• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Pokemon Themeed Team

Psycho Cut

Team is slightly edited due to a heads-up about balzekin from the other posters.

As you can gather from the title, this is a team consisting of only starter pokemon. It's a random, crazy idea I came up with recently, but in making the team I've become rather proud of it and I think it's very good :)

So, RMT away:

;257; @ Focus Sash
Speed Boost
Lonely
EVs: 252 Att, 252 Speed
Moves:
--Protect
--Swords Dance
--Blaze Kick
--Reversal

So, it was kinda obvious this guy would be here. The idea is protect, swords dance, protect for a +3 speed boost ad a +2 attack boost. The focus sash should take him down to 1HP makingreversal very powerful, and he should be able to sweep with that. Blaze kick is an alternate STAB.

;254; @ Focus Sash
Overgrow
Naive
EVs: 252 Att, 252 Speed
Moves:
--Swords Dance
--Endeavour
--Leaf Blade
--EQ

So this guy swords dances, is hopefully reduced to low HP then sweeps with overgrow and STAB boosted leaf blade. EQ is for coverage and endeavour is to reduce anything I can't handle to low HP so it can get picked off by priority.

;260; @ Chesto Berry
Torrent
Careful
EVs: 252 Hp, 140 Sp. Def, 112 Def
Moves:
--Curse
--Rest
--Waterfall/Stealth rock
--EQ

So this chap completes the R/S/E trio, the best starters by a long way, imo. Curse is to stall and raise attack, rest and chesto berry for instant recovery and waterfall/EQ for heavy damage after a few curses. I was thinking of replacing waterfall for stealth rock, though entry hazards aren't really my style.

;160; @ Life Orb
Sheer Force
Jolly
Evs: 230 Att, 230 Speed, 48HP
Moves:
--Aqua Jet
--Waterfall
--Ice Fang
--Dragon Dance

Feraligatr is also one of my favourite starters (and my first) and with his awesome DW ability I thought I'd use him in this team. Aqua jet is for priority and the other moves are boosted by Sheer Force. Waterfall is stab and ice fang deals with dragons. Dragon dance is for setting up. I've invested a few more EVs in HP, to make the most of Feraligatr's decent bulk and to make it easier for him to set up.

:497: @ Leftovers
Contrary
Timid
EVs: 252 Hp, 252 Speed, 4 Sp.Atk
Moves:
--Leech Seed
--Substitute
--Protect
--Leaf Storm

Ok, something other than pure power now, some subseeding goodness! Protect helps to stall and leaf storm stops me being taunt bait and also benefits from the brilliant ability contrary.

;392; @ Life Orb/White Herb/Focus Sash
Blaze
Timid
Evs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves:
--Flamethrower/Overheat
--Focus Blast
--Grass Knot/Nasty Plot
--HP Ice

So all throughout this you were thinking 'this guy needs a special sweeper' well here he is! Just a wide range of sweep-y moves, including HP Ice for dragons. I was thinking however I could change flamethrower for overheat and give him a white herb, or give him a focus sash and nasty plot, so he can get a nasty plot in and then sweep.

I was also thinking of replaing infernape with DW typhlosion, as Flash Fire is great synergy with sceptile and serperior.

-------------------------​

The main threat I can see to this team is entry hazards. They'll ruin sceptile's strategy and I don't think there are any starters that can learn rapid spin....

So, I hope you like my team, which is meant to be fun, a good laugh, but also perform well in the metagame :)

Last edited:

Aggron459

Aron Is Beast
Speed Boost Blaziken is impossible with Baton Pass, not to mention its uber by smogon. You either hacked, or your playing on PO. Since this almost has to be on PO, I'm going to say give Sceptile Unburden with the Flying Gem and give him Acrobatics over Endeavor. Use the standard Tanky swampert, cause its better than all swamperts. I honestly dont think this team will do so well, its just too gimmicky. Well, unless you've tested it a lot and its been doing well, just keep doing what your doing I guess lol

Psycho Cut

Meh, fine. I didn't know that. I'll have to think of a different team.

Psycho Cut

Ok, thanks about the heads-up about blazekin guys.

I've edited the team sligtly now, so blazekin has a slightly different strategy and I''ve added DD to feraligatr, one of the main pass recievers, so he can set up himself.