• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nave

I'm very disappointed in Decidueye's lower speed, but looking at his move pool, I can see him being a good pivot that irritates the opponent. They made him a mixed attacker to differentiate him from Incineroar and Primarima, but along with that his HA is interesting with moves like Sucker Punch, Brave Bird, and Grass Knot.

His move pool and design may make the character. And he is faster than the other starters after all.

Anthea

Nice to see primarina is such a heavy hitter, no idea what's so exciting about her signature move or hidden ability though

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
I'm planning on using these two movesets for Primarina (Sun) and Decidueye (Moon):

[spoil]Primarina:
Scald
Moonblast
Ice Beam
Psychic

Decidueye:
Leaf Blade
Spirit Shackle
U-Turn
Brave Bird[/spoil]

john90

I'm planning on using these two movesets for Primarina (Sun) and Decidueye (Moon):

[spoil]Primarina:
Scald
Moonblast
Ice Beam
Psychic

Decidueye:
Leaf Blade
Spirit Shackle
U-Turn
Brave Bird[/spoil]

I don't know, maybe psychic on Primarina is not a great idea. You have moonblast against fighting type, so it is only useful on poison types (like only Salazzle among the new pokemon which is also a fire type-->scald and sea urchin). I would use Energy ball to counter other water types or maybe shadow ball for psychic and ghost types.

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
I don't know, maybe psychic on Primarina is not a great idea. You have moonblast against fighting type, so it is only useful on poison types (like only Salazzle among the new pokemon which is also a fire type-->scald and sea urchin). I would use Energy ball to counter other water types or maybe shadow ball for psychic and ghost types.

I agree those two moves are good as well so maybe I'll use Shadow Ball instead.

Anthea

I'm thinking of a support primarina with Aromatic mist (+aurora veil in hail), scald burns, etc. I would use her as a special wall with amnesia but her hp is low

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I'm thinking of a support primarina with Aromatic mist (+aurora veil in hail), scald burns, etc. I would use her as a special wall with amnesia but her hp is low
What does Aromatic Mist do again? I can't find it on the list of new move descriptions.

<><><>

Regarding Decidueye, anyone thinking it will be fast enough to work with Choice Scarf? Assuming its trapping move remains in effect after switching out, its extra speed could give it a niche over its bulkier but much slower counterpart.

Anthea

What does Aromatic Mist do again? I can't find it on the list of new move descriptions.

<><><>

Regarding Decidueye, anyone thinking it will be fast enough to work with Choice Scarf? Assuming its trapping move remains in effect after switching out, its extra speed could give it a niche over its bulkier but much slower counterpart.
Increase ally special defence stat. Oh yeah perish song is another I would use. I really want to explore hail this time

aerial_ace

<><><>

I would say base 70speed is borderline. U could outspeed everything apart from handful speedy megas without a boost.
Although i dont think spirit shackle will completely trap opponents. If it works like mean look if you switch out opponent is no longer trapped. If pokemon will be trapped even after you switch out this will be one of the most broken moves

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Aurora Veil is for Ice types? Why do they insist to make Ice types defensive?

EDIT: Sticking with Decidueye's though, seems good-ish

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
They probably want all types to have mons on all roles. Just so no type is exclusive offense or defense.
I guess, but... Ice types will never be good defensively unless they get rid of 1, preferably 2 weaknesses. Dropping the Rock and Fighting or Steel weakness would be the biggest boost as there is ways to deal with Fire types. Or give Ice the ability to hit Rock and Steel for SE damage...

kawaiiconcept

TOP OF THE MORNIN'
I guess, but... Ice types will never be good defensively unless they get rid of 1, preferably 2 weaknesses. Dropping the Rock and Fighting or Steel weakness would be the biggest boost as there is ways to deal with Fire types. Or give Ice the ability to hit Rock and Steel for SE damage...

ice type is so weak
i hardly ever use them
2 exceptions being glaceon and avalugg

Sakuraba

Either making it resist more types, like Dragon or Water, or making it has less weaknesses is the better option. But GF probably wants to avoid changes in the type chart if possible.

pOlarizer

Is Primarina better off running Torrent or its HA? HA seems only useful for Hyper Voice whereas it already has Surf/Sparkling Aria

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.