• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

Chimchar15

Primarina has a really cool z move, and Decudieye's looks great too. I think Incineroar's looks cool and fits him really well so good moves all around.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
I love incineroar wicked smile before attacking lol

I love incineroar wicked smile before attacking lol

Agreed 100%. Incineroar is like "I'm going to put on a show that goes out with a bang!" Its that showmanship that really sells the performance. What I find interesting is how Decidueye and Primarina have projectile based ones, but Incineroar himself becomes the weapon. Good stuff. I like the other two as well.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
One thing I like about Primarina's is that she shows a lot of character here where before, I feel she really didn't. At least, not compared to the other two. Like the bow at the end, her clearing her throat before she starts singing, that look she has on her face while she's controlling that thing... just little things like that add to her character. She's a performer, and she takes her performances seriously. I love it.

But yeah. Incineroar's is my least favorite, but I thought just summoning an entire wrestling ring made of fire out of nowhere was absolutely hilarious.

Rowlet

All 3 were visually well done imo and I'm so glad that they actually got something a little special unlike last gens starters

SageofTruth

Greninja Assassin
Meh that's nice and all but let my Primarina show you her Spirit Bomb.

She doesn't even let the bubble make contact with the opponent. She just pops it and has it splash on them. That was hardly a spirit bomb. It had all the build up to be awesome and then didn't pay off. I was very disappointed.

Edite: I mispoke it does make contact but wingull just didn't react to it. It felt like the poping of the bubble did more than dropping it on him did.

Last edited:

Skyknight

For the record, there are a few on Smogon who are thinking of Decidueye as a viable pivot-trapper, rather than sweeper-trapper. Example moveset: Spirit Shackle/U-Turn/Leaf Blade/Roost.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Well, do keep in mind that the footage is slowed down. It will likely look a lot different when it's running at normal speed.

Yeah, it probably won't be a huge explosion like Incineroar's was, but it's made of water. You shouldn't be expecting an explosion or "bomb" anyway.

Sakuraba

For the record, there are a few on Smogon who are thinking of Decidueye as a viable pivot-trapper, rather than sweeper-trapper. Example moveset: Spirit Shackle/U-Turn/Leaf Blade/Roost.

I like that moveset. It's kinda gimmick, but I do think it'll work.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
What do you guys think is a good set for Incineroar?
I'm planning on running Fire Fang, Darkest Lariat, Flare Blitz, and Will-o-Wisp.

... But I'm not really a competitive player, so this probably isn't a good set.

Gh0st Ninja

Ninja Expert
It really feels like 7th gen has a vendetta against the speed stat. Very few new pokemon have decent speed. Makes me pretty sad.

Gohankuten

I wonder if Primarina is strong competitively

It's got good typing, decent bulk, good Sp.Att(Highest amongst all starters ever as well as highest Sp.Def), and has a good movepool. Only thing it's truly lacking is a great HA since it's current HA is only decent(turns sound based moves into water moves), and it's speed is in a pretty bad spot being both too slow for standard and too fast for trick(then again that seems to be a common theme for a lot of Alola pokemon though some have it low enough to be great in trick).

Sakuraba

It really feels like 7th gen has a vendetta against the speed stat. Very few new pokemon have decent speed. Makes me pretty sad.

GF probably wants to make more slower, bulkier pokemon to combat the speed creep of Gen 5/6. I'd not be surprised if some moves end up favoring slower pokemon.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
In a way,having the starters slower makes the game more challenging.You don't outrun everything and KO everything.Last gen was insane with so many fast and powerful pokemon...you just ended up KOing everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.