• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Pokémon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orphalesion

I mainly want the zodiac theory nixed so that people would stop talking about it and the auxiliary grass/water starter theories that were created to justify it (the greass starter theory is that they're green...no wait, reptiles! No wait...uh....uhmm....prehistoric animals! Yeah prehistoric animals, like the snake and the owl!) The problem with the grass one is that it can't be proven or disproved, since there's an extinct everything (which is why it's useless as a theory), but the fire one can be falsified with a single Pokemon that doesn't fit into the zodiac; bears, rhinos, elephants, scorpions, etc or the repeat of an already existing zodiac animal (a fire wolf starter for example, or an actual fire rat...)

That being said a fire bull starter would be cool, regardless of the theory. I'd be fine with a fire bull that becomes a fire minotaur (fire/steel?)

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’ve always wanted a platypus starter that turns into Water/Ice for its last stage. I came up with the idea years ago and called the final evolution Platypice.

Orphalesion

The fake platypus starter from a while ago was ridiculous levels of cute. It was one of those situations where I really wished that the fakemon could have been real.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
That being said a fire bull starter would be cool, regardless of the theory. I'd be fine with a fire bull that becomes a fire minotaur (fire/steel?)

Most fire starters stand up, so that could work for a minitour. That said I had an idea a while back for a long horn bull starter. It was Fire/Steel.
In its first stage its a quadrupedal calf, second stage has it standing bipedal, but by the final stage its steel horns are so big and heavy, it has to use its arms to walk and run (similar to a gorrila) from the weight.

Sodapop

Queen of Violet
I really like the idea of a smol fire ox that evolves into a bi-pedal Fire/Steel minotaur , that way it fits into the zodiac well.
They could make a horse into a Fire/Flying pegasus. Or a goat into a Fire/Steel big horned ram.
Fire/Poison as a multi headed cobra would be cool. They've already used the same animal concepts for other types with Blastoise/Torterra, and it's only a matter of time before they use a snake again. Kind of against the idea of a rabbit since Fire/Fighting seems so likely.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
One thing I enjoyed about the Kalos starters was they all shared a theme of RPG classes. Chesnaught (Knight), Delphox (Magic), Greninja (Rogue).

It'd be cool if the new trio shared a theme aswell.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
One thing I enjoyed about the Kalos starters was they all shared a theme of RPG classes. Chesnaught (Knight), Delphox (Magic), Greninja (Rogue).

It'd be cool if the new trio shared a theme aswell.

Im pretty sure gen7 was sorta similar themed we had a hunter (Decidueye) beserker (Incineroar) and bard/songstress (Primarina)

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
More of a Brain/Brawl/Beauty theme.

Hadnt heard that one before. Most mention the one I said.

How about a theme for the starters based on transportation. Land, air and sea.

Sodapop

Queen of Violet
Hadnt heard that one before. Most mention the one I said.

How about a theme for the starters based on transportation. Land, air and sea.
I feel like those could be applied to Kanto.

How about a Greek theme?
Wood nymph, minotaur, and a hippocampus? Or kraken.
Grass/Fairy, Fire/Steel, Water

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I feel like those could be applied to Kanto.

How about a Greek theme?
Wood nymph, minotaur, and a hippocampus? Or kraken.
Grass/Fairy, Fire/Steel, Water

....can we make the kraken dual type? Water/Electric or Water/Ghost maybe...

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I think Water/Ghost is perfect for the kraken. The Ghost typing can be explained by saying it can vanish into the dark depths of the ocean water.

As well as the ships it sinks......

.....although would a Water/Ghost Kraken seem a little to similar to another tentacled Water/Ghost type we know?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
What I want for the starters is fairly simple and it relates to final evolutions whose types I want to be: Fire/Ground, Water/Fighting and Grass/Dark.

The reason is basically because of completism lol

We have Swampert and Torterra as the half ground types, Blaziken/Infernape/Emboar and Chesnaught as fighting then Greninja and Incineroar as dark

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
What I want for the starters is fairly simple and it relates to final evolutions whose types I want to be: Fire/Ground, Water/Fighting and Grass/Dark.

The reason is basically because of completism lol

We have Swampert and Torterra as the half ground types, Blaziken/Infernape/Emboar and Chesnaught as fighting then Greninja and Incineroar as dark

Makes sense.... although I would prefer secondary types that havent been used..... this works though. Unfortunatley for the Grass starter it would be weak to Fire starters Fir attacks, and Water starters Fighting attacks. Not to mention x2 from regions bird Pokemons flying attacks, and x4 from regions bugs, bug attacks.

How about,
Grass/Dark Racoon
Fire/Ground Rabbit
Water/Fighting Octopus

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'd be happy with any of the following:

Grass:
Psychic
Ice
Dark
Steel
Fairy

Fire:
Ground
Bug
Poison
Ghost
Steel
Fairy

Water:
Rock
Bug
Poison
Fighting
Psychic
Ice
Ghost
Dragon

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I'd be happy with any of the following:

Grass:
Psychic
Ice
Dark
Steel
Fairy

Fire:
Ground
Bug
Poison
Ghost
Steel
Fairy

Water:
Rock
Bug
Poison
Fighting
Psychic
Ice
Ghost
Dragon

Huh..... no /Electric? Id love any of the starters to get that as secondary typing.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I guess Electric too, but I don't expect it. They usually represent Electric through other early game Pokemon or Pikaclones.

Usually... but then again most of the time when they get that secondary type its not till the final form. So it wouldnt be till mid 36ish that they would get that electric typing.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
What about a Pikaclone that's a starter as well? Like Fire/eletric or something similar? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.