fell from grace in Gen5.

Blaziken was great as a wallbreaker in Gen 3,one upped badly by infernape in Gen 4.

Empoleon is the only one of those with a real niche in singles, infernape manages to hold up for its bulky set, and again is infernape speed the one allowing him to successfully invest in bulk and check common pursuit users.

Captain America X

Even without Protean Greninja would have still been pretty good(Just not OU/Uber level) due to it's high speed stat,decent attacking stats and extremely good movepool

.Aerodactyl.

I can see him being the more marketable one. Personally, Decidueye was my favorite when the concept art leaked, he's such a unique design. But after watching them in-game (and yeah, partly due to typing) Incineroar has become my favorite. I love the way he moves, the stance, the personality he has in Refresh and the fact that his coloring gives him a look like he's wearing a shirt with the sleeves torn off. Decidueye is pretty cool and may possibly be the more marketable choice, but Incineroar beats him out, imo.

Eh, personally dislike of Inceneroar aside, I see problems with marketing him over Decidueye. He's not really gender neutral, limiting his appeal, plus I foresee problems with the crotch belt. Having to pelvic thrust to spit out fire could get some parents in an uproar.

GDK

Protean was available since day one... we didn't even know the exact base stats yet and yet protean greninja was already a thing available in the games.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
Eh, personally dislike of Inceneroar aside, I see problems with marketing him over Decidueye. He's not really gender neutral, limiting his appeal, plus I foresee problems with the crotch belt. Having to pelvic thrust to spit out fire could get some parents in an uproar.

:)

Wasn't trying to argue Incineroar being more marketable. Just expressing my love for it over Decidueye, despite Decidueye having been my favorite when they leaked.

.Aerodactyl.

Protean was available since day one... we didn't even know the exact base stats yet and yet protean greninja was already a thing available in the games.

But stat wise, without a protean, it's comparable. Point being that things like HA, move pools, etc. They matter. It also depends how people gonna end up using them. Doubles? Singles? Smogon rules or not?

Whilst I don't particularly care who is considered the most competitively viable, I think it's early to discount Decidueye just yet. And, regardless of competitive value, I suspect he's gonna be the MVP anime-wise and other games, like Greninja and Charizard. But I could be totally wrong, too!

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Rowlet because I love its design, been waiting since Gen 3 for another owl Pokémon, and I like how it isn't mostly green like all the other Grass starters.

Captain America X

But stat wise, without a protean, it's comparable. Point being that things like HA, move pools, etc. They matter. It also depends how people gonna end up using them. Doubles? Singles? Smogon rules or not?

Whilst I don't particularly care who is considered the most competitively viable, I think it's early to discount Decidueye just yet. And, regardless of competitive value, I suspect he's gonna be the MVP anime-wise and other games, like Greninja and Charizard. But I could be totally wrong, too!

Greninja still had very high base speed with good attack and special attack stats.A slow grass/ghost type defensive wall is not as good as that

Shraeder

It's Lit
Cause people will never accept the true if the true is not what they want. I've been saying this for weeks. I calculated Rowlet hp to be 67-68 (so 100+ on Decydueye and no pokemon with great hp is faster then 95).

I think the one being shown has a reduced speed nature. In the battle royale footage Pikachu outside Litten, Litten outsped Rowlet, and Rowlet outsped Popplio.

Last edited:

knightwolf09

I think the one being shown has a reduced speed nature. In the battle royales Litten outside Rowlet, and Rowlet outside Popplio

No, it has a neutral nature. You can tell because no particular stat is highlighted.

john90

I think the one being shown has a reduced speed nature. In the battle royales Litten outside Rowlet, and Rowlet outside Popplio

Rowlet and Dartrix have a neutral nature. It is confirmed by the absence of red/blue marks on its stats. Dartrix speed will be something between 8-55. Popplio may be even slower or have the same base speed, how do we know? It's like saying Torterra is fast cause it outspeeds ferrothorn.

Shraeder

It's Lit
Rowlet and Dartrix have a neutral nature. It is confirmed by the absence of red/blue marks on its stats. Dartrix speed will be something between 8-55. Popplio may be even slower or have the same base speed, how do we know?

Oh ok, didn't know they changed it to an arrow. I said outside in my previous post but I meant to put outsped lol, my laptop autocorrects it. Also, in one of the gameplay footages pre-release I think Popplio had like 9 speed at level 6 or 7 but it had really high special defense and special attack

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.