• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Which starter would you use?

• Chespin

Votes: 845 26.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 1,329 42.2%
  • Froakie

Votes: 849 27.0%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

Votes: 127 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bariokie

rock dog
Yes with frogadier I think will have a lot more behind it then
A measure meant of water and toad..... Very un-creative name IMO

I made it :D
All I did with cut the picture and draw on it

He probably meant the source.
Wasnm't it an german forum?

john90

Yes with frogadier I think will have a lot more behind it then
A measure meant of water and toad..... Very un-creative name IMO
Well Gallantoad is a combination of Gallant and Toad. Gallant is a cool thing, but probably Frogallant would have been better.. :)
In my heart it will always remain Frommander however!!

SageofTruth

Greninja Assassin
That most likely fake "Gallantoad" pic is is the greatest thing ever. I didn't think I could like a design better than Sumurott's but It has been surpassed by fan art. I have a feeling if this is fake then the real deal will be a disappointment by comparison.

Charizard212

Grass/Dragon Trainer
s4pw.jpg

I'm not sure if anybody posted the full picture.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
So speaking of names.. For Froakie's final evolution name..

Which do you guys prefer?

Frogammander/ Frommander
Gallantoad/Frogallant
Lieutoadant

I personally love the uniqueness of Lieutodant it just gives such coolness.

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
Very old
The fennekin one makes absolutely no since looking at braxien

You could say the same for Dewott/Snivey -> Samurott/Surperior. Both lose bipedalness. Not arguing if it's fake or not, but just because Braixen is bipedal doesn't mean it can't revert back.

adamfitz

poké-lover
You could say the same for Dewott/Snivey -> Samurott/Surperior. Both lose bipedalness. Not arguing if it's fake or not, but just because Braixen is bipedal doesn't mean it can't revert back.
Its the fact that it would make braixen been bipedal and resembling a witch/mage
Very redundant and pointless

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
Its the fact that it would make braixen been bipedal and resembling a witch/mage
Very redundant and pointless

I honestly think Braixen's final evo will be bipedal as well as that would make more sense. I'm just saying there is precedent where GF might pull another Dewott -> Samurott thing.

adamfitz

poké-lover
I honestly think Braixen's final evo will be bipedal as well as that would make more sense. I'm just saying there is precedent where GF might pull another Dewott -> Samurott thing.

Yes I know but even dewott did contribute towards Samurott
I agree it will be bipedal
With some sort of fur dress and staff

storm12

Weather Bearer
Yes I know but even dewott did contribute towards Samurott
I agree it will be bipedal
With some sort of fur dress and staff

I imagine something more impressive with the ear hair tbh- like one curling round like a scarf and the other one curls up on it's head like a witch's hat or something, I dunno :p

john90

Probably today we faced the most accurate fakes of this generation. It was fun. Let's just hope the real ones won't make us regret them.
I will always remember you, Gallantoad.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Quilladin has grown on me to be honest. It's not my favorite middle staged Grass Starter, but it looks like it could be a powerhouse when it evolves and that's all that really matters imo. I think Braixen has the most potential though. Most people seem to expect good things from her final evolution and I'm sure Gamefreak won't disappoint.

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
Quilladin has grown on me to be honest. It's not my favorite middle staged Grass Starter, but it looks like it could be a powerhouse when it evolves and that's all that really matters imo. I think Braixen has the most potential though. Most people seem to expect good things from her final evolution and I'm sure Gamefreak won't disappoint.

*looks at location* I've found the One Piece already :p

on topic I think the grass starter might be the best one this gen looks like he is setting up for it

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Lieutoadant and Frogue are the most creative names I have seen so far. I'm not a fan of using -toad for the frog pokemon all the time but using the -toad in the middle of the name instead of a prefix or suffix is a great idea. However, Frogue also looks very cool to me. Gallantoad? That could be the first time I nick my pokemon if I choose Froakie on my second playthrough.

Rio!

Composer
View attachment 10418

I'm not sure if anybody posted the full picture.

Mm...meh. Although the final evos for Chespin and Froakin aren't bad at all though.
Can't quite think of why Fennekin would get streamers for it's tail though. XD

I am liking the way the artist drew a potential Mega-Typhlosion though. ;o

Last edited:

Curo

Water Trainer
Lieutoadant and Frogue are the most creative names I have seen so far. I'm not a fan of using -toad for the frog pokemon all the time but using the -toad in the middle of the name instead of a prefix or suffix is a great idea. However, Frogue also looks very cool to me. Gallantoad? That could be the first time I nick my pokemon if I choose Froakie on my second playthrough.

I don't think Froakie's last evo will be toad anything. Toads have more warts and stuff on them...like Venusaur. I think warts aren't as common on frogs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.