• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
Fennekin's design doesn't remind me about Vulpix and Eevee (or Flareon) at all. It has something different about it. If anything, it reminds me of Zorua, but only because of their Chibi looks. Fennekin is pretty original for me. Basing multiple Pokémon out of the same animal =/= unoriginal.

To all those suggesting that the video evidence suggests that Fennekin is Fire/Psychic.

Ralts/Kirlia (whichever it is) is Psychic. Fennekin could just as easily be using a reflecting attack/ mirror move which would most likely be a psychic one if it came from Ralts.

Also, the attack seems to come from its (Fennekin's) mouth. Could easily just be roar/hyper voice.

Shraeder

It's Lit
To all those suggesting that the video evidence suggests that Fennekin is Fire/Psychic.

Ralts/Kirlia (whichever it is) is Psychic. Fennekin could just as easily be using a reflecting attack/ mirror move which would most likely be a psychic one if it came from Ralts.

Also, the attack seems to come from its (Fennekin's) mouth. Could easily just be roar/hyper voice.

If it was reflecting the attack, there would have been an animation of it doing so.

Roar/Hyper Voice aren't pink and don't surrond the opponent like that.

Ryan7437

Banned
^ Growl is red, not pink. It could be a new move!

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
Because that's how the game works...

Not that much. Also, the attack is clear like a beam, which Hyper Voice/Roar are not.

They've never changed that much in the past because all of the older games were sprite-based. I wouldn't be surprised if a good amount of older moves were majorly revamped.

Because that's how the game works...

Yet the trailer isn't "the game". It's selected clips of animation from the game.

Not that much. Also, the attack is clear like a beam, which Hyper Voice/Roar are not.

Though of course they may have changed. I think the fact it comes from Fennekin's mouth suggests it's more likely to be a voice related attack than a psychic one.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
If it was reflecting the attack, there would have been an animation of it doing so.

Roar/Hyper Voice aren't pink and don't surrond the opponent like that.
In the actual game, a reflecting attack would in fact have an animation, but since the video was so heavily edited, it is possible that they cut out the reflecting animation in order to show constant action throughout each clip.

X&Y

Even though it's always possible that the attack Fennekin was using isn't psychic type it definitely looked like one which sort of makes me think that it was done intentionally by GF to allude to its second typing as it evolves.

Eve of the Apocolypse

One Last Battle~
Though of course they may have changed. I think the fact it comes from Fennekin's mouth suggests it's more likely to be a voice related attack than a psychic one.

I don't see anything confirming that it was coming from Fennekin's mouth, it was at an angle in which the aura was covering her face, therefore it could have been like Shadow Ball.

Isaac

Dragon Master

You realize that Mirror Move is only currently used by flying type pokemon? Odds are Gamefreak won't give Mirror Move to Pokemon that can't fly.

Also, Roar causes other Pokemon to flee, Kirlia was clearly being hurt by the move; and current animations of Hypervoice display sound waves. The attack used by Fennekin did not display sound waves

Eve of the Apocolypse

One Last Battle~
You realize that Mirror Move is only currently used by flying type pokemon?

Mimic would like to have a word with you.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
Do you guys think the starters will get their own unique moves this time around? If so, perhaps GF could add unique moves for all of the other starters as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.