• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Discussion & Thread

What is you favorite Sun & Moon starter?

• Rowlet

Votes: 467 43.2%
  • Litten

Votes: 343 31.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 270 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Rowlet's animation using Astonish is my favourite animation of all time.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
I love Pokémon Refresh. Grooming my starter and my team is sooo cute~ I burned my hand touching Torracat's bell and electrocuted myself touching Pichu's face lol.

Bowlbasaur

I love Pokémon Refresh. Grooming my starter and my team is sooo cute~ I burned my hand touching Torracat's bell and electrocuted myself touching Pichu's face lol.

Yes, this is one of my favorite new things. Being able to do this right after battles is a huge help too!!

Nave

So are most thinking Decidueye would be best as a mxied attacker? Would it be beneficial to use a speed reducing nature or do we think 70 base is too high for that?

I ended up with Brave, because the cut scene is so long and I was so happy when I got my Rowlet, so I did not want to soft reset.

But now, I'm pretty happy with the nature I got. Grass Knot + Sucker Punch should be an unpredictable combo.

However, a mixed attacker set makes more sense with its egg moves and HA, since Grass Knot makes contact and Ominous Wind goes with Baton Pass.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
Just got Primarina but yeah it is male cause sring for calm or modest was a pain. I just assumed I'd keep it and later breed it to be female after getting by the game. There's no point in Soft resetting for a female if I only got a female once out of 40 or so tries.

Shingamon

The flying flame
does anyone know if the ability capsule will work on the new starters? i really want primarina's other ability

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
does anyone know if the ability capsule will work on the new starters? i really want primarina's other ability
Ability capsule doesn't work for Hidden Abilities, so probably not.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Honestly, Decidueye has three roles: it can be an all out attacker (it's not a sweeper though), it can try to be a mixed attacker (very limited Special movepool), but it's best role is one of a pivot. With Swords Dance/Nasty Plot and Baton Pass or just U-Turn and Defog, it's got potential. If it had either Leech Seed or Will-O-Wisp it would be pretty tops

Why would you want it? It's not like the -ite ability's (doesn't boost the attacks), it only transforms any Sound move to Water type, which Surf/Scald/Hydro Pump/Sparkling Aria all out class

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Honestly, Decidueye has three roles: it can be an all out attacker (it's not a sweeper though), it can try to be a mixed attacker (very limited Special movepool), but it's best role is one of a pivot. With Swords Dance/Nasty Plot and Baton Pass or just U-Turn and Defog, it's got potential. If it had either Leech Seed or Will-O-Wisp it would be pretty tops

Why would you want it? It's not like the -ite ability's (doesn't boost the attacks), it only transforms any Sound move to Water type, which Surf/Scald/Hydro Pump/Sparkling Aria all out class
Hyper Voice, tho?

Nave

Agreed. Overall, I really like its movepool, but I do wish it got Leech Seed and Phantom Force.

I like that it gets Confuse Ray and Spirit Shackle tho. So it can be threatening whether it switches out or stays in - pivoting til it gets the right match up.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i got popplio and i have no qualms about chosing her. took 2 tries to get a female one but had to go for a neutral nature. i really like popplio's design and evolutions.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I was deadset on picking Litten, but then I had a change of heart and I picked Rowlett. I really like Rowlett's final evolution. It kind of reminds me of Green Arrow lol. I'm a big fan of the Arrow TV Show.

BlitzGirl41

Rowlet is even cuter in game than originally portrayed! I loved it whenever he swiveled his head back in battle, or waddled in a circle in Refresh! Sadly, the love was short-lived, for it wasn't long before I got Dartrix. But that image of picking up Rowlet "gently in your arms" will always be with me! Now to wait for Decidueye... Dartrix is underwhelming, like most middle evolutions are.

shadowF

I wonder if you had to choose which starter is the canon starter of Pokemon sun and moon?

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
I've always been #teampopplio but Brionne was kind of meh for me until I actually played the game and had one. It's definitely a real cutie and I think I like it more than Primarina.

Status
Not open for further replies.